Does Orcas Express Comes with this inbuilt supports......?

Hi Jeff,

I understand Orcas is supporting IIS7 and LINQ.

These are two great assets comming soon to us. What i would like to know is...

(1) Do we have inbuilt LINQ support currently in Orcas Express..?
(2) Is Cassini web sever improved to give IIS7 like advantages....?

Since there are no whitepapers/Docs for Orcas Beta, we do not know more on this.

Thanks

Paggy4u
Working with Dynamic Languages
0
paggy4u

Hi Paggy,

(1) There is LINQ support currently in Orcas Express.  Remember to create your website or project with .NET 3.5 selected.
(2) The Cassini Web Server has remained unchanged between 2005 and Orcas.

HTH,

Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff

Is Expression Web Inbuilt in ( VWD )Orcas Express....?
Hi,I was please to go through the advantages of ( VWD ) Orcas Express. I also read that Expression Web will be fully suppopted by Visual Studio Orcas.Can some one make it clear that will Expression Web Support ( VWD ) Orcas Express too...?Will we experience the HTML and CSS advantantages as a built in Feature in Orcas Express...?The question is who will buy Expression Web, if all this features are given free with VWD ( Orcas ).there should be some limitations in features like Visual Studio VS VWD.Just puzzled. The Expression Web team and the Visual Studio team worked together. NOt all of t...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express
I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.Did I get it right?If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?Thanks You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

MVC Preview 3 and Web Dev Express 2008 SP1 Beta
When trying to run a new mvc web application, the default project fails to start up.  A BadImageFormatException is throw with the message BAD IL Range.   Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it? Do you get this error if you build the project first? Is the project language VB? We have seen this error before and are currently looking at the cause of it. It is related to the fact that a view page must be built for it to correctly inherit from MVC.ViewPage. The language is VB.  And Building the project before attempting to run it did fix the problem. Thanks (can&#...

Visual Web Developer Express vs Microsoft Expression Web Designer
I would like to know what are the differences between VWD Express and Expression Web Designer ?I have played with both and they seem very similar, is there a comparison chart available or does anyone have any thoughts on this ? There are huge differences. Expression is Designer-oriented too and has more advanced page layout and CSS tools, but does not include compilers, debugger and does not provide code intellisense. VWD and Visual Studio are developer-oriented tools, they provide advanced tools for those who are primarily writing code. Markup and script intellisense are approximatel...

Web resources about - Does Orcas Express Comes with this inbuilt supports......? - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Legged Squad Support System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Legged Squad Support System ( LS3 ) is a DARPA project for a legged robot which could function autonomously as a packhorse for a squad of ...

Photoshop Fix for iPad Pro now supports Apple Pencil tilt shading & pressure detection
Adobe’s recently launched Photoshop Fix app has been updated this week to add further support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro . The image editing ...

Microsoft updates OneDrive with Spotlight search and offline file support
... service , OneDrive , thereby introducing a couple of new features to the app. Spotlight search The first update to OneDrive for iOS adds support ...

CRUZ: Anyone else find it odd that Obama and Hillary support radical Islam while targeting law-abiding ...
By AWR Hawkins During a post-debate interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper on December 15, Republican presidential hopeful Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) described ...

300 US Lawmakers Support 50% Clean Energy By 2050
... to a central focus point due to the Paris climate change talks that just took place, and they all signed a [&hellip 300 US Lawmakers Support ...

Former NFL Player Shawne Merriman Supports Donald Trump
Former NFL Player Shawne Merriman Supports Donald Trump

House Republicans introduce resolution expressing support for Christmas. Bold move there, sports!
... out of the holiday. The resolution states that the House “strongly disapproves of attempts to ban references to Christmas” and “expresses support ...

Local residents rally to support Riverheads teacher
The Daily Progress Local residents rally to support Riverheads teacher The Daily Progress Hatred and negativity on Facebook: that's what inspired ...

Street Fighter V's beta is live, full game will have Steam support at launch
It's going to be a good year for PC Street Fighter fans in 2016. Capcom has announced that in addition to Windows support, they are going to ...

Evernote Shutting Down Support for Clearly, Evernote for Pebble, and Versions of Skitch
Evernote announced that they will be ending support for multiple functions yesterday, bringing what is virtually a demise to Skitch for Windows, ...