VB code dosn't recognize the names of my controls

I am having problems with the dreaded blue squiggly lines in my VB code. All of the names of my controls have been underlined. I have double checked spelling, checked to see if the names (ID) in web developer, were written in the source code (they were)but I can't seem to get them to be acknowledged in my code behind page. Any ideas what happening here.
0
tutite_Stardust

Upgrading vb.net 2003 to vb.net 2008 the name '__o' is not declared
Hi I had an application in vb.net 2003. I chose to upgrade it to vb.net 2008. Now I have 153 errors telling me that the name '__o' is not declared. In one page where I get this error, It's on a <tr> statement. I searched in google and I saw that we could put <%=""%> at the beginning of the page, but I still have the error message. Any idea? Hi myriam_giroux,I think you need to be more specific information. When you are receiving errors during compilation in Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer, the Error list window will indicate the line in the sour...

ReportViewer MS Visual Web Dev 2008 Express doesn't work
Hi Just trying to get my had around reportviewer in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 .   I ran RepportViewer.exe redisbution for 2008 on the server but and I cannot see ReportViewer in toolbox under Data in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 installed on the server . So I decided to do it manually but I'm still having an error "Error creating control failed to create designer ..."   I added in web.config that: <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" /> <add assembly="Microsoft...

Using .dll's with Visual Studio 2008 Web Developer in VB .net code
I want to move all my class.vb files to .dll's on the server. How could I do this correctly? Would I leave them in the same App_Code folder? If there is any examples that would be helpful. Thanks. move them to a new project set project to output class library.  Reference the new project in your website.    Good Luck So I can make one dll to control all of them?  Example. Say I have a class file logging.errors(byval information as string, byval pathname as string). I can move that to a new project called MainClasses.dll and then I would in my aspx pa...

Program doesn't stop in debugmode on breakpoint (V Web Dev 2008 Express)
Goodday to you all,  When I set a breakpoint in my source- and/or codewindow (image is an example):   The program doesn't stop excecution at that point (of-course there's no yellow arrow shown in the red dot while the program isn't on hold) These are my debugsettings (Via Tools->Options): Any sugestions on this ?Thanks in advance,Ben Is it possible that the line with the breakpoint is never executing?Steve Wellens My blog Yes, I figured that out. When I insert something like this on line 21 MsgBox("Here I am", MsgBoxStyle.Informat...

Web custom Control - can't acces image url in Resources folder
 I'm working on a custom web server control that is suppose to give information on a doctor.  The final goal is to place the control in a hover extender panel, so when you hover over the doctor picture, this control pops up, and play a recording of there voice introducing themself. I'll get to the sound part this weekend.So far, it seems that all of the references I search are examples for aspx pages. The line in bold are confusing me.This is a class dll project named teamRoster Right now, I'm trying to access a image in the resource folder called BalloonPointer1.g...

Drop a new label (web control) onto the page but can't reference in the code behind (VB)
It happens a couple of times a day. Nothing unusual, its a web control and I've checked the runat server. It's not restricted to labels, seems to happen at random. I've tried deleting it and creating again, moving it to other parts of the page but the only thing that works is to close down VS and reload the website. I've double checked the ID and there's no reference to it in the intellisense list. Is there a simple reason for this?...

after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 doesn't connect to SQL Server 2008 Express
 Hey everyone. I'm once again having trouble with my install of Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on my Vista Home Premium notebook.  VWD 2008 can't seem to connect to my databases in SQL Server 2008. I use the Connect to Database feature in the Tools menu and select Microsoft SQL Server. When I get to the Add Connection window I hit refresh next to the Server name drop-down but nothing shows up. I'm completely baffled by this. What do you think is the cause of this? What are the steps i need to take to resolve this i...

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net
Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess; ServiceController controller = new ServiceController(); controller.MachineName = "."; controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL"; string status = controller.Status.ToString(); // Stop the service controller.Stop(); // Start the ...

VS Web Dev Express Ed. Can't run a simple Hello World Web Site. I need help on fixing this error.
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I posted on a right topic but I'm new to Visual Studio and want to learn to use Visual Studio Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.  Please correct me and direct me to where I should ask for help regarding these matters.I was just trying to simply make a 'Hello World' Website .. Just THAT on my website. A simple Website for me to start learning. Just showing those text on the website. But when I tried to run (debug) the program. This error shows on my browser both on firefox and explorer8... 'Firefox can't establish a connection...

I can't convert this code (C# to VB.NET)
Hey guys,How can I convert this xxx.cs code to xxx.vb and put it into my own ASP.NET website project? using System;namespace MyeShop{    public enum MyStatus : byte    {          MerchantNotLogin = 200,        ExceptionRaised = 300,        DatabaseError = 400,    }} ThX Aminhttp://360.yahoo.com/amins2shttp://www.aminsadeghi.com so many link you can use here http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/utilities/convertcsharptovb.aspx http://www....

Why Can't Code Behind File 'See' Control
Using ASP.NET, VS 2005, AJAX web application - I am trying to get a file upload demo to run.  Most problems seem to be worked out, but the code-behind file cannot see the controls on the aspx page.  One of the errors is -  'FileUpload._Default' does not contain a definition for 'lblTime'   -But the control is clearly there.  In the HTML, it's:  <form id="form1" target="_self" runat="server">    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" EnablePartialRendering="true&quo...

Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1
From MSDN: "This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466)." http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerControls/WebControls/default.asp Works just fine for me. And Microsoft uses it with Content Management Server 2002 on Windows 2003...... I've had no problems with the IE Web Controls on 1.1 whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I have them running on a 8-node web farm. VladTheImpaler, MSDN contains outdated data (readme January 22, 2003). If that was...

can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET. The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color is gray and I can't use them to design. What's the problem? Please do not post messages twice. view post 372891DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Web resources about - VB code dosn't recognize the names of my controls - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express