VS.NET 2002 not with VS.NET 2005 Express Edition

Hi!

I installed the VS.NET 2005 Express Edition, on VS.NET 2002 machine and my VS.NET 2002 is stop working, unable to recognize the projects, start compiling the VS.NET 2002 projects first in .NET 2.0 then it wont' recognize a bit.
Take Care,
Mudassir
Mudassir Azeemi
San Francisco, CA

Web: http://www.BonGeek.com
Blog: http://blog.BonGeek.com
0
mmudassir

If you're talking about Web Applications, this is because VWD has set IIS to use the 2.0 Framework by default (which it sounds like you know). You can set the framework default with the command "aspnet_regiis -i -enable" - run it from the framework folder of the version you'd like to be the IIS default, 1.1 or 2.0 (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v....\).

-Scott
Scott

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

Will DW.Net work with VS.Net 2005 Express ?
Will it work with .Net 2005 Express or do I need the full versions? Somebody asked this question on 1/3/06 and it went unanswered. Thanks, Roland But AFAIk in the beta NG Dave answered it ;) The problem is that during the setup it won't be registered in the IDE, but one can add it by hand, this should do the trick. On 20 Feb 2006 07:31:41 -0800, in sybase.public.datawindow.net Roland Smith <topwiz@adelphia.net> wrote: >Will it work with .Net 2005 Express or do I need the full versions? > >Somebody asked this question on 1/3/06 and it went unanswered. ...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Upgrade VS.NET Pro 2003 Special Edition TO VS.NET 2005?
Does anyone know if it will be possible to upgrade VS.NET Pro 2003 Special Edition TO VS.NET 2005? Thanks....

VS.NET 2008 next to VS.NET 2005
I have VS.NET 2005 on my PC and want to test VS.NET 2008 Beta 2. Can I install it next to VS.NET 2005?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".  Yes you can have both VS 2008 and VS 2005 on your same machine.  Please note installing the dot net framework 3.5 will install service pack 1 for .net framework 2.0 and 3.0.   http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/07/vs2008-installation-experience.htmlSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Does the installation give me a choice somewhere?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". I'm looking to the same... I would like to install VS 2008 beta on my existing machine with VS 2005.  I already have the service pack 1 installed. I'm just worried VS 2008 (3.5) beta will pork my existing VS 2005 (2.0).  Also I'm running it on a Vista (Ultimate) box.  Anyone aware of other issuse, pitfalls or suggestions (besides imageing my drive), before I make this bold move? Thanks in advance.  Sharka JohanNL: I have VS.NET 2005 on my PC and want to test VS.NET 2008 Beta 2. Can I install it next to VS.NET 2005?   Does it gives a choice somewhere Well you can install VS 2005 and VS2008 beta2 on the same pc and both will work fine if thats what you me...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

Migration issues from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.  List of Error:  1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.   List of Warnings: 1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.   2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

VS.Net 2003 Conversion to VS.Net 2005 issues
I've recently installed and started using VS.Net 2005 and have converted a web service solution to .Net 2.0 which works fine. I have an ASP.Net application [still .Net 1.1] that consumed this web service and now I cannot get it to work. Previously this was referencing the binary created for the web service but obviously this binary is no longer created. I have changed this reference to a web reference and now use the WSDL files i've generated from the web service but I get the following error.// Error DetailsException Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error m...

What is the difference better VS 2005 and VS 2005 Web Developer Express Edition?
What isi the difference between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005 ? Which one should I Install as beta on my PC?   Take a look at this post./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog So How do I obtain VS 2005 Beta version? You can for example buy a MSDN Subscription. You can download the express product form the folllowing site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog Can someone guide me to the latest builds of VS 2005 Web Developer Express Edition, SQL 2005 , XM and ASP.NET 2 frame work. I am finding it hard to make all of them to work. Its really frustrating !!! http://msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog Hello, As Fredrik said through a MSDN Subscription you can access to VS 2005 Beta versions. But if you can't afford this, there is another solution. Ordering Beta editions at no cost, just paying for Postage & Packing it is also available through this link I'm not hundred percent sure if we have access to all the versions, but you get one of them almost for free.  If I'm not wrong Beta 1 shipped to Spain was around 10 US Dollars... nothing compared with all the hours I've been playing around with the tools. Greetings.   VB .Net Coder - Apologize my C# nescienceBest Regards....

