Can't pass value to others web forms

Can anyone please guide me how to make HyperLink Control pass values to others form?
0
topology111

If the hyperlink is data-bound, you can configure it to pass a value as a query string. To do so, you data-bind the navigateUrl property and include a formatting expression on the Databinder.Eval call. Here's an example:
<asp:hyperlink runat="server"

text="Jump to another page"
navigateurl='<%# Databinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.MyValue", "targetpage.aspx?myvalue={0}") %>' />
Note that you can only pass one value this way (or at least, only one query string variable):
You might find it easier to use a LinkButton control instead. That causes a postback. In the Click handler for the button, you can set session variables or whatever, and then use Response.Redirect to go to the new page. It's not as efficient (extra postback), but it works and is more flexible than using the Hyperlink control.
Anyway, some suggestions.

-- Mike Pope

ASP.NET User Education

mikepope

Trying to edit web form, can't get database updated with newly edited values.
 This is my code:  when I try to update any of the fields, the update statement retains the old values retrieved from the database.  Could you tell me where my code is bad? -Thanks, Mark   <%@ Page Language="VB" %><%@Import Namespace="System.Data"%><%@Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient"%><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script runat="server"> Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVa...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Can't close my web form
Hi: I have a web ASP.Net form (C#.net) where I have an Exit button. Behind the button I have the code:protected void btnExit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { Response.Write("<script language='javascript'> { self.close() }</script>"); } It's working ok and exits from my web form. In the form I display a chart. If I click on Print Preview from File Menu, then print the chart and close the print preview window, after that my Exit code does not work. It again and again runs the same page and displays the chart. I can't exit from my web form. Pls he...

Can't add web form
hi, When I try add web form in my project it doesn't add and gives me an error. here is an error details. ==================================================== Error Details An unhandled exception has been caught by VSW exception filter. Error Signature AppName: devenv.exe AppVer: 7.1.0.3077.0 ModName: urlmon.dll ModVer: 6.0.2800.1400 Offset: 00004a8f ===================================================== can anyone help me what's wrong? thanks. ...

Can't add web form
hi, I'm posting this question 2nd time. When I try to add web form in my project it gives me an error and doesn't show in project explorer. But when i check in project folder you can see the same file. here is an error details. ==================================================== Error Details An unhandled exception has been caught by VSW exception filter. Error Signature AppName: devenv.exe AppVer: 7.1.0.3077.0 ModName: urlmon.dll ModVer: 6.0.2800.1400 Offset: 00004a8f ===================================================== can anyone help me wha...

passing values to .net web form application
Hi Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application (designed using PB 11.1) from other web application? My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web form application) to my web application with user information. Thanks & Regards, Anbazhagan From the "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" manual: >>> Starting an application with command line parameters If your application requires command line parameters, you can assign values to the PBCommandParm global property before you deploy the...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Web resources about - Can't pass value to others web forms - asp.net.web-forms