can I delete <form id="form1" runat="server"> and </form>

Hi:

Now, I am trying to redesign the website using asp.net2.0, I notice all the asp page will automatically create a <form id="form1" runat="server"> ...</form>, such as:

<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    </form>

The virtual cart company tells me that I can't put other vitual cart code in between, because the virtual cart code also has <form> </form> and will cause conflict.

My question is: Is it possible I delete the <form id="form1" runat="server"> and </form> , so I can add virtual cart code?  Is it possible casuing any problem if I delete them?

Thank you very much.

Jt

0
jamest85

If you delete it, your aspx template has to use regular HTML tags. You can't use any NET server controls. And, you can't put runat="server" to any your html tags. Also, you have to use ACTION="" in your regular forms.

Anyway, it means you can't implement NET web features.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
0
che3358