Assign TextBox Value From 1 Form to Another Form on another page

I have searched for days without finding the answer that Im looking for.

I have created a marketing request form table called tblRequestForm with a few basic fields. [RequestFormID] , [FormTitle] , [Department] , [YourName].

I also have created another table called tblRequests that has these fields. [RequestID] , [RequestFormID] , [RequestTitle] , [RequestDescription].

I am trying to fill out the RequestForm on page1.aspx then on insert, postback the [RequestFormID] automatically into FormRequest on page2.

 I am really new to this and help would be great.

~Mickey Elliott~

“When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”
0
Mickey

Use a session variable.

Jeanre Swanepoel
Software Engineer
Bluegrass Technologies
0
Jeanres
11/30/2007 11:52:05 AM

can any one be specific about the code..?

~Mickey Elliott~

“When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”
0
Mickey
12/3/2007 7:58:03 AM

Hi dear...

Using the Session Variable is the Good Approach. All you need to do is when the Fields are inserted in the database Use  the Session Variable like...

----------------------------------

'--Suppose the  values are inserted in the Db then do the following in page1.aspx

' vb.net

Session.Add("RequestFormID", value_of_RequestFormID) 'The value_of_RequestFormID will be the one which is inserted into database

Session.Add("FormTitle", value_of_FormTitle)

 Session.Add("Department", value_of_Department)

 Session.Add("YourName", value_of_YourName)

Response.Redirect("page2.aspx")

'-----------------------Now you will be navigated to page 2------------------------------------------

'----------------------In the code bedind of Page2.aspx do the following

Response.write(session.item("RequestFormID"))

Response.write(session.item("FormTitle))

Response.write(session.item("Department") )

Response.write(session.item("YourName"))

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this Post will help you..

Regards,
N@vEeD Kh@N
0
naveed_khan

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Hi...passing textbox value one form to another form...
how  to pass the one form textbox value to another form datagrid  (pop-up window Datagrid) ...Jani... Hi, refer my article http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/PopUps.aspxMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets  To pass data from one form to another form you can use the following:1. TextBox txtName  = (TextBox)Page.PreviousPage.FindControl("textboxid");     textboxid is the id of the TextBox  that is generated at runtime you can find it in  page source of the previous page(Pag...

Retrieving image from 1 form to another form. (VB.Net & MS Access)
Hello!I'm getting the image in 1st form from database. When I'm moving to 2nd form how can i get the same image in form load?Thanks & RegardsPrasanna T Hi, Based on my understanding, you can display an image which is stored in the database on the form, and you want to display this image on another page.  If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. If we want to display the same image that is stored in the database, we can save the image into the folder and then refer to this image path using Image control on another page. I hope this helps. Thomas...

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Posting to Web Form with DropDownList from another form
I have a page with a drop down list that displays data on post back from the drop down list selected index change event. (call this form1) I need the ability to post to this page from another form (call this form2). there are about 6 options in form1. form2 will contain only 2 of these options displayed as simple hyperlinks. when the user clicks these links from form2 it needs to simply force a post back with that value from form2. id like to do this without javascript and id like to use the drop down list server control. anyone have a quick simple way to accomplish this? than...

Form as Child of another Form
Hi. Maybe my first mail describing the problem was too complex. A simple question then: Why do edit controls don't work correctly, if created in a child form of another form? --- snip --- void __fastcall TForm1::Button1Click(TObject *Sender) { TfrmTest* frmTest = new TfrmTest(Application); frmTest->Parent = this; frmTest->Show(); } --- snap --- If 'TfrmTest' contains edit-controls they no longer accept focus using the mouse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Eike Petersen > {quote:title=Eike Petersen wrote:}{quote} > ...

How to call One FORM from Another FORM IN VB.NET
I AM NEW TO VB.NET, I CREATE A REPORT USING REPEATER COMPONENT (FORM NAME IS REP_VIEW) IN ANOTHER FORM (REP_GET) I GET CODE,MONTH AND YEAR FROM THIS FORM (REP_GET) WHEN I RUN THE FORM REP_GET AND GET DETAILS OF CODE,MONTH,YEAR AND I CLICK THE VIEW BUTTON IN REP_GET FORM IMMEDAIATELY FORM_VIEW FORM HASTO BE OPEN AND REPORT  HAS TO BE VIEWED.  BASED ON CODE,MONTH,YEAR SQL QUERIES ARE IN CODE BEHIND OF FORM_VIEW , CONDITIONS ARE CODE,MONTH,YEAR,      WHICH IS GET FROM FORM_GET   PLEASE HELP ME   THANKS  ...

Forms or No Forms
Hope this isn't a repeat.  I looked and didn't find anything. Say for example you had a web page with around 20 fields retrive and update to a database with differing datatypes.  Some fields will have some special controls (dropdowns, radios, buttons, etc) that interact with other parts of the page.  What is the best and/or most efficient code to make the page. Would you use a Formview bound to a standard ADO.net SQL connection and edit the templates. Use a Formview bound to an Object Data Source and edit within the templates. Or use an Object Data Source and bind the...

Pass values from a web form to another page using a button
I'm trying to do a simple survey, where a user fills out a form and then clicks submit. The button sends them to a new page along with their answers from the form. How do I get it to send the values to the new page? Thanks you can do redirect at the end of button_click handler and pass the parametersAnatoly Lubarsky...

Posting values from one web form to another aspx page
How would I post the values from a form in my application to another form in someone elses application using vb.net? I understand it differs from asp 3.0 as pages in asp.net 1.1 post to themselves and a redirect doesn't post the values to the other form. Any help would be appreciated. If its on the same server try Context.Items["name"] = myText; Server.Transfer("page.aspx"); The application is on a different server. Would/Could/Should I have my aspx page redirect to a asp page which would then collect and transmit the values to the "other" app...

Web resources about - Assign TextBox Value From 1 Form to Another Form on another page - asp.net.web-forms

Aqua (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aqua is the GUI and primary visual theme of Apple Inc. 's OS X operating system . It is based around the theme of water, as its name suggests, ...

Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WP:RFCU redirects here. You may be looking for Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct ( WP:RFC/U ), CheckUser policy ( Wikipedia:CheckUser ...

Help - Identi.ca
Identi.ca is a social service . Users can post short(140 character) status messages which are broadcast totheir friends and colleagues on the ...

City of Whitehorse, YT : Contact
Employment - Bylaws - Document Library - FAQ - Contact Us Search Query Textbox Home Home About Whitehorse Notify Me Contact Us Employee Links ...

www.asianewsphoto.com Help
Help for uploading pictures Noun explanation Group pictures: a basic unit which stands for a piece of news photo in system; include: information ...

Metamorphose: All-In-One File/Folder Renamer For Windows, Mac & Linux
Previously, we’ve reviewed many batch file-renaming applications like ReNamer (read review), NameChanger (read review), File Grinder (read review) ...

How to build a Twitter extension for Chrome
Ars takes a close look at the Chrome Web browser's new extension system. In …

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- RSS
... RSS Service, please follow the instructions below. STEP 1. Select the product to subscribe. STEP 2. The RSS link will be shown on the Textbox ...

authonomy writers and readers - Daniel Escurel Occeno's profile - authonomy writing community
... of the Point Guard”. It is entered in www.textnovel.com writing contest.In the TEXTNOVEL website simply type in “Lee Chon” in the textbox search ...

Baseball Prospectus
Forgot Your Password? Enter your username in the textbox below. Username: If you don't remember your username, please contact Customer Service ...