vwd express 2008 markup error in Master Page - worked fine in VWD express 2008 Beta -

Hi I was running the VWD 2008 Express version beta and everything worked as I needed it to..Apart from the registration process. I found on a forum it was an error with the program. (I downloaded it then burnt it to a disc) one of the two options. It turns out the way round it is to uninstall the whole package and do a download installation of the latest release. This has resolved the registration issue however every page I open now shows a "Page contains markup that is not valid when attached to master page" The only way round this is to click on the code make a slight change ie press delete then save the page. This allows me to continue working. However when I reopen the pages I see the same error again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas or is it just me???? Thanks
Best Regards
Mark
0
mstubb

What is in the page exactly and what element is flagged as an error?

Mikhail
12/3/2007 3:45:55 AM
Hi there thanks for your prompt reply however I beleive I have sorted it out. Having gone through my code I noticed the aspx pages causing the problems had a link to the stylesheet theme in the top code. <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="login.aspx.vb" Inherits="login" title="Login" StyleSheetTheme="YellowShades" %>

The Master Page also links to these so I am guessing the new software picked it up where as the beta allowed for sloppy coding? Once I removed the StyleSheetTheme="YellowShades" the pages loaded corectly.

Best Regards
Mark
0
mstubb

VWD 2008 Express & SQL Server 2008 Express & Hosting Options
Hey all, go easy on me, this is my first post On my development PC, I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (the free one) along with SQL Server 2008 Express (the free one).  I am building a small scale database application (1 database) and would like to host this on the internet so that others can access it and report back on usability and bugs etc.  It doesn't need to be mega-fast at the moment. I am unsure of what type of hosting to buy, as there are many different options available.  I guess I have the following questions : Is there hosting specific to the...

How do I run a VWD 2005 Express project in VWD 2008 Express?
I am trying to run a site that I am buiding in VWD Express 2005 in VWD Express 2008.  I want to experiment with the new CSS capabilities of 2008. I have done some searched but I am having trouble finding an article on this.   I tried to copy the solution folder in the Projects directory for my instance of VWD 2005 Express and paste it into the same folder in 2008. This didn't work. There was a problem with it. I am guessing that it should be pretty easy to open a project that was built in 2005 in 2008. Can anyone recommend a good article on how to do t...

"Failure to create a user instance"
 On Windows Server 2008 - I installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced.I ported over several Websites from a Windows 2003 Web Server.When I go into the V.W.D. Solution Explorer for a given website, I see the MDF files ported from 2003, but when I go into Database Explorer to work with the data,  I get a Package Load Failure and the database will not connect.  Instead it says, "Failure to create a user instance of SQL Server, due to a failure in starting the process for the use instance. The connection will be closed."And whe...

VWD Express and SQL express 2008
I am trying to create a new project on a newly installed visual web developer express using an SQL connection. I installed VWD with all the options, including SQL express 2008. However, when I try and add the SQL component I get the following message: Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Pelease verify the installation of the component or download from the URL... Very bizarre - any assistance appreciated. Vista X64, Intel Q9300, 8GB RAM  Looks like you are not alone:http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SQL+Server+2008+files+...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Install both vwd express 2005 and wvd express 2008 beta 2 on one machine
Is this possible??? Yes.  I've done it on a number of them. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

VWD 2008 Express Edition or VS 2008 Trial Version for developing client web application?
I am still waiting for the Visual Studios 2008 to be release to non-MSDN subscribers, which will be the end of February. I have a client that need a web application to be implemented. I'm anixous to start learning and using the new tools in Visual Studios 2008. I was wondering, can I use the VWD 2008 Express Edition or Visual Studios 2008 trial version to implement the web application for the client? Or is there a difference between VWD 2008 Express Edition and Visual Studios 2008 trial version to the Visual Studios 2008 Professional Edition? Thanks... You van us...

Moving from VWD Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2008
Hi, I'm now using Visual Studio 2008 for my web development (rather than the free Visual Web Developer Express 2008). How do I import an existing website into Visual Studio 2008?I've tried creating a new website project and then deleting the files that Visual Studio creates and copying in my ASPX files, but when I reload Visual Studio it tells me that it can no longer find the relevant file that Visual Studio must be using to create the project in the first place.So I tried opening my website folder, but I can't, as Visual Studio will only open .sln files (which again...

Problem using SMS express with VWD Express 2008.
Hi guys, Looking for some help please... I have developed a Site using VWD express 2008 and within the site I added a Log-in control and this generated a Database for me called ASPNETDB.MDF, I used this DB with the site Admin feature (Again the auto generated pages!) to add some users so I could test the function of the control. All worked fine :-) Then because I wanted to make some large additions to the DB I used SMS Express to attach to the DB and make the required changes (Add tables etc!). Once finished I detached from the DB in SMS and closed it down then re-opened VWDx an...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Connecting VWD 2008 Express Edition to SQL Server 2008
How to I connect VWD 2008 Express Editin to SQL server 2008?   Sincerely, Computergirl Start with SqlDataSource control http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.sqldatasource.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Videos are here http://www.asp.net/learn/sql-videos/ http://www.asp.net/learn/data-videos/Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

Use VWD 2008 Express to open Windows 2008/IIS7 site
I'm running a DotNetNuke site on a remote ISP.  I've tried to connect to the site with VWD 2008 Express and it reports that the site does not have FrontPage Extensions installed.  ISP reports that FrontPage Extensions are not supported on Windows 2008/IIS7 site.  Is this true?  Can a Windows 2008/IIS7 site not be opened with VWD 2008 Express?  That doesn't seem logical.  Is there some add-in or other configuration I have to specify in order to connect to a Windows 2008 site?  IIS7 has to have IIS6 compatibility layer installed to work with VW...

Web resources about - vwd express 2008 markup error in Master Page - worked fine in VWD express 2008 Beta - - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin express mutual admiration - Videos - CBS News
There's a "bromance" brewing between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Russian leader called Trump “bright and talented” ...

Express Scripts partners with drug company to produce $1 version of Daraprim
Patients suffering from a rare parasitic disease will soon have a low-price alternative to Daraprim, the lifesaving drug sold by Turing Pharmaceuticals ...

Express Scripts To Offer $1 Version Of Drug That Skyrocketed To $750/Pill Overnight
... of Daraprim skyrocketed to around $750/pill, resulting in angry doctors , and a Senate investigation . Today, pharmacy benefits giant Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

Consumers Express Interest in IoT, Concerns Over Privacy
Nearly one-third of those that browse shopping websites make an online purchase using their mobile phone, the survey found.

Martin Shkreli Questioned By Express Scripts' Chief Medical Officer
During his Q&A at the Forbes Healthcare Summit, Martin Shkreli shared an exchange with the Chief Medical Officer of Express Scripts.