Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express

I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.

Did I get it right?

If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?

CarlJoh

You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.

Mikhail

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Making multiple selections in Design view in Visual Web developer 2008 Express
In the Design view, when laying out item in "absolute" positioning mode... there's this nice layout tool bar that has various alighment widgets. However, for the life of me I can't figure out how to select multiple objects. Example, I want to left align 3 buttons. But I can't select them. I realize there are other ways to do this... but since the Alignment widgets exist and since absolute positioning exists... there must be a way to select multiple objects.  Thanks for any help Keep on pressing CTRL or SHIFT key and then click on objects to be selected one by on...

ReportViewer MS Visual Web Dev 2008 Express doesn't work
Hi Just trying to get my had around reportviewer in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 .   I ran RepportViewer.exe redisbution for 2008 on the server but and I cannot see ReportViewer in toolbox under Data in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 installed on the server . So I decided to do it manually but I'm still having an error "Error creating control failed to create designer ..."   I added in web.config that: <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" /> <add assembly="Microsoft...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Web resources about - Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Selection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Victoria tells coach David Saker to quit criticising Australian cricket team selections
The maverick Victorian coach David Saker will be told to button his lip on matters concerning the Australian team and its selection, after angering ...

Ed Feng's College Football Playoff Standings Predictions Before Selection Sunday
Bleacher Report Ed Feng's College Football Playoff Standings Predictions Before Selection Sunday Bleacher Report Will your team make the College ...

Jury Selection Begins for Officer Charged in Gray's Death
CBS Local Jury Selection Begins for Officer Charged in Gray's Death CBS Local BALTIMORE (WNEW/AP) — Jury selection for the first police officer ...

Jury selection to begin in first Freddie Gray trial
Officer William Porter could spend at least 10 years in prison if convicted for his alleged role in the death of the 25-year-old black man

Hulu to offer lulu of a video selection
Site created by NBC Universal and News Corp. to debut Wednesday with shows from more than 50 TV networks, cable stations, and movie studios. ...

After Protest, VA Rescinds Selection Of Phoenix VA Overseer Who Misled Congress About Wait Times
After Protest, VA Rescinds Selection Of Phoenix VA Overseer Who Misled Congress About Wait Times

Jury selection begins in the first of six trials in Freddie Gray case
... in the back of a police van, the trial for the first of six Baltimore police officers accused of killing him is officially underway. Jury selection ...

Prices For CFP and Bowl Game Tickets Dropping On Secondary Market After Selection Sunday
The College Football Playoff and bowl schedule are officially set, and ticket prices have already begun to fall on the secondary market. Both ...

AP PHOTOS: A Selection of Pictures From the Past Week
AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week