Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms

I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application.
I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this?

Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance .
0
goblinkid

you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side).

you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind.
or use ajax

0
devnull
11/2/2005 1:51:54 AM
I think the only way to do this is to create your javascript code in the vb.net code, and i dont think you can use javascript functions in your .net application, and ways to do that:

string script;
script = "<script language='javascript'>";
script += "you jsCode.....";
script += "</script>";

if(!this.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("clientScript"))
   this.RegisterClientScriptBlock("clientScript", scipt);
}

or you can use Response.Write(script);
sure in your jsCode you can add anything from you .net code to the jsCode like this

string var = "name";
script += "document.write('" + var + "')";

Hope this helps.
i need a creative atmosphere
0
Cipher_kero
11/2/2005 1:58:13 AM
you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side).

you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind.
or use ajax

--> So how do I create a hidden input field? When the textbox is hidden or set to visibility to false, the value of the is not retained. What should I do to have the value retained, with the input field hidden? Can anybody please guide me along? Thanks.
0
goblinkid
11/2/2005 11:25:19 PM
use style='display:none;' in a div or in a table row
0
devnull
11/2/2005 11:54:18 PM
Thanks, it works perfectly ;)
0
goblinkid

Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have a textbox where user can put data.I store data into an array .I did this with java script.now i want to acess the array from the Codebehind  in vb.net web pages.here is the codefunction MakeArray( n ) { if( n <= 0 ) { this.length = 0; return this; } this.length = n; for( var i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) { this[ i ] = 0; } return this; } var Form1 = new MakeArray( 25 ); var index = 0; var cmmnd = 1; function f_store( sTR ) { var i; if( index >= Form1.length ) { for( i = 1; i < Form1.length; i++ ) Form1[i-1] = Form1; index = Form1.length - 1; } Form1[ index ] = cmmnd + ":" + sT...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Creating a web form in VB.NET 2003
I apologise if this has been asked a thousand times.  Firstly, I am using VB.NET 2003 (v7.1.3088) and .NET Framework 1.1.4322  SP1 on WinXP Professional SP2 platform with all security and critical updates in place.My background: good old FoxPro, VB6 and VBA under Access (yuk!)I am playing about with a test project before hopefully upgrading to VB.NET 2005 and i am having a fundamental problem with web forms for a ASP.NET web application.  Whenever I copy and paste an object (text box, label, etc) VB.NET pastes the object back onto the form apparently correctly.  After up...

Deploying Vb.Net Web Forms on the server
I created a setup file for my first test Web Application. It has a few forms that I like to test on the server. What do I have to do on the server for it to work properly. I have it working on my dev machine. What do I have to install and is there any changes that I have to make to machine.config or any other files. I am using the default settings in Global and web.config files. These files were generated by the Vb.Net 2003. I have been reading on this for awhile and like to make sure of the steps I have to follow. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Looping through controls in VB.Net Web Form
I need to disable every imagebutton. In VB6, I would have done it like this: 1 Dim iButton As ImageButton 2 For Each iButton In Me.Controls 3 iButton.Enabled = False 4 Next In .Net, I get a "Specified cast is not valid" errror on line 2. Using Page.controls in place of Me.Controls also produces the same error. So, I tried this (and multiple variations): 1 Dim ibControl As Object 2 For Each ibControl In Me.Controls 3 If TypeOf ibControl Is ImageButton Then 4 ...

login form for web services vb.net
Hi, I'm trying to create a windows form with  web services that check if the user and password are the same within the SQL SERVER DATABASE, if its the same then your a valid user if not your an invalid user. That is working ok, but I want to implement a try statement which only allows the user to enter in the details 3 times then the windows form shuts down. also if they do have it correct then another window opens up. ANY HELP PLEASE OR IF SOME 1 KNOWS HOW TO DO IT IN  ASP.NET :>  HERE THE CODE: <WebMethod()> _     &nbs...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

I need  Convert c#2005.net web template to vb2005.net Forms Template   There are some free c# to vb converters out there which will allow you to upload a project and convert it to vb.   The programming models for windows forms and web projects are very different there is no way to convert a web to windows forms project.   http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/Default.aspx      Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Hey Ajax-y, This tool really helps all programmers. I thought I would share this with you in hopes that you will fine some use for it. Thanks to KamalPatel.Net for this tool. You can see the tool here. www.kamalpatel.net  Hope this helps!!    Please give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for youSincerely,SpongeBert...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form
I tried to include an aspx file in a asp.net web form. However, all the web controls (textbox, button) in the included page are not displayed when called. <Form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> <%   Response.writeFile("subPage.aspx"); %> <asp:button id="btnPrev" runat="server" text="Previous"></asp:button> </Form> There are some <asp:textbox> controls in the subPage.aspx file, the file itself works fine, but when it is included in the main page, all the controls are not displayed. Please assist. Thanks   u should use iFrame instead...   <iFrame src="subPage.aspx" /> Hi, much more convenient way to have reusability in "page-like way" is to use user controls. Web Forms User Controlshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconwebformsusercontrols.aspThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

VB.NET web form Image control SizeMode
The "PictureBox" control in VB.NET has a property called "SizeMode". This allows you to choose how the image will display in the picture box if it is not the same size as the picturebox. However the "image" control for a VB.NET web form (in an ASP.NET application) does not have such a property, instead all images seem to be set to "StretchImage". I want them to be set to "normal", how can I do this? I thought of building my own user control but this would be silly because there must be a simpler way....

What Powerbuilder functions are not allowed to be deployed as .NET web forms?
I'm trying to move a small PB app to be a .NET webforms app and the build process is yelling that sharedata has no corresponding .NET method (yeah no duh). 1) what should one do to curcumvent share data function calls? 2)is there some white paper describing all the stuff you can't port over to a .NET web form. I'm pretty sure my large PFC based application will be a no-no , right? The only constraint on ShareData is supposed to be when you are trying to share data across sessions. Internally to the app, with that option turned off, it should work. Any chance the parm data type being passed to ShareData is difficult to discern at compile time? (e.g. Any, PowerObject) There's an entire manual that comes with PB on how to move things to ..NET: "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" It's available on the Sybase site as well. As far as PFC goes, I believe there are going to be some incompatibilities code-wise and some failures from unsupported features, but the bigger issue is that it's a bad architecture for a web application. Remember that code is only executed on the server, so every time it thinks it has to execute code, the entire app state is sent back to the server for execution. PFC has code in the ancestor for ItemChanged, LoseFocus, etc... You don't want your app to go meandering back to the server every time the user does something; it's a UI nightmare. IMHO, you'll find a l...

Either Vb Scripting or .Net web form Designer
Hi Friends, I am new in ASP world. I have creasty that Is it necessary that I have to learn VB Scripting for ASP web Development or I can get my goals using .net web form designer. Please help me with regards Asad Mahmood Email: asad_dba@yahoo.com regards,Asad Mahmood Hi Asad Well you can either code your .Net webforms with C# or VB.net. I think one of these languages you have to learn, then you can create powerfull webapplications. Your webformdesigner you can still use to design your webforms but the functionality you will have to put in the codebehind with one ...

Creating C# web form in VB.net application
I have an application developed in VB.net. In this application I want to create a webform where the code behind will be in C# as I have some functionality in C# I want to use. How can I achieve this? macca If you're using ASP.NET 2.0 this is simple- just add a new webform, and select language as c#. If you're using 1.1 or earlier, there isn't any way.My Blog...

Web resources about - Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...