Web server and mail server for express edition

Hi,

I'm working with Visual web developer 2005 express edition....I couldn't run programs that sends email (SmtpClient / MailMessage classes) ...I don't have IIS in my system....I'm running my application from the VWD express(ctrl F5)....Is there any way i can get a webserver and a mail server for my windows xp to work with the email programs of ASP.NET.

Thanks in Advance.

0
jerry

You can install the IIS 5.1 from your windows CD. Go to control panel | add & remove programs | then click on the windows components.

You can install the SMTP as well from the CDs

HTH
Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
6/13/2007 10:51:34 AM

Hallo!

Here is the same problem. I am waiting for answers!

ingeniosus
__________________
http://www.plbg.ch
0
ingeniosus

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Is MS Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition work with SQL Server 2005?
Hi, I am new to the SQL Server 2005. I used the MS Visual Web developer 2005 Express Edition to create the website before. Now, I would like to connect the SQL Server 2005 (Standard or professional version) as a database to my website to retrieve the data from it; is that possible?   Thanks. Yes.Steve Wellens My blog Thanks!...

using my sql server express 2005 database on my web server
Hello, I appologie for asking what is possibly  very simple question, but here goes. I have been trying for a while to upload one of my database projects that I have created in Visual web developer to my web host. However every time I try and run the remote version I get the following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Loca...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Deploying web developed with Visual Web Developer Express & SQL Server Express?
I'm working with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and SQL Server Express Edition to create a website.  I read recently that the express edition does not have deployment capability.  Is that correct or did I mis-read something?  If it does not have this capability, is there a tutorial somewhere showing how to deploy with all the proper security elements and connection strings intact?I'm new at this, so need lots of hand-holding.  Thanks!Bruce I'm not sure what you read or what in any way would indicate any database having or not having "deployment capability".&n...

How to export sql server 2005 express for import on web sql server
Hi,  I'm new to SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL.  I've been using Access for year and have not moved on to asp.net for my website.  I understand from 1and1.com that I will need to imort a backup of my SQL Server 2005 Express file to my on site database. I don't find any way to do that.  Please advise as to how I get the express version to work on my site. Thanks! Leesha Did you install the SQL Management Studio?  In the toolkit... JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future rea...

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

Problem when opening the sql server express in visual web developmer express edition
 hii download free starter kit timetraker application( i downloaded both Visual web devaloper and sql server express from the Internet) when i tried to run it it is showing the following errorAn error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)plz give me the solution above error thanks in advance vittal  The s...

Roles & SQL Server 2005 Express with Visual Web Developer Express
Hi I have the following question:My company has SQL Server 7.0 - is there any way of customising Login, profile, role, etc user controls to point at this server rather than SQL Server 2005 Express? If not do these new APIs only use 2005 technology?If you have Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 when you are building your login pages ect will VS 2005 automatically set up the roles, rites, profiles etc of your user controls  in SQL Server 2005?RegardsM.Woolly You are not locked into SQL2005, thats just what it sets up by default you need to run: c:\<Windows>\Microso...

Web resources about - Web server and mail server for express edition - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Jakartans express defiance and return to work after terror attacks
It's business as usual in Indonesian capital after Thursdays terror attacks.

Fred Armisen in his feminist bookstore persona Candace Devereaux reads "Portlandia Travelogue: The Brussels ...
Downloadable free here . A literary train journey on the Brussels to Antwerp Express through the erotic world of European train stations and ...

Walmart Closing 154 Stores In U.S., Ending “Walmart Express” Experiment
Walmart’s five-year dalliance with trying to go small through new “Walmart Express” stores is apparently over. This morning, the company announced ...

Jackson Hewitt Teams Up With American Express To Target The Underbanked This Tax Season
... and underbanked, taxpayers who have their taxes prepared at Jackson Hewitt can opt to have their federal tax refund added to an American Express ...

Siberian Express Expected to Send Temperatures Plummeting
Siberian Express Expected to Send Temperatures Plummeting

Meet Uman, The Gender Fluid Artist Who Taught Herself To Express
Born in Somalia and raised in Kenya in a Muslim household, Uman is redefining outsider art in NYC.