My Visual Web Developer 2008 Express won´t allow me to open new files (the templets seem to be gone) and

in my Event Viewer (I am using Vista) I get a warning, event id 1309 web event. Originaed in ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0.

0
Alohavik

I sort it

0
Alohavik
4/12/2009 10:05:43 PM

If you would, please post the error message and what you did to 'sort' it out. Your experience may help others who have a similar issue. Glad you got it fixed.

 Thanks,

-Preston

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, CA USA
0
Preston

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 doesn't connect to SQL Server 2008 Express
 Hey everyone. I'm once again having trouble with my install of Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on my Vista Home Premium notebook.  VWD 2008 can't seem to connect to my databases in SQL Server 2008. I use the Connect to Database feature in the Tools menu and select Microsoft SQL Server. When I get to the Add Connection window I hit refresh next to the Server name drop-down but nothing shows up. I'm completely baffled by this. What do you think is the cause of this? What are the steps i need to take to resolve this i...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

How do I open an existing web site in Visual Web Dveloper 2008 Express
I'm really not getting this ASP.NET stuff, so I thought I would open an existing site and see ow it looks... cant seem to do it. I have a few HTML/CSS web sites in xampp/htdocs folder, so I select Open Web Site in Web Developer, go to the directory, and click on the site - just get a blank page, and no CSS. Any suggestions? Richard When you select the directory, what do you see in the Solution Explorer?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." I see the "solution" to my problem: it shows all the files/sub directories in the direct...

New book on Visual Web Developer Express 2008
Jim Cheshire who is working in Microsoft Customer Support wrote a book on the Visual Web Developer 2008 and all the new features that VWD 2008 has for Web designers. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Expression-Developers-Guide-ASP-NET/dp/0789736659/ref=pd_bbs_sr_11/002-2785247-3265648?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192991861&sr=8-11Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks for the info Mikhail. I have seen you answering most queries related to VS, and I can see you ...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

Web resources about - My Visual Web Developer 2008 Express won´t allow me to open new files (the templets seem to be gone) and - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express