2008 express remember last open files

Is there a way to set 08 express with the abiltiy when you open it anew, that it can remember the last files you had open and retab it the same.

0
deeredealer

Indeed there is.

  1. In VWD Express click Tools, then Options.
  2. Check the box for Show all settings.
  3. Under Environment, select Startup.
  4. On the Startup page set At startup: to Load last loaded solution.

"Peace is Every Step." -Thich Nhat Hanh
0
gsdtech
4/30/2009 1:59:50 AM

Hey...thanks a bunch

0
deeredealer

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

My Visual Web Developer 2008 Express won´t allow me to open new files (the templets seem to be gone) and
in my Event Viewer (I am using Vista) I get a warning, event id 1309 web event. Originaed in ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0. I sort it If you would, please post the error message and what you did to 'sort' it out. Your experience may help others who have a similar issue. Glad you got it fixed.  Thanks, -PrestonPreston BirdwellColumbia, CA USA...

How do I open an existing web site in Visual Web Dveloper 2008 Express
I'm really not getting this ASP.NET stuff, so I thought I would open an existing site and see ow it looks... cant seem to do it. I have a few HTML/CSS web sites in xampp/htdocs folder, so I select Open Web Site in Web Developer, go to the directory, and click on the site - just get a blank page, and no CSS. Any suggestions? Richard When you select the directory, what do you see in the Solution Explorer?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." I see the "solution" to my problem: it shows all the files/sub directories in the direct...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

VWD 2008 Express & SQL Server 2008 Express & Hosting Options
Hey all, go easy on me, this is my first post On my development PC, I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (the free one) along with SQL Server 2008 Express (the free one).  I am building a small scale database application (1 database) and would like to host this on the internet so that others can access it and report back on usability and bugs etc.  It doesn't need to be mega-fast at the moment. I am unsure of what type of hosting to buy, as there are many different options available.  I guess I have the following questions : Is there hosting specific to the...

Use VWD 2008 Express to open Windows 2008/IIS7 site
I'm running a DotNetNuke site on a remote ISP.  I've tried to connect to the site with VWD 2008 Express and it reports that the site does not have FrontPage Extensions installed.  ISP reports that FrontPage Extensions are not supported on Windows 2008/IIS7 site.  Is this true?  Can a Windows 2008/IIS7 site not be opened with VWD 2008 Express?  That doesn't seem logical.  Is there some add-in or other configuration I have to specify in order to connect to a Windows 2008 site?  IIS7 has to have IIS6 compatibility layer installed to work with VW...

vwd express 2008 markup error in Master Page
Hi I was running the VWD 2008 Express version beta and everything worked as I needed it to..Apart from the registration process. I found on a forum it was an error with the program. (I downloaded it then burnt it to a disc) one of the two options. It turns out the way round it is to uninstall the whole package and do a download installation of the latest release. This has resolved the registration issue however every page I open now shows a "Page contains markup that is not valid when attached to master page" The only way round this is to click on the code make a slight change ie p...

Web Site Administration Tool and aspnetdb
The problem occurred when I tried to make some roles or create an user, in WSAP. Before I installed VS2008 and SQL Server express 2008 on my Win XP OS, everything worked fine with VS 2005 and SQL Express 2005. I removed both of older versions and installed new ones. In the beginning I couldn't open Security tab in WSAT I've got some error. Than I searched the Internet for solution: reinstalled VS 2008 added all components required for the server, and reinstalled it too. After some settings I could get into Security tab and make new roles and users, but when I went back in to my proje...

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

Web resources about - 2008 express remember last open files - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

We Can Remember It for You Wholesale (collection) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We Can Remember It for You Wholesale is a collection of science fiction stories by Philip K. Dick . It was first published by Citadel Twilight ...

Sarah Palin - Remember when President Obama promised us,... - Facebook
Remember when President Obama promised us, “If you like your current health care plan, you can keep your plan?” That was not true, and his deceptive... ...

Do you remember Instagram’s top #TBT posts?
... player LeBron James (@ kingjames ) shares a moment from the court in 2000 . Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (@ gabbygiffords ) (D-Ariz.) remembers ...

If I Were 22: Work Won't Remember that Weekend You Didn't Give It. Your Friends Will.
This post is part of a series in which Influencers share lessons from their youth. Read all the stories here.I turned 22 on February 22nd – my ...

Remember The Milk on the App Store on iTunes
Get Remember The Milk on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Remember to Thank All the Books You Haven't Read Over the Past Three Years - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
If I've been more gone from Flickr than usual, it's because I'm preparing for an academic conference on the subject of new trends in serialized ...

Until the next mass shooting, stay safe out there America ... and remember to pray
OPINION: The gun issue reminds me of religion. When people get fundamentalist about it, no good can come.

Traveling this Christmas? Remember these essential Google Maps tricks
Regardless of whether you’re going home this Christmas or whether you’re planning an exotic getaway, the Google Maps app shouldn’t be missing ...

18 iconic quotes and photos to remember John Lennon on the 35th anniversary of his death
John Lennon — legendary singer, songwriter, and co-founder of The Beatles — passed away 35 years ago today. Though The Beatles disbanded in ...