How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition

I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes...

How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?

I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu.

Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it.

0
Wolfie

When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName .

You can remove the website by deleting that folder. Then, the next time you run VWD when you select that website, it will allow you to remove it from the recent project list.

Hypercasting™ - Turning the internet into a retail tool. www.muddhypercasting.com
0
joshj
4/16/2008 12:55:27 PM

you need to manually delete it ...

go to its directory (default is in "your document/Visual studio 2008 /Websites/websiteName", and delete it ..

Regards,

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
4/16/2008 12:56:55 PM

For example

     I put the website into the folder,which the name is Web.The folder is in E disk.If I want to delete one website ,I go into the Web folder and delete it directly.

0
chenyaping034
4/17/2008 10:14:10 AM

Thanks to you all.

I created it as a web (http). I can delete the web easily enough it just leaves the projects. Figured out a method.

(Ran into some other difficulties after playing around which I had to figure out. Anyway, got it all working now.)

  1. Delete the web site (in IIS  or just delete the folder, e.g. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebSite)
  2. Delete the project folder (in ...\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects)
  3. Remove the project name in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VWDExpress\9.0\ProjectMRUList)
  4. Have to rename the names so the File1, File2, etc. stay in sequence)

That works. Was hoping for a cleaner way.

0
Wolfie
4/20/2008 8:28:54 PM

That work for websites created locally; but how do you delete a website created from a "remote website" ?

0
webzipper

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

Creating a site using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I have created a site using VWD.  Once I was finished - I uploaded the site and everything was fine - so I thought!  When I reopened my pages to do some editing, I was unable to see the design.  I could see the source and know that the info is there - but when I view in design, all I see is the Masterpage template.  What is going on?  Can anyone help?  Thanks. Have you tried to close and restart VWD?  I often get similar display errors with VS 2008 Pro.  Once I close the app and restart it I don't have any problems.Remember to mark as answer if t...

How do I open an existing web site in Visual Web Dveloper 2008 Express
I'm really not getting this ASP.NET stuff, so I thought I would open an existing site and see ow it looks... cant seem to do it. I have a few HTML/CSS web sites in xampp/htdocs folder, so I select Open Web Site in Web Developer, go to the directory, and click on the site - just get a blank page, and no CSS. Any suggestions? Richard When you select the directory, what do you see in the Solution Explorer?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." I see the "solution" to my problem: it shows all the files/sub directories in the direct...

Deploying a web site from Visual Web developer 2005 Express edition
Does anyone know how to deploy a web site from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition?...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

Visual Web Devl 2008 Express To Create 2.0 Web Site
With Visual Web Developer 2008 Express, is possible to create 'new web site' targeting 2.0 Framework?  I have VWD 2008 Express. but I do not find an option for creating a new web site for 2.0 framework.  My web hosting provider does not support 3.5 framework at this time.Odis visual express does not support multitargeting so you will need to use the 2005 one to target framework 2.0if this post unswerd ur question marke it as answer After you create your new project, go to the Solution Explorer and right-click on the project heading and select Property Pages.&...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Importing web parts from sharepoint services 3.0 to visual web developer express 2008
I need to know If there is a way to import the list web parts from a sharepoint server that we have onsite (running WSS 3.0) to another website not associated with sharepoint but on the same server. Im very new to sharepoint and these forums. I have worked with visual web developer 2008 express for a while now. I am pretty good with asp.net programming and i do have a copy of microsoft office sharepoint designer 2007. Can anyone elaborate on this situation....

Web resources about - How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Nylex site developer's previous work under investigation by building authority
The developer behind a proposed $1 billion redevelopment of Richmond's Nylex site is under investigation by the state building authority for ...

Maroubra home sells at auction to a developer for $2.36 million - DailyTelegraph Search Search
A MAROUBRA house sold for $2.36 million under the hammer, shattering the reserve price by $160,000.

Maroubra home sells at auction to a developer for $2.36 million
A MAROUBRA house sold for $2.36 million under the hammer, shattering the reserve price by $160,000.

Google launches Unity plugin to help developers make Chromecast-compatible games
Google has today launched the Google Cast Remote Display plugin for Unity, in hopes that developers will now be able to more easily bring their ...

Developer looks to Larkinville for Central Terminal inspiration
An emerging plan to restore and revive Buffalo Central Terminal would look to Larkinville for inspiration, according to the Canadian developer ...

An app developer says Microsoft didn't pay it for 5 months — until the company complained on Twitter
The developer of Fhotoroom, a Windows-only photo editing app, complained on Twitter that Microsoft failed to pay the company over five months. ...

Data is everything, now learn to master it as a developer [Deals]
Understanding and working with data is key to how organizations large and small make and measure their impact. Mastering data can give you new ...

Life is Strange developer Dontnod talks about its new RPG, Vampyr
If there’s one thing you can’t deny about Dontnod, it’s that it's incredibly thematically varied. If it’s not futuristic memory hunters in Remember ...