Error when trying to install MS Visual web developer 2008 express edition

I have tried numerous times now to install the above program. It keeps failing when trying to install Microsoft. NET Framework v3.5 SP1. Error occured during setup?

 Can anyone help me please?

Much appreciated

0
rghanbar

 Have you tried downloading .net 3.5 with sp1 seperately, installing that and then trying the installer again?

0
rtpHarry
9/11/2008 12:27:36 PM

I've just tried to do that and I'm get an error when even trying to install the .net 3.5 by itself... any other suggestions?

0
rghanbar
9/11/2008 12:50:42 PM

Try looking into log file in your user temp folder to find out which error exactly it is.

Mikhail

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

Installing Visual Web Developer 2008 (express edition)
I have tried installing this product several times on my machine. The installation process always freezes early on in the download portion of the process. The process specifically stalls while downloading the "SQL Server System CLR Types (x86)" The status bar says that the install process has lost connection with the server.  It will then try 5 more time to re-establish a connection with the server before the install process fails. Anys suggestions on this?  Thanks in advance !!! Are you logged in as someone with Administrator capabilities?Steve Wellens My blog Tr...

Problems installing Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition...
I have been trying to install Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition for almost a day, but haven't come close to succeeding as yet. According to the installation guide I have five components waiting to be installed, the first being the Update for Microsoft Visual Studio Web Authoring Compenent (KN945140). Every time I run setup it downloads the required components, but fails on each occasion it attempts to install the above. After downloading the necessary files setup opens Paint Shop Pro twice, leading to identical error messages of this is not a valid MSP file. I...

visual web developer 2008 express installed need upgrade vwd 2008 sp1
Hi all, any one can help me on this, i have installed visual web developer 2008 express edition on windows server 2003  R2 standard edition service pack 2 now i need to upgrade visual  web developer express edition service pack 1  when I serach i found vwd 2008 with SP1 link to download. but my question is since i have already installed VWD 2008 can I only run service pack update so that upgrade VWD 2008 to VWD 2008 with SP1. any ideas?   Yes. You can aplly the SP-1 to VWD 2008 to upgrade it from the link provided. If you have other VS Express edition programs su...

Unable to install Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1
Hi everyone, My computer is pentium 4 and i'm using windows XP home edition. When i tried to install Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition an error appeared: "The following component could not be downloaded: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1- ENU. Setup cancelled automatically because a component could not be downloaded. To try again click Exit and then restart setup." The error occurred when the installation was in the middle, at stage 6 out of 12. I tried to install it several times but nothing helped. Waiting for an a...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition
Hi, I am trying to use ASP.Net in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I initially had MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on my computer before installing the MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. When I try to connect to the asp membership database, I get an error message. I then uninstalled the MS SQL 2005 Express and the VWD 2008 Express. I installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and reinstalled the VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, but I got the same error. Now I am an absolute beginner, I am thinking that maybe I don't know what I am doing. I have uni...

Web resources about - Error when trying to install MS Visual web developer 2008 express edition - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Barangaroo: Crowne Plaza bound for Darling Harbour as developers tackle room shortage
The 160-room luxury hotel will take advantage of the inflow of people to the Barangaroo precinct.

tvOS 9.1 beta 3 is now available on Apple TV for developers
There’s a new software update awaiting Apple TV developers today. tvOS 9.1 beta 3 is now available for registered developers testing apps against ...

Apple also releases tvOS 9.1 beta 3 for developers
... Apple has also released a new beta update for its fourth-generation Apple TV set-top box: tvOS 9.1 beta 3. Provided you’re a registered developer, ...

Mozilla launches new JavaScript-based Add-ons Validator for developers
... store, browser add-ons have to go through validation to ensure that they work properly and are secure. This is the case with Firefox, and developers ...

Apple seeds tvOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
... TV just took one step closer to its public release with the third beta build of tvOS 9.1. Apple’s latest tvOS 9.1 beta is available to developers ...

Killing Floor 2 is getting review bombed after developer adds cosmetic microtransactions
... of content updates thus far; they see this as an inappropriate prioritization of company resources and time. Creasy says that " Backend developers ...

Taiwan-based Google Play app developers double in 2 years
The number of Taiwan-based app developers registered on Google Play increased by 200% in the past two years, while the money spent by users outside ...

Watch live streamers play developers at their own games for charity
Erin Robinson Swink, developer of the hand-painted space-physics game, Gravity Ghost, has a simple reason driving her passion for green energy ...