"tab order" in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

 Does anyone know how to set the tab order in visual "web" developer 2008 express...  In 2005 Pro you could just click on "View -> Tab Order" and then click the order of the tabs but it obviously isn't the same in 2008 Express...

0
jasonwsaz

The View->Tab Order is only available for Windows project templates, not Web project templates, so VWD doesn't have that option.

Rachel Appel
MVP - ASPInsider
0
RJA
2/15/2008 4:37:56 PM

 so how do I set the tab order...  Can't I at least do it in the source code?  If so how would I do that?   say I have two asp text boxes...

0
jasonwsaz
2/15/2008 4:57:03 PM

Have a look here http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/tabbing.html and here http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#adef-tabindex

Mikhail
2/15/2008 5:18:03 PM

Here's a sample.  You'll want to set the TabIndex of the fields

http://www.webcheatsheet.com/HTML/controll_tab_order.php

Rachel Appel
MVP - ASPInsider
0
RJA

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
When I use a hyperlink on a webform I get an error in the Designview tab: Error in designtab:   code in sourcetab: </td> Your images are not visible in my browser....what the error message says?Joydeep SenDotnet DeveloperDont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers I try to copy and paste the screenshots here but that isn't working. code in source-tab: <td class="style12"><asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1...

Does anyone know a good "Quick Quiz Builder" for free that would work in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express?
Quick Quiz Builder do u check thiese engine ? http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-04.aspxtotal series :http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/ Sagnik Mukherjee,Thanks. Not that sort of thing. The Quick Quiz Builder are like sort of games that you basically just have to change the wording, just as an add on to the site. I was just wondering for compatibilities with the VWD.  Have a look at:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/xmlquiz.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/IntegratedQuiz.aspxhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Quiz_CShapDotNETSecrets.aspxhttp://www.code...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

No "Publish Website" in Web Developer 2008 Express
I just made my first website with one asp webform page (an emailed form) and one plain html page and am not able to compile it and publish it to the remote server.  Is it just me (I'm a complete newbie at this and stumbling along) or does microsoft actually make you buy the full version to do this?  I mean, why allow one to make an asp site and then not be able to compile it? VWD Express does not have the Publish Website Tool. To publish your website in VWD you would use Copy Web Site under 'Website' in the main menu. With your site open in VWD, click Website>...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Hi, Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.  If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?  My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't ...

Visual Studio 2008 or visaul web developer express 2008?
Hi  Currently I am using the free visual web developer express 2008 software for developng asp.net and c# applications. Is there any advantages of upgrading to visual studio 2008? cheers Have a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Web resources about - "tab order" in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express