Visual Web Developer 2008 Beta 2: "The following component failed to install"

Microsoft Web Designer Tools, VWD 2008 and MSDN Library are not installed. The installation of .NET 3.5 Beta 2 seems to be ok. OS: Windows XP SP 2

The installation of the Microsoft Web Designer Tools fails, VWD and MSDN were not attempted.

Thank you for your help.

ttklf4 on Twitter
0
SKT_01

If you look into your user TEMP folder, you will find setup log files there. They are text files named like dd_xxxxxxx.txt. Try opening them and searching for 'Web Designer Tools'. You'll find acual error code that may help to identify the issue. You may have some Office Beta components installed. XPS/PDF writer may be the issue - look into Control Panel and make sure there is no other Microsoft Beta software is installed.

Mikhail
9/12/2007 2:56:38 PM

Thank you very much for your help, Mikhail. I tried all the steps you suggested but it is not possible to install VWD 2008 Beta 2 on my computer.

ttklf4 on Twitter
0
SKT_01
9/22/2007 5:08:58 PM

Can you e-mail setup log files to mikhaila-at-microsoft-dot-com ?

Mikhail

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

"tab order" in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
 Does anyone know how to set the tab order in visual "web" developer 2008 express...  In 2005 Pro you could just click on "View -> Tab Order" and then click the order of the tabs but it obviously isn't the same in 2008 Express...  The View->Tab Order is only available for Windows project templates, not Web project templates, so VWD doesn't have that option. Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider  so how do I set the tab order...  Can't I at least do it in the source code?  If so how would I do that?   say I have tw...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
When I use a hyperlink on a webform I get an error in the Designview tab: Error in designtab:   code in sourcetab: </td> Your images are not visible in my browser....what the error message says?Joydeep SenDotnet DeveloperDont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers I try to copy and paste the screenshots here but that isn't working. code in source-tab: <td class="style12"><asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1...

Does anyone know a good "Quick Quiz Builder" for free that would work in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express?
Quick Quiz Builder do u check thiese engine ? http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-04.aspxtotal series :http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/ Sagnik Mukherjee,Thanks. Not that sort of thing. The Quick Quiz Builder are like sort of games that you basically just have to change the wording, just as an add on to the site. I was just wondering for compatibilities with the VWD.  Have a look at:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/xmlquiz.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/IntegratedQuiz.aspxhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Quiz_CShapDotNETSecrets.aspxhttp://www.code...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

No "Publish Website" in Web Developer 2008 Express
I just made my first website with one asp webform page (an emailed form) and one plain html page and am not able to compile it and publish it to the remote server.  Is it just me (I'm a complete newbie at this and stumbling along) or does microsoft actually make you buy the full version to do this?  I mean, why allow one to make an asp site and then not be able to compile it? VWD Express does not have the Publish Website Tool. To publish your website in VWD you would use Copy Web Site under 'Website' in the main menu. With your site open in VWD, click Website>...

Visual Web Developer Express 2008 Fails on Install
Any ideas on this software install fault ?? I have copied the iso file to a dvd so am installing from a dvd....all the other programmes installed correctly....ie VB and C etc but when it comes to installing VWD it start the file copy to a temp directory then hangs on installing the Microsoft Visual Web Authoring Component.....with about a quarter of the progress bar displayed when it hangs...if left for ages about 20 minutes...a pop up is displayed   Microsoft  Visual C++ Runtime Libraryruntime errorProgram c:\(temp file)\setup.exe I have looked through all the other posts and ...

Visual web developer 2008
Hey guys, I have a question about something that I'm finding pretty annoying in Visual Web Developer 2008 (Express) and I hope that I'm just a newb and am not seeing an easy way to do this.I work exclusively in "Source" view and I drag and drop asp controls at will and adjust the properties fairly easily using the property window while in this view, however, when I'm in source view and I have an asp control selected, I don't get the option to look at "events" in the properties screen. Whenever I need to generate an even or see what events are available to ...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

"visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server"
I get this message when I try to create a web site using VS2005 using HTTP, not the file system. "visual web developer does not support creating web sites on a Sharepoint Web Server". Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks Added info for the above post:I am running Windows XP locally and simply am trying to create a web site in VS2005 using HTTP.  I am not using Visual Web Developer, nor do I have it installed on my machine.The error message mentions Visual Web Developer, so I wanted to clarify that I'm running VS2005 and not VWD.Thanks This is the third report I've s...

Web resources about - Visual Web Developer 2008 Beta 2: "The following component failed to install" - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express