default cookies behavior

Does anyone know what the default cookies behavior is for a site made with VWD EE?  I want to know what to include in my site's privacy policy.  I haven't added any cookies or tracking myself.  I notice that by default the site I made puts a session tracking cookie on my computer when I visit it.  When is this deleted?  Firefox displays that its set to expire at the end of the session.  Would it be sufficient to say that my site uses session cookies that expire at the end of the session?

0
attrib75

Yes by default Non persistent cookie are used to maintain session and these cookies will be deleted by browser itself when the site is closed in the browser . Dont worry about this cookie.

yes it is suffesient to say that.

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
4/20/2009 5:02:31 AM

Very good, thank you very much!
0
attrib75

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express
I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.Did I get it right?If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?Thanks You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

MVC Preview 3 and Web Dev Express 2008 SP1 Beta
When trying to run a new mvc web application, the default project fails to start up.  A BadImageFormatException is throw with the message BAD IL Range.   Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it? Do you get this error if you build the project first? Is the project language VB? We have seen this error before and are currently looking at the cause of it. It is related to the fact that a view page must be built for it to correctly inherit from MVC.ViewPage. The language is VB.  And Building the project before attempting to run it did fix the problem. Thanks (can&#...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

How to Set VWD 2008 Express Default .Net Framework Target for New Sites
I'd like to be able to tell VWD 2008 Express that the default target framework for new websites should be 2.0 Currently when I try to start a new website the only option is 3.5.  Someone showed me how to get to the property pages for a new site and THEN change it.  But I'd like to have it build for 2.0 from the very beginning for EVERY new site. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!-- the right relationship is everything -- Whe you do File | New | Web site, there is a dropdown on top of the dialog that allows you to select target framework for the new site.Tha...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

Default Namespaces in Visual Web Developer Express 2008 code behind file.
 Hi, I have just installed the Visual Web Developer Express 2008 SP1,previous I was using the Web Developer Express 2005 version.I have realised that the default namespaces of the code behind file are not similar with the 2005 version,for example, in my Default.aspx.cs,the default namespaces created are :using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Web;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;while in the VWD Express 2005, they are :using System;using System.Data;using System.Configuration;using System.Collections;using System.Web;using System....

ReportViewer MS Visual Web Dev 2008 Express doesn't work
Hi Just trying to get my had around reportviewer in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 .   I ran RepportViewer.exe redisbution for 2008 on the server but and I cannot see ReportViewer in toolbox under Data in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 installed on the server . So I decided to do it manually but I'm still having an error "Error creating control failed to create designer ..."   I added in web.config that: <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" /> <add assembly="Microsoft...

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

Web resources about - default cookies behavior - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

How Internet Behavior Shifted in 2015
The mobile revolution has been the catalyst behind a shift in how people access the internet as well as user behaviors. From Millennials and ...

Human behavior is the biggest threat to company security
A new survey of cyber security professionals from information management company Nuix shows that businesses are placing greater emphasis on insider ...