Debug Classic ASP

Hi

I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition to run Classic ASP applications.

Debug => Attach to process option is not available in express edition.

How can I debug Classic ASP in that?

Is there any workaround for this?

0
abhijeet_dighe

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/debug/DebugVBScriptVS2008.aspx

Jignesh

Good decisions come from Wisdom,Wisdom comes from experience,Experience comes from bad decisions

0
jignesh_login
4/29/2009 7:00:00 AM

  If you are using an Express Edition, this feature is not supported.

but anyway you may want to check out this article

When you ask a question, remember to click "Mark As Answer" when you get a reply which answers your question.
0
Kulrom
4/29/2009 7:06:59 AM

This link is for Visual Studio 2008.

I am using VWD 2008 express edition and in that there is no option like attach to process.

0
abhijeet_dighe
4/29/2009 7:07:54 AM

Is there any workaround for this instead of attaching process?

0
abhijeet_dighe
4/29/2009 7:10:06 AM

 i just edited my previous reply giving you link that you may find useful. Wink

When you ask a question, remember to click "Mark As Answer" when you get a reply which answers your question.
0
Kulrom

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Turn off Debug
Every time I run a page Debug keeps running after the page has rendered. Is there a way to turn that off so I don't have to stop it after each page?   Thanks  You can start your application using Ctrl-F5 instead of F5 (or the green arrow button) to avoid debugging.Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Debug Visual web developer express 2008
Hi everybody, I have an asp.net project (created with visual web developer 2008) with a reference to a .net assembly compiled with VS 2005. Can I debug the external assemby? When I try to jump inside code, I got the message "There is no source code available for the current location."  Thanks for your help.  Regards. You need to have PDB (program database, aka symbol files) for the referenced assembly. You also may want to uncheck 'Enable Just My Code' in Tools | Options | Debugging.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------...

Multiple selection in Visual Web Dev. 2008 Express
I couldn't select more controls in the design view. After reading some posts I understand this functionality doesn't exist in vwd 2008 express and a sp1 has been created for that.Did I get it right?If I did, is it possible to download only the sp1 and not all the vs2008 again?Thanks You need to install SP1. In VWD Express SP1 is effectively new VWD download. Most of the binaries in the product have changed so there is really no smaller download.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

Problem with debugging an ASPX page in web developer express 2008
Hi all.  I have a problem when trying to run a page through the web developer. Basically, an aspx page in a live server is used to do an upload to a database of an xml file. It advises it has been successful, but it doesnt appear on teh database. So what I was wanting to do, was run this program in my dev environment and use the debug facilities. However, when I load the page up in web developer (all necessary files are also there as I have a carbon copy of the whole site in my dev environment etc etc) I get an error in the build of the website. Error is as follows: Error 1 ...

When I try to do debugging with Microsoft Web Dev 2008 I get this error...
This application is currently offline. To enable the application, remove the app_offline.htm file from the application root directory.   How do I fix this? Hi, you fix it by doing exactly what the error says, remove the file called app_offline.htm. This was a new feature introduced with 2.0 so that a sys admin could very easily make a site go down so a newer version could be placed instead. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Web Dev Express
I can't seem to get execution to stop at any breakpoints.  I've verified debug is enabled in web.config and project properties. When I was previously working on this project on another machine,  (a long time ago)breakpoints worked.  Now, I'm working on the project on a different machine (running Windows Vista) and I can't get breakpoints to work.  I've tried setting breakpoints in different methods (C#) in different aspx pages, and nothing is stopping.  I'm using inline pages, not codebehind. I'm completely stumped.  The project I'm working with is based on th...

MVC Preview 3 and Web Dev Express 2008 SP1 Beta
When trying to run a new mvc web application, the default project fails to start up.  A BadImageFormatException is throw with the message BAD IL Range.   Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it? Do you get this error if you build the project first? Is the project language VB? We have seen this error before and are currently looking at the cause of it. It is related to the fact that a view page must be built for it to correctly inherit from MVC.ViewPage. The language is VB.  And Building the project before attempting to run it did fix the problem. Thanks (can&#...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Web resources about - Debug Classic ASP - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Classics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classics is the branch of the humanities comprising the languages , literature , philosophy , history , art , archaeology and other culture of ...

Quentin Tarantino to screen classic Australian 'westerns' on Hateful 8 tour
The director, who says he hasn't enjoyed being labelled a cop hater, is planning to hold special screenings of a couple of classic Australian ...

Mini Review: Mu Classic collapsible plug, a neat portable plug for Brits
British plugs are very safe, being earthed and generally also having their own fuse, but there’s no denying that they are chunky things. Not ...

David Remnick Belts Out a Neil Young Classic
Since The Sequoias performs just a handful of times each year, we felt it worth noting the group’s most recent gig. The rock band encompasses ...

Gorf vs. Roadblasters vs. Lunar Lander: A classic arcade throwdown
Nate and Lee could only dream of making it to Space Colonel on Gorf . (credit: Eric Bangeman) CHICAGO—One of the advantages of living in Chicago ...

Porsche opening network of dedicated Classics centers
Filed under: Porsche , Auto Repair , Maintenance , Classics The first dedicated Porsche Classic Center has opened in the Netherlands, paving ...

Palin's classic Thanksgiving
Palin's classic Thanksgiving by digby Think about this whenever you ponder how GOP voters could have come to see the likes of Donald Trump as ...

David Spade reveals how Chris Farley came up with classic 'Fat Man in a Little Coat' scene from 'Tommy ...
The world lost Chris Farley way too soon, at the age of 33 in 1997, and it hasn't stopped missing the comedian. On Monday night, David Spade ...

Classic toys get a high-tech makeover
Some retro favorites like Barbie and Legos are getting infused with new technology this holiday season

Investors race to classic cars
Rare cars have skyrocketed in value, demand is mushrooming, and advisors are racing to protect clients' investments.