Order/group project items

It would be nice to have (visual)order/grouping-outlining abilities in "Solution explorer",for example-order/group by type etc.
.js files dosen't have folding-outlining capabilities for function declarations and there's no "Client Script" navigation panel.

Thanks.
0
XASD

Thanks for your feedback!  We'll keep this in mind as possible changes for Orcas or a future version of VS.  I've seen many requests for grouping/reordering/outlining in the Solution Explorer.  I've also need code-navigation or outlining as a top request for JScript editing.

Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff
4/22/2007 1:25:33 AM
As one more possible change is support of windows search in context of "Solution explorer",if it's installed(Vista for example).

Thanks.
0
XASD
4/22/2007 4:35:16 PM
And another one,if possible please provide support for .dll library projects beside of web sites-I wan't download another package(c#) only to get support of simple msbuild file,but separate/satellite assemblies almost always required.That's the same situation was with "Full text" search support in express edition of sql server,it was added anywaySmile

Best wishes.

0
XASD
4/22/2007 4:47:38 PM
For now, that is one of the main selling points for Visual Studio Standard and above. Smile  Howvever, I understand your desire to build sites that contain separate assemblies and we may consider this for Express in Orcas.
Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Which is best web application projects or Web site projects in VS 2008
Hi, Using VS.NET 2008 We are developing a web based product (inventory, accounts,etc). This product has DA, BO layers. We are currently using web site project model. We are using webdelopyemnt project for deploying at client place.I want to know that, which model Web site model or web applicaton model is a best model for applications?I read most of the blogs and also articles for knowing difference between these two models.  But I am not coming under conclusion.Let me know your views and alos best answers Regards S. Muhilan   As you probably know, the difference between...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Publishing Web Developer 2008 Express Projects
Hi All: I just developed a sample app, that I'd like to use as a part of my resume portfolio. I'd like to publish it on my discountASP.NET site. Does anyone know if this is possible?   Draykko================================That which does not kill me makes me strongerA. StevensGraduate, SetFocus .NET Masters ProgramB.S., Computer Science Why wouldn't it be? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Well, after a little tinkering, I answered my o...

Naming my project in visual web dev 2005 express
Hi all I created a project named "myprojectname" Then I was not so happy with it so I deleted the folder Now when ever I try to create "myprojectname" microsoft adds (2) to the name of the folder. How do I get rid of that ? I tried deleting many entries with myprojectname in the registry and also in the backup folder of  visual web dev 2005 express TIA Guy Visual Studio creates solution files for the created projects in a folder something like C:\Documents and Settings\<LoggedInUserName>\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects Delete the folder corresponding to yo...

Webapplication Project VS Web Developer 2008 Express
Where can I get the Web Appliction Project for VS Web Developer 2008 Express? I can't seem to find it any where. Thanks. hiyou cant install web application project on Express editions .http://blogs.msdn.com/mharsh/archive/2006/12/05/wpfe-template-for-express-skus-and-vs-2005-sp1.aspx Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!...

Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express
I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.Did I get it right?If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?Thanks You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

The toolbox items I need are dimmed, in Visual Web Dev 2008. Why?
Hi again. I've got a tricky task of trying to figure out why the toolbox items I need to use in my website (like the Panel-control, etc) are dimmed. I'd appreciate any advice whatsoever in how to enable the or some of these controls that are dimmed. Thanks one and/or all. Are all items (including, say, button) are unavailable or only some? What is OS version, VS sersion, etc? Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi Mikhail, glad to hear from ya. All items (excep...

create .NET 2.0 projects with VWD 2008 Express?
 I just installed VWD 2008 and created a new project. Although you can set the target framework in the project properties after the project is created you can't specify .NET 2.0 when creating the project. The net (no pun intended) result is the web.config is populated with a number of 3.5 entries and references are created to 3.5 assemblies right out of the shute.  Any suggestions on installing project templates for targeting 2.0 ? Thanks! Addendum: I found the solution here: http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0...

Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Web resources about - Order/group project items - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express