XPath filter/search for xml files

It would be nice to have XPath based filter for big xml documents-I mean xml folding/visible nodes depend on XPath expession in search window.

Thanks.
0
XASD

The XML Forums in MSDN (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=38&SiteID=1) might have the answers your looking for.  May I suggest that you repost and consolidate your request into that forum.  Thanks!

Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

How to send an XML file to a Web Service (that records the XML file to HD)
I did this because I wanted to send an XML file to another computer, whether it be next to the one I’m using  or in another country. You will need to adapt my example in order for it to work as you want it. All I demonstrate here is that it is possible to send an XML file to another computer using XML Web Services. Let me know if it works for you. The code assumes you can use Visual Studio. Make the Web Service 1. Make a new project, choosing to make a Web Service. 2. In the code behind-page, place the code below. 3. Build the Web Service. Code: <WebMethod()>...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Searching data from xml file in vb.net
Hi All, I am new to xml, i want to know how i can search data from xml file based on some condition.I am using VB.net Any suggestions for this new developer What I understood from your statement that you want to search in XML file. We can do that by using xPath. I will suggest you understand what is meant by Well Formed xml and how many different ways that we can parse the XML. You can get all this info in http://www.w3schools.com Then you can start work on your xPath.-Sri-------------------------------------------------If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank ...

Search in xml files using vb.net

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express
I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.Did I get it right?If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?Thanks You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Where is a web based .NET GUI for searching XML data?
Either I obtain an existing one or develope one. I have been searching the web and so far have not found one. Does such a search tool exists for .NET yet? Any links to articles greatly appreciated!Have a Nice Day, - Xtreme Developer this is what you are lookin for >>  http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/xmldataeditor.aspRegards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP www.msdeveloper.info Many thanks for the link... Actually I am looking for a web-based GUI. An ASP.NET search tool solution is perferred but since XML is an open st...

How to bind xml file to GridView base on XPath expression
Hi all, I had an xml file as follow : <Summary>       <BookId>1</BookId>        <BookTitle>Program in C</BookTitle>        <ItemList>       <Item>          <ItemId>01</ItemId>           <Qty>431</Qty>       </Item>        <Item> &nbs...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

VWD 2008 Express keeps adding to my web.config file, why???
Can someone tell me why Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition keeps adding to my web.config file?www.LinkToIslam.net can you tell us what it keeps adding ? mcm A lot of things like:  <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"> <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Cultu...

Web resources about - XPath filter/search for xml files - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Adds On This Day Filters to 2015 Year in Review
... The social network launched its Year in Review feature for 2015, complete with what it described to TechCrunch as “a unique set of filters” ...

Apply color and filter effects before taking photos with Vivv
There are a lot of terrific photo and video editing apps on the App Store. They allow you to apply various color effects and use filters to spruce ...

Sky switches on 'porn filter' by default
... "adult content" by default for all new customers, the company has announced. Sky said the move would result in "much greater use of home filters", ...

Coffee filters can do more than you think - Business Insider
... Tech Finance Politics Strategy Life Sports Video All × From To You have successfully emailed the post. Things you never knew your coffee filters ...

Treat Yo Selfie...To Some Filters
Submitted by: (via theblessedone ) Tagged: positive , selfie , ugly , Cats , hairless Share on Facebook

Amazon adds blue-light filter to Fire tablets for improved nighttime reading
The update also adds new tools to better help parents manage what kids can and can't do on Fire tablets.

HP tackles 'visual hacking' with privacy filters in laptop, tablet screens
HP is putting integrated filters in laptop and tablet displays this year so Peeping Toms can't steal confidential information when surreptitiously ...

Snapchat closes its lens filter store despite decent sales
You probably wouldn't give up hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue a month, but then you're not Snapchat. The social app will close down ...

You Can't Shut Down The Internet, But A New Filter Takes Donald Trump Off Of It
The Chrome extension, its creator says, will "make America great again." Love your Internet but feel hijacked by all the Donald Trump news? ...