need help with wd 2008 and sql server databses

how to add new user to databses,,,?

where to find database in wvd2008?

newbie

0
jack99

Hi, If you have allowed VWD Express to create the Membership database you should find it in a folder named "App_Data" and the DB file will be called ASPNET.MDF Take a look at the connectionString in your web.config file too.

Also, look at one of my previous posts here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1405006.aspx

And video tutorials here:
http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-45.aspx
http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-148.aspx

Regards
Smcoxon

No Gem is ever polished without some friction.
0
smcoxon
5/1/2009 8:13:47 PM

if i create new user,

ho write command in vb to store user info inti databases?

0
jack99
5/1/2009 8:19:08 PM

Hi, If you use the built in Membership capability and Login, CreateUser controls etc. All the database information will be taken care of automatically. View the first video I suggested above for more information on how to do this.

Regards
Smcoxon

No Gem is ever polished without some friction.
0
smcoxon
5/2/2009 9:36:35 AM

 thanks a lot

may god bless u

0
jack99
5/2/2009 10:19:28 AM

You're very welcome. Smile

Regards
Smcoxon

No Gem is ever polished without some friction.
0
smcoxon

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

sql express 2008 database to sql server 2008 database what bits do I need to download
I need a client program for my pc so I can put my sql express 2008 database on a sql server 2008.  My SQL server is off on some generic web host. I tried management studio 2005 express version won't open my .mdf file but it opens my web host database. I tried to download full version of sql server 2008 but couldn't find the management studio program in the download.    Is there a trial or a preview I can download from microsoft that has the bits? Thanks Dan. I don't ask many questions but I'm trying to partisipate in this community.Good Luc...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 doesn't connect to SQL Server 2008 Express
 Hey everyone. I'm once again having trouble with my install of Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on my Vista Home Premium notebook.  VWD 2008 can't seem to connect to my databases in SQL Server 2008. I use the Connect to Database feature in the Tools menu and select Microsoft SQL Server. When I get to the Add Connection window I hit refresh next to the Server name drop-down but nothing shows up. I'm completely baffled by this. What do you think is the cause of this? What are the steps i need to take to resolve this i...

Installing Team Foundation Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008
 Hi,Can Anyone tell me that Is SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition Compatible to work with Team Foundation Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008...I am trying to install TFS 2008.I have installed IIS,SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition,Install and Configure Windows Sharepoint 3.0 successfully... but During installation of TFS 2008 during System health Check its telling SQL Server version incompatible.PLz Reply its urgent... Somnath Try installing TFS 2008 packaged with SP1. Here is more info:http://blogs.msdn.com/aabdou/archive/2008/05/13/team-foundation-server-sp1-beta-now-available.a...

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

I need help on how to connect to my SQL Server using my Visual web Developer 2008
Please can anybody tell me how i can confiqure my SQL that came with my laptop to work with visual web developer 2008 as every time i use it with Northwind as the name of my database and local as server name for my walk through it keeps sending and error statement either because of default settings or a Named pipe..Please can anybody help... Mekuse try using SQL Server Surface Area Configuration it should of come with SQL Server. Check the Remote Connections bitRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. Thank you!...

VWD 2008 Express & SQL Server 2008 Express & Hosting Options
Hey all, go easy on me, this is my first post On my development PC, I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (the free one) along with SQL Server 2008 Express (the free one).  I am building a small scale database application (1 database) and would like to host this on the internet so that others can access it and report back on usability and bugs etc.  It doesn't need to be mega-fast at the moment. I am unsure of what type of hosting to buy, as there are many different options available.  I guess I have the following questions : Is there hosting specific to the...

I created a website on my localhost with three .mdf files using SQL express but now I get an error when I try to host it on my web server without SQL express. need some help on how to change my connec
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred whil...

"Failure to create a user instance"
 On Windows Server 2008 - I installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced.I ported over several Websites from a Windows 2003 Web Server.When I go into the V.W.D. Solution Explorer for a given website, I see the MDF files ported from 2003, but when I go into Database Explorer to work with the data,  I get a Package Load Failure and the database will not connect.  Instead it says, "Failure to create a user instance of SQL Server, due to a failure in starting the process for the use instance. The connection will be closed."And whe...

Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition
Hi, I am trying to use ASP.Net in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I initially had MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on my computer before installing the MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. When I try to connect to the asp membership database, I get an error message. I then uninstalled the MS SQL 2005 Express and the VWD 2008 Express. I installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and reinstalled the VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, but I got the same error. Now I am an absolute beginner, I am thinking that maybe I don't know what I am doing. I have uni...

Problem with Windows Server 2008 and SQL 2008 Express
Hello! Recently, I set up server with Windows Web Server 2008 RC1, SQL 2008 Express beta, .NET 3.5, IIS 7. I'm running ASP.NET web application with SQL database. Everything works fine until the first application state on the server expires. After that, any postback that starts a new application state on the server and connects to the database, results in the following error: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed. Is this a bug that will be fixed in release of Windo...

Web resources about - need help with wd 2008 and sql server databses - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Foursquare to Charge for Access to its Databse
In order to make money from its giant database of restaurants and other businesses, Foursquare is in negotiations to begin charging its largest ...

User talk:JosephBarillari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hello Joseph! Welcome to wikipedia! I hope you can make useful contributions and have fun. About the article you created, maybe you should consider ...

Contact Us - Stock and Rural Crime Investigation Squad
CHARLEVILLE Charleville Police Station 59 Alfred Street Charleville Phone: 07-4650 5521 or 520 Mobile: 0427 758 093 CLONCURRY Cloncurry Police ...

World Competitiveness Yearbook (WCY)
World Competitiveness Yearbook (WCY) home page

Android Blog & News – all recent posts at AndroidPIT - Page 2
On our AndroidPIT Blog you can read up on interesting news and posts about the latest topics regarding Android and Android Apps.

BabelPort :: Articles On the translation of military ranks by Christian Hansel, SiteFounder
... serves as a personal and professional network of fellow translators, interpreters, and agencies. babelport offers a free directory and databse ...

Who's lying about the GoDaddy outage?
... you have to assume that you was hacked by me https://twitter.com/AnonymousOwn3r/status/245625530320293889 … not just the ddos but also databse ...

No Rock And Roll Fun: Stuck On Repeat 2009: Month-by-month
skip to main - skip to sidebar No Rock & Roll Fun Front page More and more of a self righteous pole smoker as time progresses Become in some ...

Changes « ChemAxon – cheminformatics platforms and desktop applications
ChemAxon is a company for software development. Programs, Java applets and other Java tools for chemistry, client-server applications, chemical ...