Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template

Hi All,
I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated
Maharaj
8/4/2008 1:03:10 AM
πŸ“ asp.net.web-dev-2008-express
πŸ“ƒ 1205 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

πŸ’¬ 2 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 4343 Views

SP1 is compatible with vista.Β  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise you might have to do a repair on sp1

Silverlight-help
Vb Tips
Space Coast .Net User Group
0
Ken
8/4/2008 9:56:33 AM

Hi Ken,
Thanksfor the reply. I tried to use your solution but the only problem is for the VS 2008 Express edition there is no devenv.exe but individual executables for the web development. or win app. I have completely uninstalled the environment & reinstalled but still cannot see the option.
Β Thanks
0
Maharaj