tabstrip

hi! :)

is there a tabstrip control in visual studio 2008? that when you click the tab, it directs you to another link/page? if so, how can i add that tabstrip control? i can't find it in the tolbox. i'm using asp.net and the language is visual basic.

0
superboink

 For using the tab strip control you have to first add the ajax dll in your project for further reference

download from

http://www.asp.net/ajax/downloads/

if u want to known about tab strip control

plz visit the below link

http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tutorials.aspx?id=28

or after download the ajax control tool kit itself will give you a tutorials.

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

Ramkumar

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express
I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.Did I get it right?If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?Thanks You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

MVC Preview 3 and Web Dev Express 2008 SP1 Beta
When trying to run a new mvc web application, the default project fails to start up.  A BadImageFormatException is throw with the message BAD IL Range.   Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it? Do you get this error if you build the project first? Is the project language VB? We have seen this error before and are currently looking at the cause of it. It is related to the fact that a view page must be built for it to correctly inherit from MVC.ViewPage. The language is VB.  And Building the project before attempting to run it did fix the problem. Thanks (can&#...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

ReportViewer MS Visual Web Dev 2008 Express doesn't work
Hi Just trying to get my had around reportviewer in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 .   I ran RepportViewer.exe redisbution for 2008 on the server but and I cannot see ReportViewer in toolbox under Data in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 installed on the server . So I decided to do it manually but I'm still having an error "Error creating control failed to create designer ..."   I added in web.config that: <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" /> <add assembly="Microsoft...

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

Program doesn't stop in debugmode on breakpoint (V Web Dev 2008 Express)
Goodday to you all,  When I set a breakpoint in my source- and/or codewindow (image is an example):   The program doesn't stop excecution at that point (of-course there's no yellow arrow shown in the red dot while the program isn't on hold) These are my debugsettings (Via Tools->Options): Any sugestions on this ?Thanks in advance,Ben Is it possible that the line with the breakpoint is never executing?Steve Wellens My blog Yes, I figured that out. When I insert something like this on line 21 MsgBox("Here I am", MsgBoxStyle.Informat...

Web Matrix vs Vis Web Dev 2005 Express
Hi - i'm looking to upsize MS Access DBs to SQL Server and also migrate to web vs LAN- Yesterday downloaded SQL Server 2005 express and Vis web Debveloper Express as learning tools (haven't yet installed) Today ran across Web Matrix - which appears to be for earlier versions of .Net Are Matrix and Web Developer express similar? Can someone fill me in - which should i be learning? thanks  Just to make sure you're clear, Web Matrix is for ASP.NET 1.1 and VWD is for ASP.NET 2.0.While Web Matrix met a need, Visual Web Developer is by far the superior tool.  If you have the op...

Web resources about - tabstrip - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Visual Basic for Applications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic for Applications ( VBA ) is an implementation of Microsoft 's event-driven programming language Visual Basic 6 and its associated ...

Beta Channel Update
In Dev, I have enabled flag "Compact Navigation :Adds a "Hide the toolbar entry to the tabstrip's context menu. Use this to toggle between always ...

A small change to tab ordering coming soon to trunk
The goal is to have tabs that are related – in terms of the user’s interaction – grouped together on the tab strip automatically. This supports ...

Contact - My Telerik MVC Application
BruceGibson.com Home About Contact Contact. -contact- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC TabStrip Phone Email Address Main: 919.XXX.ABCD Support: Support@example.com ...

Telerik, moving to Kendo
... bite anything else. In action Using this layout both suites can be combined on one page. Here’s a Kendo Colorpicker used within an mvc tabstrip ...

Issues - chromium - An open-source browser project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting ...
My favorites ▼ - Sign in chromium An open-source browser project to help move the web forward. Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Code Search ...

Firefox version 40 set to roll with new Windows 10 features
Firefox 40 has been given a makeover to match Windows 10.

Issues - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in chromium An open-source project to help move the web forward. Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Code Search New issue ...

Downloads - Sitefinity Steve
Download things that I've created such as Sitefinity RandomSiteControls.

Mozilla Firefox 40 Released with Windows 10 Improvements
A new version of Mozilla's browser is up for grabs