Accessing IIS server's web services using asp.net and vb.net ...... READ INSIDE

Hi everyone

I am trying to develop an asp.net and vb.net web application. I am wondering that how my application will check that web services provided by the iis server is working ok. I am actually trying to access the www, ftp and smtp services offered by the iis server. And to see that if they are working ok. I am wondering that how do i access the iis server using my asp.net application or webpage. And thus after accessing this, how do i access the web services offered by iis server.

Any hint guys.

0
sb_harp

Hi sb_harp,

Based on my understanding, you want to consume a web service in your web form page or a vb.net
application.

Please feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood your concern.

I have concluded several steps for you to use a Web Service in a web application in Visual studio 2005.
1. You should get a Web Service resource by using the Add Web Reference tool.
2. Importing the namespace of the Web Service by using syntax.
3. Declaring and Creating a Web Service proxy class.
4. You can consume the web service by invoking the proxy class member method.
5. You can assign the URL of the web service to the URL property of proxy class.

For more information about Web service in .Net, please visit the following Web sites.
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/062602-1.2.aspx

Hope this Information is helpful!
Xun

Regards,
Xun Ye.
Microsoft Online Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that
helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post
does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial
to other community members reading the thread.
0
Xun
11/16/2007 8:45:06 AM

Thanks mate for posting valueable clue !

Basically i am trying to develop an application in asp.net and vb.net that will monitor the Web services provided by IIS Server. Basically, i am trying to view the below three services provided by IIS Server:

1. WWW service

2. SMTP service

3. FTP service.

The application that i am trying to develop will monitor the status of these three services provided by IIS Server. This application, that i am developing, will refresh after every 1 minute. So if any how any of the above written services by IIS server fails or gets disable then it will display a message on the screen that this specific service has gone disabled.

 Please give me a hint or refer me to some website or book to get max. help.

Cheers !

Harp.

0
sb_harp
11/17/2007 9:53:21 PM

Hi Xun

 Actually i am trying to develop a small part of my part. As explained under:

I am trying to develop an application in asp.net and vb.net that will check or monitor Web services provided by IIS Server. These are as under

  • WWW  - World Wide Web Publish Service (Provides Web connectivity and administration)
  • FTP   - File Transfer Protocol (Provide connectivity to transfer files to/from the server)
  • SMTP - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (Transfer electronic mail across a network)

 The application will monitor the above protocol 24/7. In the event of failure, the application will alert the Network Administrator through Email.

• The application can be configure to send a summary or detailed Email of the current protocol status with server details and points of failure.

• Secondly, the application will be configurable to also send a failure alert text message to a designated mobile phone number warning of the failure of the any or all of these protocols.

So any clue. I dont know where to start from. Though i am reading couple of books nd consulting websites like MSDN.

Cheers !

Harp.....

0
sb_harp

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Permission problem with access database using vb.net web service
Hi all,I wrote a simple web service that has two public methods. It uses Access database. As long as the codes are accessing the database read only, it is fine. The methods can query data without having any problem. But when it comes to writing some data to database, I get "use an updatable query" error, which means the database is read only. But it is not read only because aspx pages can write data to it without having any problem. The folder and file permissions for database file is correct. When i googled the issue i found out that web services acce...

Wants to access Ms Project's .mpp file from my web application in VB.NET
I have developed web application,which contains TODOList,so i have to display tasks of loged in user.For that i have to fetch the data from MS Project 2000's .mpp file which is already created. i want to access that file Please help me .......... Hi Savitha ,  I am in search of same info , as  i need to integrate my  web based project with microsoft project management tool to do project scheduling from web interface.  Please  inform me if u have any  links or info regd this.  Thanks...

Using .dll's with Visual Studio 2008 Web Developer in VB .net code
I want to move all my class.vb files to .dll's on the server. How could I do this correctly? Would I leave them in the same App_Code folder? If there is any examples that would be helpful. Thanks. move them to a new project set project to output class library.  Reference the new project in your website.    Good Luck So I can make one dll to control all of them?  Example. Say I have a class file logging.errors(byval information as string, byval pathname as string). I can move that to a new project called MainClasses.dll and then I would in my aspx pa...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

.net framework 1.1 web service method returning an empty array when using demeanor's obfuscation tool
We have a .net 1.1 web service that our client code is calling that takes a string as argument and returns an array of a custom class that we have defined. The custom class currently contains only serializable data types (strings).  Calling this method works when the client is unobfuscated. Calling this method returns an array of the correct size but is empty when the caller is obfuscated.  We validated that the web service is returning the correct data from the method call when the client is obfuscated. We have also ensured that the custom class in the proxy is being exclu...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Web resources about - Accessing IIS server's web services using asp.net and vb.net ...... READ INSIDE - asp.net.web-forms