CSS 2.0

 The VWD 2008 Express seems to validate only CSS 1.0, and not CSS 2.0. Is there an add-on to enable validation for CSS 2.0 or does the Full Version of Visual Studio allow validation of CSS 2.0?

0
BroIgnatius

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Visual Web Devl 2008 Express To Create 2.0 Web Site
With Visual Web Developer 2008 Express, is possible to create 'new web site' targeting 2.0 Framework?  I have VWD 2008 Express. but I do not find an option for creating a new web site for 2.0 framework.  My web hosting provider does not support 3.5 framework at this time.Odis visual express does not support multitargeting so you will need to use the 2005 one to target framework 2.0if this post unswerd ur question marke it as answer After you create your new project, go to the Solution Explorer and right-click on the project heading and select Property Pages.&...

VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0
Hi! I have a problem trying to use VS 2008 Web Application Projects targeting .NET 2.0 and AJAX 1.0: I've read in one of the blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx) that there is a bug that makes Beta 2 recognize System.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 as a .NET 3.5 component. When I try to add a reference to it in my .NET 2.0 Web Application Project, it appears grayed out (as I believe it should). So, I there any other way to add it?I tried referencing the assembly in the web.config file, but the WAP doesn't build.Any ideas?&n...

New to 2.0
I've been developing in Visual Studio .Net 2002/3 for a few years now. Because of obvious reasons, I installed VWD2005Exp to familiarize myself with .Net 2.0 and when I use this code in the body of my page, I get different results. Basically, it seems that there is a small break between the table rows (<tr>) within the main table (<table id="main">). I'm not sure why, but I believe it is the 2005 environment (W3C standards, etc.). Is there a css file referenced somewhere by default that I need to alter? (I really want to get away from using tables and cells and use more css, but ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 & .Net 2.0
Hi guys, I was wondering if there is a way to create a new web application using .Net 2.0 in Visual Web Developer 2008?  As I am sure I have seen screen shots showing a drop down allowing the user to select the framework they wish to use... however, this may not be available in the free express versions and only available in the pro version. Thanks, Mark Hi Mark,  There is no drop down for the Target Framework Version in the New Web Site UI of VWDExpress, but there is one if web site properties. So you can Create a new 3.5 web site Right-click on the web site node in ...

create .NET 2.0 projects with VWD 2008 Express?
 I just installed VWD 2008 and created a new project. Although you can set the target framework in the project properties after the project is created you can't specify .NET 2.0 when creating the project. The net (no pun intended) result is the web.config is populated with a number of 3.5 entries and references are created to 3.5 assemblies right out of the shute.  Any suggestions on installing project templates for targeting 2.0 ? Thanks! Addendum: I found the solution here: http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/30/using-vs-2008-to-target-asp-net-ajax-1-0...

Use framework 2.0 in VS Web Developer Express 2008
I can't figure how to start a project in 2.0 Framework rather than 3.5. When I search for how to I see a drop down window in the top right of a new project/website popup of screenshots but I don't have this and can't find anything in the settings that would help. Please advise! ThanksDenis  Right click your project  to to properties and in the page that opens set the Target FrameworkJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  When you create new project using VS 2008 you will find the follo...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express/Datawindow .NET 2.0
After adding a WebDataWindowControl, after I set the LibraryList to the correct .pbl (which has datawindows), no DataWindows appear in the "Select DataWindow Object" window. I created and saved the datawindows using DataWindow Designer 2.0 into a .pbl, and then added that .pbl to the Solution Explorer. Am I missing something here? Thanks. ...

Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition and Datawindow.net 2.0
I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition and Datawindow.net 2.0. They seem to be working pretty well together except for one thing. I can't update the database with the updatedata command. I can insert, delete, filter and sort just fine but updating is a problem. I am unable to drag the transaction object over from the toolbox even though it is there. The transaction object is available but it is grayed out. I coded a transaction object manually for all of the other database updates which worked just fine. I tried the same process for updating and it did not work. D...

Visual Web Developer (Express), Debug & .Net 2.0, II6
Is this intended to work 'out of the box'. Because it doesn't. And maybe it's not supposed to, or maybe I'm just an idiot. The latter is quite possible. Clearly a set of steps need to be followed after installation to get debugging to work properly, i.e. intelligent, meaningful error messages. I haven't written a line of code yet, but here are the sequence of events when you try to run an empty Website project with default.aspx. F5 "Debugging Not Enabled"The page cannot be run in debug mode because debugging is not enabled in the web.config file.What would you like to do?1 Modify web.con...

How do I create an ActiveX web component in .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008?
How do I create an ActiveX web component in .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008?  I want to be able to create an ActiveX interface in my ASP.NET webpages so I can get windows-like features.  How can I accomplish this?  I use VB.NET and not C#.You can't stop entropy so why even try? if you want to create a real activeX control, then you need to use VB6 as VS cannot create activeX/Com components. What you can do is create a .NET winforms user control and host it on the webpage as a .NET applet which is treated like an activeX control by the browser. So to do this in .N...

Web resources about - CSS 2.0 - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

CSS Hat translates Photoshop layer styles to CSS3
This will be a huge hit. ∞ Read this on The Loop

CSS-Tricks
There is nothing to be afraid about in this brave new world of preprocessing. Native apps make it so easy that it should be a vital part of any ...

London’s Tube map done in CSS
That is very impressive. ∞ Read this on The Loop

CSS Manassas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
James. O. Curtis , Medford , MA CSS Manassas , formerly the steam icebreaker Enoch Train , was built in 1855 by James O. Curtis as a twin-screw ...

Facebook Open Academy: Bringing open source to CS curricula
Open source is a huge part of Facebook engineering. Whether we're building new data infrastructure tools like Corona and Presto to manage our ...

Easy CSS sprites
Sprite Cow looks really cool. ∞ Read this on The Loop

CS Research (@csresearch) on Twitter

CSS Diner
It’s a little game to help you learn CSS selectors. Type in the correct selector to complete each level. Very nice.

Simple testing can boost CS education 29% overnight!
On October 14, we launched the Hour of Code, with unprecedented partners and backers, uniting behind a campaign to to convince teachers and schools ...

Do you need a CS degree to do well in the software industry?
I've been a professional software developer for nearly 30 years and I don't have a CS degree. (When I was 14 I was getting paid $5/hr to code ...