Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template

Hi All,

I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated

Maharaj

SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise you might have to do a repair on sp1

Silverlight-help
Vb Tips
Space Coast .Net User Group
0
Ken
8/4/2008 9:56:33 AM

Hi Ken,

Thanksfor the reply. I tried to use your solution but the only problem is for the VS 2008 Express edition there is no devenv.exe but individual executables for the web development. or win app. I have completely uninstalled the environment & reinstalled but still cannot see the option.

Maharaj

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 SP1 but there is no MVC Project template
I upgraded Visual Web Developer Express 2008 to Visual Web Developer Express 2008 Service Pack 1 but could not find MVC Project template. Do I need to download and install ASP.net MVC  framework separately? Hi there, you will need to download it serperatly. Incase of not knowing where to find it, here are the links: http://www.asp.net/mvc/ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=92F2A8F0-9243-4697-8F9A-FCF6BC9F66AB&displaylang=en thanks  sharp guy Thanks...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

Upgrading from Frontpage 2003 : Expression web or Visual developer 2008: I need dynamic web templates
Hi All  When I realised I needed to use newer technologies I downloaded visual developer 2008. Now for a dynamic site with just pages, I was okay But, now I am upgrading a site with more pages and I see that I can't find references to dynamic web templates, I looked at the process for importing into a visual developer 2008 application project and decided that wasn't for me.   I recently found out about expression web, and it appears to have dynamic web templates and sounds a lot like frontpage.  I've enjoyed visual developers superior code assistance, I...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005
Can some body guide on how to migrate existing application build on Vweb dev Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2005.   Thank you     I don't think there's a general way to do this; it all depends on if you are using .NET 3.5 stuff. Why would you want to go backward?  BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine I am using. Net 3.5. Express was a free version but my company has 2005 license, that's the way i am taking...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

Importing web parts from sharepoint services 3.0 to visual web developer express 2008
I need to know If there is a way to import the list web parts from a sharepoint server that we have onsite (running WSS 3.0) to another website not associated with sharepoint but on the same server. Im very new to sharepoint and these forums. I have worked with visual web developer 2008 express for a while now. I am pretty good with asp.net programming and i do have a copy of microsoft office sharepoint designer 2007. Can anyone elaborate on this situation....

Web resources about - Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...