SQL Server connection update not enabled

I create a sql server connection, and filled a gridview with data from the datbase.  When I tried to reconfigure the connection so I could update the database, everything is disabled.  Any suggestions?

0
rrhandle

what do you mean by all disable?

can post ur code here as well

0
mo
4/16/2009 2:27:50 PM

I found the answer on another forum.  SQL Server will not allow updating through VWD if the table is missing a primary key.  Add a primary key to the table, and everything works fine.

0
rrhandle

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 doesn't connect to SQL Server 2008 Express
 Hey everyone. I'm once again having trouble with my install of Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on my Vista Home Premium notebook.  VWD 2008 can't seem to connect to my databases in SQL Server 2008. I use the Connect to Database feature in the Tools menu and select Microsoft SQL Server. When I get to the Add Connection window I hit refresh next to the Server name drop-down but nothing shows up. I'm completely baffled by this. What do you think is the cause of this? What are the steps i need to take to resolve this i...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

connecting to a ms sql server database with visual studio web developer express 2008
how do I let users who visit my site update the database using visual studio web developer express edition 2008. so i want to add a coments page for example where users enter their name email, comments in textboxes. And then this is updtated in the sql server database. also how does one get the isp number to also be updated in the database. So basically users must be able to add new records to the database First create a connection object to your database Then create dataAdapter In the dataAdapter specify your Sql statement and lastly execute the statement All of these steps are a litt...

How to connect to my sql server express,also Pubs and northwind for sql server express
1, I have installed VWD express,sql server 2005 express.I also install management studio and adventureswork db.In the management studio I can able to connect and view adventurework db.But I can't manage to make a connection string to my db server when connecting to management studio server name is "KAMRANSHAHID\SQLEXPRESS".I wants a connection string with respect to this server.2,Is there new database for pubs and northwind for sql server 2005.Or they are of old sql server 2000.I have installed sample databases but can't find script for pubs and northwind nor it install automatically.I wan't...

Web Developer Express Cant Connect to SQL Server Express
I re-installed the .NET framework 2.0, as well as, Visual Web Developer 2005, along with SQL Server Express 2005. For some reason I cannot connect.  When I attempt to add a new Sql Server Database item, I now get the error: "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance.  The connection will be closed"When I had all of this installed previously I was able to connect fine.In Database Explorer I tried right clicking on Data Connections, Adding a Connection, DataSource: Microsoft Sql Server Database File (SqlClien...

Connecting VWD 2008 Express Edition to SQL Server 2008
How to I connect VWD 2008 Express Editin to SQL server 2008?   Sincerely, Computergirl Start with SqlDataSource control http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.sqldatasource.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Videos are here http://www.asp.net/learn/sql-videos/ http://www.asp.net/learn/data-videos/Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

SQL Express

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

Enable Full Text Index in VWD 2008 / SQL Server Express 2008
 Hi, I am using VWD 2008 Express and SQL Server 2008 Express. I want to enable full text index in some of my table. How do I do that? I only have  SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008. As far as I know, I cannot use SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 to update the full text catalog according to : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365247.aspxMy tables are also not enable Full Text Search by default.    Any help would be very much appreciated!  Edit 1: Someone had a similar problem to mine on this link: http://forums.asp.net/t/1169961.aspxI in...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

SQL Server 2008 Express with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Good Day,Please  englighten my mind, i have a plan,in my development PC, i have Windows XP and this Visual Studio 2008 and with SQL Server 2008 Express, in my  Deployment Server i have Windows Server 2003 with this SQL Server 2000 Enterprise. so my question is, what are the PROs and CONs in this kind of setup??? between SQL Servers????also please suggest anythings that will help me in this setup.  please help me, thanks JFRBPH12™ Is there any way you can upgrade your SQL Server version on the Deployment Server? Otherwise you would have to set compatibility mode to 80 in...

Connecting to SQL Server 2008 Express

Web resources about - SQL Server connection update not enabled - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...