Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'.

AJAX!!!

i have dropped the ajax control toolkit and added lots of time again then i got this as a warning.

Plz Help.

Yamani

0
Abdirizak

 Visual Studio always create a file name "control.refresh" when we drop a control. And then it is trying to replace dll files placed in bin folder with the source file whose path is mentioned in control.refresh file. Now if your orignal place from where you have dropped AjaxControlToolkit is no more exist, then you will get this error. To solve this, just update your "bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll.refresh" with below mentioned value

bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll

Thanks

TimeLive ASP.Net timesheet
---------------------------
ASP.Net Web Timesheet software with source code (Just US$ 300 for unlimited users)
0
LiveTecs

Warning: Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'microsoft.web.atlas.dll'
We are 2 developers working on a web application and we started to use ASP.Net Ajax (Atlas). We added the the toolkit and asp.net ajax to the toolbox in visual studio 2005 and we added the 2 dlls to our bin directory in the project. Everytime we move the project from one machine to the other we recieve the  following warningsWarning: Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'microsoft.web.atlas.dll'. Can not find assembly 'D:\ZPrograms3\DotNetFrameworkEnhancements\AspNetAjax (Atlas)\AtlasControlToolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin\Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll'.Warning: Unable to update a...

I am getting an "Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'" error.
I have created a Ajax Control Toolkit in my tool box of VS.  I then selected add item and navigated and selected  'C:\Documents and Settings\rlc\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\downloads\SampleWebSite\Bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll'.  When I try and use on of the controls Like TextboxWaterMark. I have no trouble adding it to the page. But it does not add the extra information to the properties so I can adjust the settings. And if I try and run the project I get the following error: Warning 1 Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontrolt...

Unable to get auto-refresh path for reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'.
When I compile, I get the above warning.  Any ideas what's causing it?   I still haven't been able to resolve this error - does anyone have any advice on how I should go about troubleshooting it?  Thanks! 10 months later...I ran into this same problem and this thread was one of the results of my search.  In case it helps anyone else, here is one fix:Delete the name.dll.refresh file in your Bin folder of your web site.  The dll will no longer self update, so be aware of that if you load a newer version on your system.  If that is not a concern, deleting the ...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

Unable to update auto-refresh 'ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll'
Hi Friends I am getting warning.  Warning 1 Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll'. Can not find assembly 'c:\Documents and Settings\manolis\Desktop\TrueGreeceLatest\Dlls\AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll'. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\VakakisApp\Bin\ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll.refresh http://localhost/VakakisApp/   I really dont have any idea why i am getting this. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks Menon  Hi Menon,Are you talking about the AjaxControlToolkit.dll? Select your dll in the bin fo...

''''''''''''''''''''

Sporadic 'Invalid length for a Base-64 char array', 'Invalid character in a Base-64 string' & 'Unable to validate data' errors on Windows 2008 Server (web garden)
Hello,We are running a fast growing social networking site written in ASP.NET and have recently updated our web server from Windows 2003 to 2008 version. With that move we started to see a large amount of certain errors to come in on number of pages. The errors are described on the very bottom of my post. At this point we have only one server running IIS7 running a web garden of 4 worker processes. They recycle once a day, at night. The site is using a StateServer running on the local box with the following setting in the web.config file:<sessionState mode="StateServer" stateCon...

'''''

Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET"
Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET",and i can n't find the file "System.web.UI.dll" from the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework",so anyone can help me solve it thanks there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies... System.Web.UI is namespace, not an assembly. Add "System.Web.dll" and that will include System.Web.UI.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Is your project a web project? To me, it looks like missing system.web.dll in your reference I think you need to reference system.web in the References...

'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
In my aspx page, I have the following snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>     public System.Drawing.Image Test()    {      ...    }  I keep getting the 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image' error in my Test function (which returns an Image). How do I fix this? Right which is possible; use the full...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Auto Changing of '\\' to '\'
I am executing the following commands against an Adaptive Server 7 database (I have tried in both PowerBuilder and ISQL): UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" = '\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ; select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ; When I receive the results from the update command the document_name field contains the value '\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc'...

Do I have to register my dll before use in a VWD web app? (Unable to load DLL 'scanSW.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) error)
I think I'm having a trivial problem.  I'm sure it will be trivial once I know the answer. I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 to write a web application which will hopefully communicate with an external usb device.  The manufacturer of the usb device provided a dll with an Excel workbook and VBA code which performs all the tasks that I need in the web application.  This is not unfamiliar territory for me.  A few months ago I had the same dilemma with a separate external usb device from a different manufacturer who also provided a dll with an Excel workbook a...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection'.
Hello, I get this lovely error whenever I attempt to load an AJAXToolKit ScriptManager. It is the only one I have on the page. If I use the regulare script manager, my extenders don't detect it. I'm placing the ScriptManager just after the <Form> tag. The frustrating part is that it works when I preview it in the browser from my development machine it works, but once I place it the live server, it crashes on me . I've installed all of the .dlls in the proper places. Also, I'm trying to attempt to do this when creating a new site with the AJAX ToolKit enabled templat...

Web resources about - Unable to update auto-refresh reference 'ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll'. - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express