Is it possible to install vs2008 express edition on a computer that still have vs2005 installed?

Im curently using visual studio 2005 professional edition which was installed in a partition section of my pc hard drive, I want to install the new version although the express edition of visual studio 2008.

Is it  possible for me to install 2008 express edition? because I dont want to uninstall my 2005 edition from my hard drive.and will the two version have a conflict if both  are on my computer.

0
bellushi

Yes, they work side-by-side.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition
Hi, I am trying to use ASP.Net in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I initially had MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on my computer before installing the MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. When I try to connect to the asp membership database, I get an error message. I then uninstalled the MS SQL 2005 Express and the VWD 2008 Express. I installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and reinstalled the VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, but I got the same error. Now I am an absolute beginner, I am thinking that maybe I don't know what I am doing. I have uni...

Installing Visual Web Developer 2008 (express edition)
I have tried installing this product several times on my machine. The installation process always freezes early on in the download portion of the process. The process specifically stalls while downloading the "SQL Server System CLR Types (x86)" The status bar says that the install process has lost connection with the server.  It will then try 5 more time to re-establish a connection with the server before the install process fails. Anys suggestions on this?  Thanks in advance !!! Are you logged in as someone with Administrator capabilities?Steve Wellens My blog Tr...

Problems installing Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition...
I have been trying to install Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition for almost a day, but haven't come close to succeeding as yet. According to the installation guide I have five components waiting to be installed, the first being the Update for Microsoft Visual Studio Web Authoring Compenent (KN945140). Every time I run setup it downloads the required components, but fails on each occasion it attempts to install the above. After downloading the necessary files setup opens Paint Shop Pro twice, leading to identical error messages of this is not a valid MSP file. I...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Unable to install Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1
Hi everyone, My computer is pentium 4 and i'm using windows XP home edition. When i tried to install Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition an error appeared: "The following component could not be downloaded: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1- ENU. Setup cancelled automatically because a component could not be downloaded. To try again click Exit and then restart setup." The error occurred when the installation was in the middle, at stage 6 out of 12. I tried to install it several times but nothing helped. Waiting for an a...

Error when trying to install MS Visual web developer 2008 express edition
I have tried numerous times now to install the above program. It keeps failing when trying to install Microsoft. NET Framework v3.5 SP1. Error occured during setup?  Can anyone help me please? Much appreciated    Have you tried downloading .net 3.5 with sp1 seperately, installing that and then trying the installer again? I've just tried to do that and I'm get an error when even trying to install the .net 3.5 by itself... any other suggestions? Try looking into log file in your user temp folder to find out which error exactly it is. Thanks------------...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

Will .NET Framework 3.5/VS2008/Express editions install in Windows 2000 Professional/Server?
Will .NET Framework 3.5/VS2008/Express editions install in Windows 2000 Professional/Server editions? Further, I have a brand new Win XP machine with no .NET Framework installed yet. For multitargeting to work do I also need to install version 2.0/3.0 of the framework, or just .NET Framework 3.5 will suffice? Version 2.0 of the framework will install on Windows 2000 but Framework 3.0 and 3.5 will not . Please see http://www.asp.net/downloads/3.5-extensions/readme/#_Toc184842342 which say "Supported Operating Systems 1.       Microsoft Windows XP ...

Installing VS2005 Express Edition...
Hi,I am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Using AVG 7.5 Antivirus, all definitions updated.I am trying to Install Visual Studio C# Express edition... I am trying I am getting this error : "The Windows Installer Service is Unavailable. Another applicaiton may be running setup. Finish any installation in progress, or restart your computer and re-run the setup"I tried restarting but didnt workPlease help. Thanks,Geek Is the "Windows Installer" located in a list of the machine's services and running?Steve Wellens My blog Yes it is. Thats the first thing I checked....

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

Error when install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in Vista Home Edition
I was trying to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition downloaded from http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/ in my Windows Vista Home Edition and it failed, saying an error as: Error occurred during setup: The following component was not attempted: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU Followed with a popup window from Program Compactibility Assistant saying: This program might not have installed correctly. If the program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.Program: IExpress S...

Installing the Visual web Developer
Can anybody help me in telling me what I am doing wrong in installing the Visual web Developer - Express edition on a Windows XP machine with service pack 2.  I followed the instructions to the letter and the system came back to me saying that the software was installed and done.  It asked me to reboot, and I did.  Unfortunately I do not see the application as having been installed (I cannot get to it from Start - All programs). I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, but no luck.  Then I deleted all the older Visual studio 1.1 versions also.  Still no luck.  What...

Web resources about - Is it possible to install vs2008 express edition on a computer that still have vs2005 installed? - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland’s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.