publishing VWD 2008 express edition WEBSITE....

Dear friends,

I have just installed VWD 2008 express edition on my pc. As you know there are two options one is CREATE PROJECT and the other is CREATE WEBSITE.... I can buld and deploy PROJECT easily using the menu...

 But I could not build my WEBSITE.. there is no BUILD or PUBLISH menu like projects. Ok... Maybe I can put all the files to the FTP but in that case I think my source code can be taken easily by anybody....

Thanks in advance for your support....

Regards,

0
ardilo

 Hello ,

 The Visual Web Developer 2008 Express is a freeware web development tool.

Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions can help you create cool, fun projects that run the local machine.

it can only do Copy Web Site tools to publish .

Thats why to publish the website you develop is not present in this Edition.

So try with any proffesinal Edition/ Team Edition.

Md. Parves Kawser

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
0
rezakawser
4/10/2009 7:17:28 PM

Web sites are intended to be copied in source form so server can compile at runtime on demand. It is a different model from Web Application which is precompiled. For example, if you want to change a line of code in a Web site you can simply open page in Notepad, change it and save back to the server - server will compile. With Web Application you have to have VWD Express or Visual Studio installed to edit and compile.

Mikhail
4/10/2009 7:45:22 PM

And not, there is no way to request source cs/vb or aspx files from a browser. ASP.NET will never send source code to the client. Thus only someone that has physical access to the machine or your FTP account credentials will see the code.

Mikhail
4/10/2009 7:46:50 PM

Dear friends,

I solved the problem. I want to thank all of you for your support.

Regards,

0
ardilo

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition
Hi, I am trying to use ASP.Net in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I initially had MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on my computer before installing the MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. When I try to connect to the asp membership database, I get an error message. I then uninstalled the MS SQL 2005 Express and the VWD 2008 Express. I installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and reinstalled the VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, but I got the same error. Now I am an absolute beginner, I am thinking that maybe I don't know what I am doing. I have uni...

VWD 2008 Express Edition or VS 2008 Trial Version for developing client web application?
I am still waiting for the Visual Studios 2008 to be release to non-MSDN subscribers, which will be the end of February. I have a client that need a web application to be implemented. I'm anixous to start learning and using the new tools in Visual Studios 2008. I was wondering, can I use the VWD 2008 Express Edition or Visual Studios 2008 trial version to implement the web application for the client? Or is there a difference between VWD 2008 Express Edition and Visual Studios 2008 trial version to the Visual Studios 2008 Professional Edition? Thanks... You van us...

vwd express 2008 markup error in Master Page
Hi I was running the VWD 2008 Express version beta and everything worked as I needed it to..Apart from the registration process. I found on a forum it was an error with the program. (I downloaded it then burnt it to a disc) one of the two options. It turns out the way round it is to uninstall the whole package and do a download installation of the latest release. This has resolved the registration issue however every page I open now shows a "Page contains markup that is not valid when attached to master page" The only way round this is to click on the code make a slight change ie p...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Connecting VWD 2008 Express Edition to SQL Server 2008
How to I connect VWD 2008 Express Editin to SQL server 2008?   Sincerely, Computergirl Start with SqlDataSource control http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.sqldatasource.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Videos are here http://www.asp.net/learn/sql-videos/ http://www.asp.net/learn/data-videos/Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

VWD 2008 Express & SQL Server 2008 Express & Hosting Options
Hey all, go easy on me, this is my first post On my development PC, I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (the free one) along with SQL Server 2008 Express (the free one).  I am building a small scale database application (1 database) and would like to host this on the internet so that others can access it and report back on usability and bugs etc.  It doesn't need to be mega-fast at the moment. I am unsure of what type of hosting to buy, as there are many different options available.  I guess I have the following questions : Is there hosting specific to the...

Publish website using VWD Express 2008
I want to publish the site I have made to the web, but all the help documentation, etc, refer the the Publish feature in Website --> Publish. However, this isn't in the VWD Express edition. How do I publish the site? Thank you for your help, Sam  Copy Site. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. What about the app_dat folder? I have a user account database in there. Can't people just put in the address of the database in the app_data folder a...

"Failure to create a user instance"
 On Windows Server 2008 - I installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced.I ported over several Websites from a Windows 2003 Web Server.When I go into the V.W.D. Solution Explorer for a given website, I see the MDF files ported from 2003, but when I go into Database Explorer to work with the data,  I get a Package Load Failure and the database will not connect.  Instead it says, "Failure to create a user instance of SQL Server, due to a failure in starting the process for the use instance. The connection will be closed."And whe...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

No "Publish Website" in Web Developer 2008 Express
I just made my first website with one asp webform page (an emailed form) and one plain html page and am not able to compile it and publish it to the remote server.  Is it just me (I'm a complete newbie at this and stumbling along) or does microsoft actually make you buy the full version to do this?  I mean, why allow one to make an asp site and then not be able to compile it? VWD Express does not have the Publish Website Tool. To publish your website in VWD you would use Copy Web Site under 'Website' in the main menu. With your site open in VWD, click Website>...

How do I run a VWD 2005 Express project in VWD 2008 Express?
I am trying to run a site that I am buiding in VWD Express 2005 in VWD Express 2008.  I want to experiment with the new CSS capabilities of 2008. I have done some searched but I am having trouble finding an article on this.   I tried to copy the solution folder in the Projects directory for my instance of VWD 2005 Express and paste it into the same folder in 2008. This didn't work. There was a problem with it. I am guessing that it should be pretty easy to open a project that was built in 2005 in 2008. Can anyone recommend a good article on how to do t...

Web resources about - publishing VWD 2008 express edition WEBSITE.... - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature , music , or information — the activity of making information available ...

Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature , music , or information — the activity of making information available ...

10 Tips for Publishing Videos on Facebook
... library: Speaking of controlling the audience for videos, page admins can take steps including the prohibition of third-party embeds, publishing ...

Answers to Your Publishing Questions
... give answers, or state what they want to learn or improve with their writing. Last week's thread included a call for questions about publishing, ...

"The 2015 Man Booker prize winner Marlon James has slammed the publishing world, saying authors of colour ...
"... and that he could have been published more often if he had written 'middle-style prose and private ennui.'" At a sold-out Guardian event ...

Meet the 19-year-old whose 80-person company is taking the fashion, film, and publishing worlds by storm ...
Tavi Gevinson is not your typical 19-year-old. She's edited four books, starred in a Broadway show, and leads a staff of 80 at Rookie, an online ...

Move sets stage for Oaktree to sell off Tribune Publishing shares
Investment firm Oaktree Capital Management has set the table to sell its 18 percent stake in Tribune Publishing .

EXCLUSIVE: Street Fighter X G.I. Joe #1 Solicitation From IDW Publishing
A new challenger appears! IDW Publishing has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive first look [...]

German publishing giant sues dev behind iOS 9 ad blocker
Begun, the iOS 9 ad blockers legal wars has. Germany’s Axel Springer, a company which owns major newspapers like Bild and Die Welt, is trying ...

Track Athlete Makes News By Publishing His Salary
Canadian sprinter and USC student Andre De Grasse signed a pro contract with Puma recently. There are two reasons this is big screaming news ...