Access control from another control

Tried to adjust the sample here for my own uses...

http://forums.asp.net/779045/ShowPost.aspx

But, doesn't want to cooperate.

I have a dropdown list on a user control (header.ascx), autopostback = true

public string sStyleSheet;

{

sStyleSheet = "includes/Styles.css"; //Allows the user to change style sheets for the site

}

public event EventHandler isClicked;

private void ddlStyles_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

if(ddlStyles.SelectedIndex == 0)

sStyleSheet = "Styles.css";

else if(ddlStyles.SelectedIndex == 1)

sStyleSheet = "Styles2.css";

sStyleSheet = "includes/" + sStyleSheet;

OnIsClicked(sender,e);

}

protected virtual void OnIsClicked(Object sender,EventArgs e)

{

Response.Write("isClicked: " + isClicked); //always comes back null

if(isClicked != null)

{

isClicked(sender, e);

}

}

Then, on another user control (mainNav.ascx), there is this code that it never reaches....

void TestControl_OnIsClicked(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Response.Write(((Control)sender).ID + " was clicked");

}

And if you are curious on changing styles, this is in the html for the header user control....

" type=text/css rel=stylesheet> <link href="<%=sStyleSheet%>" rel=stylesheet type="text/css">

Why is isClicked always coming back null?

Thanks,

Zath

0
Zath

Where are you assigning the handler to isClicked ?

0
UkBtlog
3/21/2006 6:45:38 PM

Guess I'm not.  Maybe that's the problem.

Zath

0
Zath
3/21/2006 7:09:49 PM

Ok, I'm back trying to get this code working right and it still is not.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Zath

0
Zath

How do you access controls within a web user control from another page?
Hi guys/girls. Say for instance you have a web user control with 2 textboxes in it - txtBoxFirstname and txtBoxSurname. I place this web user control on a page. How do I access those controls from that page? Thanks guys this.Findcontrol("UserControlName"); Hi,You can make two properties on the user control that will expose the Text property of the textboxes and then from the page you'll be able to use them.For example in the user control:public string Text1{   get   {       return Textbox1.Text;   }   s...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

how to access controls from another web form (c#)
i have two non related web forms a.aspx and b.aspx.How can i programaticly access controls and functions in  b.aspx.cs  from a.aspx.cs.(c#)  You cant access other webpage control from one page in  ASP.NET era....  What u can do is make use of sessions or views to take value from one page to other...If i am going in wrong direction please elaborate more ur problem.. CheersPushp PushpIf you find this post useful, mark it as an Answer if you are in b.aspx and makes a postback, for example you press a button and are postbacked to a.aspx, than you are able t...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

Web control in web control

Web resources about - Access control from another control - asp.net.web-forms

Home lost after out-of-control grassfire at Edgecombe in central Victoria
One home is lost after a fast-moving grassfire sweeps through Edgecombe in central Victoria..

Apple’s iOS 9.3 preview page hints at possible Control Center toggle to enable Night Shift
... If you head to the iOS 9.3 preview page on Apple Canada’s website , you can see that there’s an option to enable Night Shift from Control Center ...

#TBT: The Time Ad Age Went All-In for Gun Control
"Can there be any doubt anywhere that violence and contempt for law and order are doing their rotten best to tear American society apart? "Can ...

Huemote for Apple Watch controls your Philips Hue lights
If you use a Philips Hue lighting system and own an Apple Watch, then Huemote is a must-have app. What easier way is there to control the brightness, ...

Simple free app alerts you when a program (or hacker) takes control of your webcam
... can take over your webcam without you knowing about it. That's right, malware, hackers or even government agencies like the NSA can take control ...

Cruz control: take a look at his puppet master
Cruz control by digby If you read nothing else today, read this Bloomberg article about Ted Cruz's top benefactor, the certifiably looney tunes ...

Run on Italy's Third Largest Bank? Capital Controls or Bail-Ins Next? Why Take Chances?
... "brilliant" comeback? Not a single fundamental problem with Italy, the ECB, the euro, or Europe in general has been fixed. Capital Controls ...

AlunaGeorge share "I'm In Control" ft. Popcaan
... last year to preview material off the followup to their 2013 debut Body Music, and now the first single is here. It's called "I'm In Control" ...

A guy made a remote control airplane using the fan from an old wall heater
... and old heater in his house when he realized that the blower motor inside of it could work a lot like a jet engine — so he made a remote control ...