Visual Web Developer 2008 SP1 Express crashes

The software crashes when a key is pressed in design mode while changing text within a div tag.

I get no specific error, it just stops and then restarts. That sucks!

Just a regular dude that needs help every once in a while :)
0
Fire_Smasher

First, do you have service pack installed? Next, is it happening in an empty page or in some specific page? if it crashes in a simple page, most probably it is a setup issue with some DLL mismatch. If crash is in a specific page, submitting crash dump as described here may help us to investigate the problem http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/09/08/what-to-do-when-vwd-crashes-or-hangs-on-you.aspx

Mikhail
9/13/2008 1:07:22 AM

Ok, I found that there was a missing </span>  tag. Once I corrected the html markup with the missing end tag, it quit crashing.

Seems to me that the software shouldn't crash because of a missing end tag in the html.

Just a regular dude that needs help every once in a while :)
0
Fire_Smasher
9/15/2008 2:01:14 AM

It totally shouldn't. Can we have a copy of the page that causes crashing so we can debug the case at least in VS.Next?

Mikhail

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

Visual Web Developer Express 2008 SP1 is available
Information on Web development updates: http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/08/11/web-development-updates-in-visual-studio-2008-sp1.aspx MSDN downloads: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx?PV=18:100:ALL:en:ALL Express editions http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/#webInstall VS 2008 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=enThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

Importing web parts from sharepoint services 3.0 to visual web developer express 2008
I need to know If there is a way to import the list web parts from a sharepoint server that we have onsite (running WSS 3.0) to another website not associated with sharepoint but on the same server. Im very new to sharepoint and these forums. I have worked with visual web developer 2008 express for a while now. I am pretty good with asp.net programming and i do have a copy of microsoft office sharepoint designer 2007. Can anyone elaborate on this situation....

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Web resources about - Visual Web Developer 2008 SP1 Express crashes - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Facebook, Developers Quietly Beefing Up Messenger
... is well on its way to becoming much more than just a messaging app. Josh Constine of TechCrunch reported that a select group of developers ...

Safari gets developer-focused tune-up in iOS 9.3, OS X 10.11.4
... features like the new Night Shift mode stole the spotlight during Monday's surprise preview of Apple's next iOS release, but web developers ...

Rockstar North boss leaves Grand Theft Auto developer after 17 years
Leslie Benzies, boss of the Edinburgh-based Rockstar North studio behind the development of the Grand Theft Auto series, has left Rockstar Games. ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install Apple's new beta software on your iPhone without paying $99 for a developer ...

2016 Game Developers Choice Awards Nominees Revealed; Very Few Surprises
This year\'s award nominees include the usual suspects; some nominees however did surprise us. Nominees for the 2016 Game Developers Choice Awards ...

Developers love this startup with a funny name — and it just raised another $63 million
... in different categories. In less than 6 years since launching, App Annie has practically become the de facto analytics tool for app developers, ...

Apple iOS 9.2.1 public beta 2 now ready for developers and beta testers
Apple seems to be working around the clock to put out a newer build of its latest iOS to millions of its users. In fact, development of a newly ...

Offshore Wind Developers Convinced Of UK Government Support
Offshore wind energy developers DONG Energy and Vattenfall are both “optimistic” that the UK Government will back offshore wind farms. According ...