Affecting a control on one page from another page

I have a page that is launched using showModalDialog, and I would like to change an HtmlInputCheckBox on the parent page when an event on the modal page is fired (in the code-behind).  Is this possible, and if so, how?  I've tried using

 Response.Write("<script>self.opener.document.forms[0].ApplyPhaseIn.checked=false;</script>")

 but this doesn't work, and I'm not sure how else to handle it.  Any suggestion would be welcome.

0
Broodmdh

No, this==> self.opener.document.forms[0].ApplyPhaseIn.checked=false; you have to put in a javascript function on the second page ;

for example put it in onClick of  a button or when you do the window.close() of the second page.

Bye.

//Mark my post as answer if this helped you.Thanks! \\

//Mark my post as answer if this helped you.Thanks!\\
0
devsharper
12/12/2007 4:22:59 PM

When I move this into a javascript on the modal page, I get an error stating that self.opener is null or is not an object.

0
Broodmdh
12/12/2007 4:40:08 PM

Hi Broodmdh,

Here is a thread which maybe similar to your situation, perhaps it will help to solve your issue, please
check the URL below.
http://forums.asp.net/t/1186363.aspx?PageIndex=2

Regards,
Xun

Regards,
Xun Ye.
Microsoft Online Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that
helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post
does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial
to other community members reading the thread.
0
Xun

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

How to open another web page from one web page
Hi, I am writing an asp.net(C#) 2.0 web page with a link to another web page by clicking a button control on the page, so how can I link it in the codes? I cannot access another aspx page class within the current aspx page class.  Thanks If you need to re-direct the user to another page after pressing your Button, then use the Response.Write method like so: Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx")Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET 1) Response.Redirect( "Destination PageName");2) Response.Transfer("Destination PageName");3) Hyperlink(  set Url="...

Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?
Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks. If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider In order to better answer this, I could use some details as ...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

how to embed part of one page into another web page?
Any feedback will be highly appreciated.Thanks There is a HTML element called IFrame where you specify the size of the frame and the source URL which will then render that URL inside the IFrame. Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team) Use IFrame will contain the whole web page, right? How about I want to contain part of the web page? Thank you very much for your reply.  ...

to access a control existing in one page from another page
I want to access a control existing in one page from another page     How can i do thins in asp.net 2.0 (vb.Net) sujith Hi, I believe you can this by using previouspages. You need to enable it in the page directive and use the postbackurl propertie of a control. For example you have 2 pages. Page 1 contains a label and a button. The button's postbackurl is set to page 2. When you press the button and you get forwarded to page 2 you can then access the control from page 1 by using the previouspage function. Here is a document about it: http://aspalliance.com/...

Multiple forms on one page, how do I post on to another page?
I have several submit buttons and text boxes, datagrids, etc. on a single page. I want one particular text box and submit button to POST to another page. Since there is only one form tag with postback, is this possible. I need POST instead of querystring because the string may be long (it's a search field) and the results are too large to fit on the same page. Can I take my text box value and submit that to another page from a page with numerous other postback actions on it? if(youTryToBeSmarter) { i.WillTryToBeNicer(); } You can do a couple of things: (1) Use a non-serv...

Web page opens second web page, how does first page know when the second one closes?
I have an app written in ASP.NET where one of the web pages opens up a web page in a second window.  When this second web page closes, the first web page needs to update its data.  How do you do this? You can have the child window call a parent method when the user clicks a link to close it. Otherwise, you'd have to set up polling to check for the existence of the child, and refresh if it doesn't exist. Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now." Thanks, this gives me part of the answer...

link a web page to another web page?
I have a web page with my banner and buttons for my site on it. I want to add this to all of my pages. Instead of copying a pasting that to every page. Is there a way i can link the pages to the banner page? Thanx use ascx?:) Or you could create a template page. That is: Create a page inherited from System.Web.UI.Page and place your banner and buttons in this and then have all your other pages inherit tis custom page instead of System.Web.UI.Page. ...

i web page referencing another web page
Can one web page reference a control on another web page? EX. a page is brought up with a number of textbox controls. Using a hyperlink one can pop up a nother page with the calendar control. Select a date from the calendar control and place the value back in the previous page. Can this be done and how? Use a Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to open a window, with a javascript string like this: "<script language=Javascript>window.open('my_url.aspx','window_name','left=100,top=100,width=200,height=500,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');</script>" Then you can s...

Update controls from one page to another aspx page on a frame
Hello, I've a frame page called default.aspx that has a left panel as navigation and the content page. When I first start the application, the content page is loaded with login.aspx page for user to login, however, when I first load the default.aspx page, I would like all controls (hylerlink and button) on the left panel be disabled until the user is loggin. So my question is that how do write script to enable the left navigation page one the user successfully authenicated. Which mean updating controls of another page. Is it possible? Thanks,...

passing a variable form one page to a sql query in another page
hi, i have a categories page and when the user clicks on a category it is to go to a products page which list all the products in that category. i cant believe it can be that difficult. ive been all round the block on this and have posted a number of messages on another forum but the trail went cold. the story so far... http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396963 any help would be muchly much appreciated! You have several options:  QueryString: You can use querystrings to pass variables from one page to another.  If you are using ASP.NET 2.0, you can use Cross ...

Web resources about - Affecting a control on one page from another page - asp.net.web-forms

Psychological and sociological issues affecting space travel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... and physiological issues involved with such a mission that remain to be worked out, there are also a number of behavioral issues affecting the ...

Facebook battling bug affecting link posts
Many page admins have been struggling with link posts lately, unable to upload an image to go along with the post. The image that goes along ...

Elder Christofferson Provides Context on Handbook Changes Affecting Same-Sex Marriages - YouTube
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reaffirmed the Church’s ...

Your say, SA: The Sunday Mail’s 2015 survey on the big issues affecting our state - AdelaideNow Search ...
THIS is your chance to have a say on the big issues affecting South Australia.

Carlton Coach Mick Malthouse says indecision over contract likely affecting Bryce Gibbs
Carlton coach Mick Malthouse has urged playmaker Bryce Gibbs to make a decision on his playing future soon in order to ensure that his form does ...

Are your pets trying to kill you? Zoonosis: Infections Affecting Humans and Animals
The positives of pet ownership have been extensively chronicled. People who live with a dog or cat, multiple studies have confirmed, are generally ...

Queensland - The State We're In live interactive forum to cover the issues affecting you
QUEENSLANDERS will get to quiz state government ministers directly on the big issues affecting their lives and have input on how to make this ...

Fatty liver disease: the frightening epidemic affecting one in three Australians
For years, John Hatty was a senior businessman travelling the world. The former scientist's job with a mining company took him to many fine restaurants ...

MRP speculation affecting Brent Harvey's preparation
Veteran midfielder says speculation over his possible suspension is affecting his preparation for preliminary final against the Swans.

How technology is affecting our relationships and sex lives
All over the world people are allowing technology to affect their relationships and their sex lives. It seems that our obsession with all things ...