Unable to view in design mode

I have created a site using VWD.  Once I was finished - I uploaded the site and everything was fine - so I thought!  When I reopened my pages to do some editing, I was unable to see the design.  I could see the source and know that the info is there - but when I view in design, all I see is the Masterpage template.  What is going on?  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

0
edwards53225

Visual Web Developer Express 2008 Freezes in Design View
When I connect to my web site it comes up find in Source View.  However when I switch to Design view, the text comes up but images take forever to render and actually I have never waited longer than 5 minutes to see if they ever do.  At this point Web Developer is basically locked up.  It won't let me cancel or close.  I have to click CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the program.  I have downloaded and installed the Performance Hot Fix KB946581 and this did not help any.  I have a fast internet connection and am using a well known web host.  I can connect quickly ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express freezes when I switch to design view.
When I try to switch to design view of any form, aspx, or html, the entire program freezes and I heave to end task. It also freezes if I click Tools, Options, HTML Designer, CSS Styling. Any help would be appreciated.Phil Hopper I have the same problem.  When it freezes, I notice that its using upwards of 200MB of memory in the task list.  The only way I can get out of it is to end task on it.  I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Professional. Doesn't anyone at Microsoft test this stuff?Mark this post as the "Answer" if it was the answer. This information may...

Making multiple selections in Design view in Visual Web developer 2008 Express
In the Design view, when laying out item in "absolute" positioning mode... there's this nice layout tool bar that has various alighment widgets. However, for the life of me I can't figure out how to select multiple objects. Example, I want to left align 3 buttons. But I can't select them. I realize there are other ways to do this... but since the Alignment widgets exist and since absolute positioning exists... there must be a way to select multiple objects.  Thanks for any help Keep on pressing CTRL or SHIFT key and then click on objects to be selected one by on...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

VWD 2008 express bug? cannot display aspx in design mode and split mode
I've installed VWD2008 Express on two machines. The aspx page cannot be switched to Design or Split mode. After clicking Design, the page just don't render. The display area will show whatever other windows' remaining content if it's covered. Clicking Split doesn't do anything. Source View works fine. The application is not hang. I can still close the tab and reopen it in Source mode.However, another installation works fine.(Both PC are Win XP SP2. This problem machine has Symantec Firewall, Norton Ant-virus installed. They have different display card.)I tried to r...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Web User Control design view doesn't render in designer once any source editing is done
 Not sure if anyone has a work-around or fix for this one. In pretty much any web user control I design in VS2008, once I edit anything in the source view, the designer goes blank.A few observations that may or may not help:1. If I cut the code from the source view and paste it in the design view, it works ... until I edit the source directly agan2. When the designer goes blank, if any items are added to the designer, it appends the new code at the end of the exiting code in the source view. I'm running VS 2008, .net 3.5, Vista 64-bit. This is getting to be a pain, so...

Unable to view .net web page
An error occurred during the processing of /profdev/training1/MainMenu.aspx. The attribute 'autoeventwireup' is not allowed in this page. I am encountering the above error while attempting to view my .net web page.  Does anyone have any ideas?   Thanx, Wayne The most common scenario is that the directory it's running from is either configured with the wrong version of ASP.NET as it's application framework, or it's not configured as a virtual directory, which makes it kind of hit or miss as to wheteher it will serve pages based on the parent directorys sett...

Visual Web Developer Express vs Microsoft Expression Web Designer
I would like to know what are the differences between VWD Express and Expression Web Designer ?I have played with both and they seem very similar, is there a comparison chart available or does anyone have any thoughts on this ? There are huge differences. Expression is Designer-oriented too and has more advanced page layout and CSS tools, but does not include compilers, debugger and does not provide code intellisense. VWD and Visual Studio are developer-oriented tools, they provide advanced tools for those who are primarily writing code. Markup and script intellisense are approximatel...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

unable to view inserted images in design mode
i am unable to view inserted images in design mode.  is this due to some error during installation (though i did not show any errors during the installation process)?  how can this be fixed? Can you post your code?  Are your images in the same directory level?If everything happens for a reason what is the reason for this error? Untitled PagFollowing is the code...and yes, the images are in the same directory level as the html page itself. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/T...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Web resources about - Unable to view in design mode - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Apple TV apps can now support Facebook login w/ the company’s new tvOS SDK
Facebook today has unveiled its own SDK for the new Apple TV’s tvOS. In a blog post on its Developers site , Facebook says that using the Facebook ...

Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
By Roberta Rampton and Kylie Gumpert WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - President Barack Obama sought to reassure Americans they were safe as millions ...

F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes on Training Mission; Pilot Safe
F-16 fighter jet from Arizona base crashes on New Mexico training mission; pilot safely ejects

No Thanksgiving parade for the Estefans _ they're too busy
NEW YORK (AP) — Songs from the new musical celebrating the lives of Gloria and Emilio Estefan will have the honor of kicking off the Macy's Thanksgiving ...

A livestreamed attempt to build the world’s largest Rubik’s Cube did not end well
Some people have very specific passions – take, for example, the folks at Coren Puzzle who are super into all things cubic. Browse its catalogue ...

'Nowhere To Go': Eagles of Death Metal Band Recalls Bataclan Attack
NBCNews.com 'Nowhere To Go': Eagles of Death Metal Band Recalls Bataclan Attack NBCNews.com California rock band Eagles of Death Metal were ...

Watch Seth Meyers (Nicely!) Hand Sarah Palin Her Ass
On Late Night with Seth Meyer s, the host welcomed guest Sarah Palin —I guess no one else was available?—and (very nicely) took her to task regarding ...

ISIS claims bomb attack on Tunisian presidential guard that killed 12
CNN ISIS claims bomb attack on Tunisian presidential guard that killed 12 CNN The aftermath of a bus explosion that left several people dead ...

New York City bus driver hospitalized after passenger fires laser
After a number of reported laser strikes against airline and, even more recently, ferry pilots , apparently awful people are now firing the handheld ...

Multiple Members of the U.S. Military Suspended Over Airstrike on Doctors Without Borders Hospital in ...
Several soldiers and airman have been removed from duty, the Associated Press reports , after making preventable errors and violating U.S. rules ...