'TestApp.GroupRepeater' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'

I created a control that implements templates similar to the Repeater, but whenever I load the page with the control, I get the error:

'TestApp.GroupRepeater' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
GroupRepeater has various(5) templates declared as:
[TemplateContainer(typeof(GroupRepeaterItem))]
public ITemplate HeaderTemplate {
get {return _HeaderTemplate;}
set {_HeaderTemplate = value;}
}
GroupRepeaterItem does implement a public get/set property for DataItem. If I add a DataItem property to GroupRepeater, the page compilation error goes away, but when I bind the data, all of the templates are null. I tried looking at the decomilation of the stock Repeater control using Reflector, to see if I could find out where I was going wrong, but had no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any specific code posted, as I'm not sure what to post really, since it seems to be outside of the realm of the core control code.
Thanks,
Steve
0
ddaemon

I was able to get this figured out. I needed to place ParseChildren(true) attribute on the GroupRepeater class definition. Once this was done, it all started working perfectly.

Steve
0
ddaemon

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'System.Web.HttpRequest' does not contain a definition for 'form'
Hello all. .NET 2.0 newbie here.... What I'm trying to do is learn how to use the LoadVars() in actionscript. Here is the .NET / C#/ html code  1 <form id="form1" runat="server"> 2 <div> 3 <% 4 if (Request.form("userName") == "Cameron") 5 { 6 Response.Write("&aspvar=it is You!"); 7 } 8 else 9 { 10 Response.Write("&aspvar=you are not Cameron&"); 11 } 12 13 %> ...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am recieving this error: 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' What iam trying to do is when a user clicks the hyperlink column in the datagrid then the ID of that user is send to another page and I need to run the Query or something and bind the Label on the page 2 with the name of the Person. So I am using the HTML view and writing something like this : '<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name") %> ' here is my code behind file so how can i bind the Name of the person with the label: private void Page_Lo...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am getting this error does anyone knows how to solve this :DHighOnCodingWanna get high! Show us the code that produces this error. Other than the exactness of the error, which explains what is exactly happening, we can't see why this is happening without seeing your code.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when i...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView' does not contain a definition for 'databind' and no extension method 'databind' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView' could be foun
 Error    1    'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView' does not contain a definition for 'databind' and no extension method 'databind' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) how to solve this Are you using a web applictaion or windows application. If web aplictaion then you should not use 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView'  Try using system.web.ui.control.datagridVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease ma...

'''

'Roles' does not contain a definition for 'GetUsersInRole'
 Dear All, I do not know why it happend to my website suddenly!   I did not have any error now it keeps get errors and do not know any definition for Roles!!!! something like this:  if (Roles.IsUserInRole(theUser, "x")) there is blue underline under 'isUserInRole' ??!!!!   Thanks for your helps in advance, Regards, Salma Happy coding........ Hi sali1982, It's really strange that you suddenly get the problem. I think you first need to check whether you've enabled role in web.config. Also, you need to check whether ...

'double' does not contain a definition for 'Format'
I'm getting an error saying double does not contain a definition for "FORMAT" any ideas... <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> <script language="c#" runat="server"> void Calculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) { int loanPrincipal = Convert.ToInt32(Request.Form["loanPrincipal"]); int loanTaxes = Convert.ToInt32(Request.Form["loanTaxes"]); int loanInsur...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

'SiteMap' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentNode'?
Not sure what happens but I can't access all SiteMap's properties. I'm using Ajax-enabled site and applied a Master Page.  What I'm trying to do is change current node title at run time and I saw some posts: SiteMapNode currentNode = SiteMap.CurrentNode.Clone(true);SiteMapNode tempNode = currentNode; tempNode.Title = "xx";tempNode.Description = "xx"; Thanks in advance, Frank   The following is the error message: Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

Web resources about - 'TestApp.GroupRepeater' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' - asp.net.web-forms