VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008

Hi,

I just download Visual Web Developer 2008 and little use it. Can anyone inform me what is the major difference b/w VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008, I am asking only on the ASP.NET point of view. Can some one also guide me If I use Visual Studio 2008 so what major extra benefit I can take as compare to using VWD 2008. Please give me some practical example.

Thanks in advance.

0
Einstein_Lover

Difference

VS 2005

Target Framework 2.0

AJAX - To be installed separately by installing AJAX Extensions

JavaScript Intellisense -limited

JavaScript debugging - limited

VWD 2008

Target Framework 2.0-3.5

AJAX In built

 JavaScript Intellisense - yes

JavaScript Debugging - yes

Also VS 2008 supports Linq which is not present in VS2005

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
3/14/2009 5:48:09 AM
Hi medasarkhan

Visual Web Developer 2008 is a free product and we can download free but Visual Studio 2008 is a license product and we required to purchase.

Can you inform me if we compare Visual Web Developer 2008 with Visual Studio 2008 only in the ASP.NET point of view what is the advantage of using VS 2008.

Einstein_Lover
3/14/2009 8:20:19 AM

Einstein_Lover:
Hi medasarkhan Visual Web Developer 2008 is a free product and we can download free but Visual Studio 2008 is a license product and we required to purchase. Can you inform me if we compare Visual Web Developer 2008 with Visual Studio 2008 only in the ASP.NET point of view what is the advantage of using VS 2008. Thanks

Refer here

http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/12/20/expression-vs-visual-studio-and-visual-web-developer.aspx

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
3/14/2009 8:38:44 AM

 Hi mudasarkhan, I red the article but it describing difference b/w Expression V/s VS & VWD. This article not give any understanding as what is the advantage of using VS.NET 2008 as compare to VWD 2008. Thanks

0
Einstein_Lover
3/15/2009 5:10:39 AM

Einstein_Lover:

 Hi mudasarkhan, I red the article but it describing difference b/w Expression V/s VS & VWD. This article not give any understanding as what is the advantage of using VS.NET 2008 as compare to VWD 2008. Thanks

Here there is a good discusion

 http://bytes.com/groups/net-asp/707360-visual-studio-vs-visual-web-developer

plus an overall difference is here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan

VS.NET 2008 next to VS.NET 2005
I have VS.NET 2005 on my PC and want to test VS.NET 2008 Beta 2. Can I install it next to VS.NET 2005?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".  Yes you can have both VS 2008 and VS 2005 on your same machine.  Please note installing the dot net framework 3.5 will install service pack 1 for .net framework 2.0 and 3.0.   http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/07/vs2008-installation-experience.htmlSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Does the installation give ...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

VS.NET 2002 not with VS.NET 2005 Express Edition
Hi! I installed the VS.NET 2005 Express Edition, on VS.NET 2002 machine and my VS.NET 2002 is stop working, unable to recognize the projects, start compiling the VS.NET 2002 projects first in .NET 2.0 then it wont' recognize a bit. Take Care, MudassirMudassir AzeemiSan Francisco, CAWeb: http://www.BonGeek.comBlog: http://blog.BonGeek.com If you're talking about Web Applications, this is because VWD has set IIS to use the 2.0 Framework by default (which it sounds like you know). You can set the framework default with the command "aspnet_regiis -i -enable" - run it from th...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

.NET 2008 compatiblity with .NET 2005
Hi All  I ahve a web based application developed using VS.NET 2005, i would like to open the application using VS.NET 2008. Id it possible, if yes please provide me with the detailed steps..  Thanks in advance.RegardsSatheesh Kumar K Khttp://www.quesbank.com absolutely possible... Just FILE-OPEN, that's all.......it will convert for you. Hi Satheesh,VS2008 targets multiple .NET frameworks for the first time - this means you can open up your .net 2 website as well as 3.5. It will prompt you to convert the project and should work without any issues. I've opened up al...

How to upgrade .net 2.0 to .net 3.5 in vs 2008
Hi, I did not upgrade .net2.0 to .net 3.5 when I first open vs 2008. but, I now want to upgrade it to 3.5. can someone tell me how to do it in vs 2008? where can open the wizard window again to upgrade?thanks. Xiuxian      Hi, All you have to do is open the .sln or project file of VS 2005 in VS2008. File > Open > Solution. The VS 2008 Conversion Wizard will ask you to upgrade. HTH,Suprotim Agarwal  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips I would imagine you could just in...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

Web resources about - VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008 - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express