2 http posts, one web form?

 Hi,

A general question about http posts.  Can we have one form post to two different places?

I have a page I'd like to post to an asp script that we have online.  Since .net pages can't have more than one set of form tags on them, this page creates an html page "on the fly" and posts IT to our central form-handling asp page, which determines the site it's from, and responds accordingly.

In this new case, I want to render an html page and post it, but I would like to post some of the data to a second different url.

So, the question is, can we make this "on the fly" html page with 2 forms on it (named form 1 and form 2) and send form 1's info to one place, and form 2's info to the other?

Thanks

Dave

0
DavidLee

You can use HttpWebRequest to send http requests to other server.

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://localhost/Default.aspx");
request .Method = "POST";
request .ContentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
request .ContentLength = .....

Here is a tutorial about using HttpWebRequest, it might be useful for you.

my personal blog: http://www.protienshow.com

Please mark the replies with right answer as the answer :)
0
protienshow
3/3/2008 3:45:24 PM

Thank you for the advice.  I'm trying it now, and will update the list shortly.

As it happens, we use httpWebRequest in some applications as well.  Basically in this case, we're trying to add a second post, but with just one form, and one button.

If a person fills in their name, email, comments, etc and hits "send" that gets posted to our central "contact handling" form.

If they also were to have checked a "subscribe to our newsletter" checkbox, we need the normal post to go to our "contact handling" form, and a second post to go to our AWeber.com newsletter subscription form.  We don't want the customers to have to fill in a second form though.  Just choose a checkbox.

Does that help clarify?

 thanks again for helping.

0
DavidLee
3/3/2008 9:17:51 PM

I know what you saying, Cannot you do something like this?

public void btn_Submit_Click(object sender, Eventarg e)
{

   string firstName = txt_FirstName.Text;

   string lastName = txt_LastName.Text;

    bool ifSubscribeNewsletter = chk_Newsletter.Checked;

   // process the post information for central "contact handling" form

   if(ifSubscribeNewsletter)

   {

        HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://localhost/Default.aspx");
        request .Method = "POST";
        request .ContentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
        request .ContentLength = .....

   }

}

my personal blog: http://www.protienshow.com

Please mark the replies with right answer as the answer :)
0
protienshow

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Forms ( Having 2 forms )
Hey programmers. I would like to know how do I handle if a page has 2 forms? It does not allow 2 forms. So how do I overcome this problem ? Because in that page itself, I will have Login and Register together. So there are 2 forms. And if validation occurs. It will not work because it suppose to validate Login and not Registration fields. Thank You. Hey, Create a login user control or custom control that handles logging into the application. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - 2 http posts, one web form? - asp.net.web-forms

Huffington Post Canada - Canadian News Stories, Breaking News, Opinion.
Get the latest Canadian and world news covering politics, business, lifestyle and the viral web. Join the conversation on issues that matter ...

'Be a leader' - Bangkok Post: news
US Secretary of State Clinton (above) meets the Thai foreign minister in Washington and urges Thailand to now assume a greater leadership role ...

Christian News, The Christian Post
Christian news on The Christian Post, the largest Christian newspaper in the world featuring world Christian news, Christian news sites, and ...

CTPost.com - Connecticut Post
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Colorado Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - The Denver Post
Denver and Colorado local breaking news from The Denver Post, including sports, weather, traffic, business, politics, photos, multimedia, Twitter ...

The Fandom Post
Anime, Movies, Comics, Entertainment & More

Hays Post - Hays Kansas News, Opinion, Video
Topic Hays News Kansas News Sports Editor's Choice Police Department Arrest Log Obituaries Cancellations/Delays Entertainment Agriculture Announcements ...

Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post
The destination for news, blogs and original content offering coverage of US politics, entertainment, style, world news, technology and comedy. ...

NYSE Post
Boston, MA, 07/12/2013 (nysepost) - The shares of Apollo Group Incorporation (NASDAQ:APOL), which is the one of the for-profit education company ...

The Post and Courier - Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment
postandcourier.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and ...