Can the CTP version run alongside the existing editions?

Are there any problems with having both versions of the Visual Web Developer Express editions installed on the same machine?

pete_l

From our testing, they run side-by-side... but the uninstallation of Orcas may affect 2005.  This is part of the reason for the "CTP" designation.
Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff
4/24/2007 9:05:22 PM
Is there anyway to download the installation files for the Orcas so that they can be installed on a machine without net access?  The download links I've seen seem to download a setup .exe rather than the full tool.
0
pete_l
4/25/2007 7:24:26 AM
We will be posting a CD-image (ISO) download soon.  I'll post to this thread once they're available.  Thanks!
Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff
pete_l
4/26/2007 6:57:42 AM

I ran VS 2005 SP1 and VS Orcas March CTP side by side and that worked just fine, I've not tried running Beta 1 side by side with VS 2005 though.

Granville Barnett
http://weblogs.asp.net/gbarnett
Feel free to ask me any .NET question
0
gbarnett
4/26/2007 3:07:08 PM

Info for how to get an ISO is posted here: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1683977.aspx (in case you didn't see the pinned post by Weston).

Direct jump here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/future/downloads/default.aspx#manual

Jeff King
Program Manager
ASP.net
0
Jeff

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

VWD 2008 Express Edition or VS 2008 Trial Version for developing client web application?
I am still waiting for the Visual Studios 2008 to be release to non-MSDN subscribers, which will be the end of February. I have a client that need a web application to be implemented. I'm anixous to start learning and using the new tools in Visual Studios 2008. I was wondering, can I use the VWD 2008 Express Edition or Visual Studios 2008 trial version to implement the web application for the client? Or is there a difference between VWD 2008 Express Edition and Visual Studios 2008 trial version to the Visual Studios 2008 Professional Edition? Thanks... You van us...

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?
The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition, when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below: //--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application. Pr...

VS Web Dev Express Ed. Can't run a simple Hello World Web Site. I need help on fixing this error.
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I posted on a right topic but I'm new to Visual Studio and want to learn to use Visual Studio Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.  Please correct me and direct me to where I should ask for help regarding these matters.I was just trying to simply make a 'Hello World' Website .. Just THAT on my website. A simple Website for me to start learning. Just showing those text on the website. But when I tried to run (debug) the program. This error shows on my browser both on firefox and explorer8... 'Firefox can't establish a connection...

How change .net framework version VWD 2008 express edition is using
 Hi all =)I wanna  change .net framework edition so visual studio will create a web.config including the assembly with another versionRight now my web.config is with this line: <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>But i need it in another version and probably with a different publicKeyToken.Thank you  have a look at this thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1266711.aspx Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" ...

can vs 2005 and vwd 2008 express edition run on the same computer
 Hello All,my computer system had .Net Framework 2.0 and VS 2005, i have website designed with these. but i want to try VWD 2008. i am concerned if i install VWD 2008 , will it affect the older versions of .Net Framework and VS. and one more thing, i still want my website to use the 2.0 . and i think it should be fine as it hosted on a webserver. but my question is if i develop something in the VWD2008 ( say like feedback page) and then upload it to my website ( which is still in 2005 and 2.0 versions), will it break my site.and can i locally have both working on my computer.Thanks I ap...

Can two different version of .net framwork web site run on same IIS?
We have two web site. one is build under .net1.1 and the other is build under .net2.0. So, It is possible to deployed both web site on same IIS server at Remote server. Most definitely. The only thing to make sure is your sites have the proper version set in their config. You need to make sure you have them set to the version they are (or newer)....

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition...Can't connect to Database
Sorry to bring this topic up again....seems like such a noobie question, however I have done almost everything I can to try to connect to database through the ASP.NET Configuration and then going to  "Provider Configuration". When I first started using this program maybe a week or so ago, I had Windows XP. The only thing that I specified in my firewall was just to give access to VWD, and that was it. But recently after getting Windows Vista, I am sure it is not the operating system, I can't seem to connect to the database. This has been going on for some time now and I hav...

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

Is there a free UML tool which can create class diagrams for Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?
I use Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with C# to create website, I hope to get a class diagrams from a project,is there a free UML tool for Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with C# to do that? Thanks!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Hi, I do not think there is any vwd 2008 addon tool to create uml, except visio. We can import visio diagrams to vs 2008, but visio is not free. There are so many free tool to create uml diagrams, check this list from wikipedia http://en....

How do I open an existing web site in Visual Web Dveloper 2008 Express
I'm really not getting this ASP.NET stuff, so I thought I would open an existing site and see ow it looks... cant seem to do it. I have a few HTML/CSS web sites in xampp/htdocs folder, so I select Open Web Site in Web Developer, go to the directory, and click on the site - just get a blank page, and no CSS. Any suggestions? Richard When you select the directory, what do you see in the Solution Explorer?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." I see the "solution" to my problem: it shows all the files/sub directories in the direct...

How to delete a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
I cannot believe that I am asking a question like this. But goes... How does one delete (remove) a web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition? I looked high and low through the menu system and the toolbars. But I could find what for me would be an obvious menu item the file menu. Feel a bit silly, but I thought I best ask. Maybe I am missing something extremely obvious. So obvious that I am blinded by it. When you create a website through VWD, the default location for saving is: My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\AppName . You can remove the website by deleting that fo...

Web resources about - Can the CTP version run alongside the existing editions? - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Vessels alongside at Felixstowe, 10th March 2014 - YouTube
Cosco Glory, Front Arrow, Rio Charleston, Ningbo Express, APL Shanghai and Thalassa Pistis alongside at Felixstowe on the afternoon of 10th March, ...

Peta Credlin makes first public appearance since Liberal leadership spill alongside Jesinta Campbell
Peta Credlin led the charge at a gathering of some of the most influential women in the country on Tuesday night at the Art Gallery of NSW, as ...

Wallabies mess will only be fixed if Michael Cheika can work alongside Bill Pulver
It doesn't really matter if you think ARU chief executive Bill Pulver should be sacked. Of far greater importance is what Michael Cheika thinks ...

Alleged killer Jonathon Stenberg auditioned for movie role alongside Hugo Weaving, Jack Thompson and ...
JUST days after he allegedly cut the head off his neighbour, Jonathon Stenberg strolled into a film set in a remote Queensland town, and auditioned ...

Cricket All-Stars video, scores: Shane Warne, Sachin Tendulkar play at New York’s Citi Field alongside ...
IT was the greatest gathering of cricketers ever assembled but it had to be Shane Warne who stole the show in the Cricket All-Stars match in ...

Appearance of mystery rock alongside Mars rover Opportunity has tongues wagging
SILICON-based alien life form? Projectile hurled by little-green men? What's the fuss? A shiny rock has mysteriously materialised alongside the ...

Bernard Foley relieved to have Kurtley Beale alongside him
The relief on the face of Waratahs five-eighth Bernard Foley on Wednesday said it all when inside centre Kurtley Beale completed the side's final ...

Souths' Alex Johnston set to play alongside idol Greg Inglis
Alex Johnston once played the part as a young Greg Inglis in the NRL&#8217;s 2009 season ad, now he is set to play alongside his idol.

Dylan Walker thrilled to be playing alongside childhood hero Lote Tuqiri
As a bright-eyed 10-year-old Dylan Walker was too shy to ask Lote Tuqiri, his idol, for a photo. Today, they have struck up an exciting combination ...

Egypt prepares to open new Suez Canal to run alongside the existing 145-year-old waterway
Egypt's new Suez Canal to open in August as part of a multi-billion-dollar project to expand trade along the historic shipping route.