VS.NET 2005 (June) fails to install SQL Express 2005?
Hello, Thanks for reviewing my question.  I have been struggling with trying to install VS.NET 2005 (June) and it fails to install the 2005 SQL Express.  It reports: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86: [2] Component Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86 returned an unexpected value."  Any advice? I have was able to successfully install the SQL 2005 Server before I installed the VS.NET 2005 June but it complained about the .NET Framework 2.0 because it tried to install it even though it was there.Is there a certain order when ...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Switch back from using VS.Net 2005 to VS.Net 2003
Hi All, Last Month I installed VS.Net 2005 using Framework 2.0 beta 1. Everything worked great using VS.Net 2005. Today, I decided to switch back to VS.Net 2003. I need to do some other projects that has been developed using Framework 1.1. When I open my ASP.Net project using VS.Net 2003, I got this error "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web Project located at the following URL:....... 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without uninstall VS.Net2005 and reinstall VS.Net2003? Great...

both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE
Edited by moderator XIII: please use a normal font size: Hi I have my computer Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Framwork 1.1 and all propram are runing VS .NET 2003 . I want to load my computer VS .NET 2005 and Framwork 2.0. I am not Interest to uninstalled VS .NET 2003 AND Framwork 1.1. I want both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE . PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY PROBLEM ARE THER IF VS ..NET 2003 AND 2005 ARE SAME COMPUTER. Please help me. Saikat Hi, I have both the frameworks and IDE's installed on my dev laptop without any problems. However if you wish t...

VS.net 2003 and SQL server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,  I am a beginner to VS.net.I have VS.net 2003 (IIS 5.1) on a WIndows XP media centre edition. I intend to use SQL server 2005 express edition with it. Is it adviceable? Are there any compatibility issues? I am sorry if this query is too simplistic. thnks sat ...

NET Framework 1.1 in VS Web Express 2005
Dear sirs, I was tried developer with VS NET 2003 and VS Web Dev. Express 2005 Beta 2. I hat VS 2003! Webforms for insert controls with toolbox, auto codebehind, etc.I like VS WDE 2005 Beta 2! It's much more easy who VS 2003! Insert controls with toolbox in code, etc.But my host enterprise works with NET Framework 1.1... no app_code, etc...It's possible woks with NET 1.1 using VS Web Dev Express 2005? Ho do I do to make this?I'm sorry by my poor english! :-)Thank you so much!RAMON ROCHAfrom Brazil Hello Ramon, The answer to your question is no. VWD 2K5 is tied to .net 2 and ...

Check Accessibility using VS.Net 2005 Express Edition
Hi All,I want to validate my web pages for WCAG.I am wondering the check accessibility option from Tools Menu is available for VS.Net 2005 Express Edition.As it doesn't show any other option as well.I haven't got any answer as MSDN and google. Please help.Thanks Ramzan  Seems like no :(In a codeproject article, they say "You can use the integrated Visual Web Developer Accessibility Checker (available in Visual Studio Standard Edition and above only)" ...

In Vs.Net 2005, grid does not come up in designer like in VS.net 2003
Hi, I am using VS.Net 2005. Previously I used VS.Net 2003. In 2003, whenever i add a new file it used to display the page in grids that helps me moving the controls and aligning it. But in 2005, i could not come up with an option that can show the grid with dots in the designer. Am i missing any setting here?   Regards, Jagadeesh   Turn on first checkbox for Absolute Positioning on the options page Tools | Options, HTML Designer, CSS Positioning.  From that point on controls dragged to the page will be absolutely positioned.-DanThis posting is provided "AS I...

Is it possible to install vs.net 2003 ans vs.net 2005 on the same machine ?
hello, All:             I am use the vs.net 2003 on my computer ,now I want to install vs.net 2005 on  the same machine .             is it possible to do it ?  when I install vs.net 2005 finish,anything special need to be config ?   thanks in advanced!   Yes you can install both.  You will need the 2.o/3.0 version of the framework for 2005, and if you run 1.1 and 2.0+ apps on IIS you'll need to set up sepaarte application pools (IIS6). JeffP...

Web resources about - VS.NET 2002 not with VS.NET 2005 Express Edition - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express
Congratulations, you're now registered! Let us know what news and updates you want to hear about and we'll send them straight to your inbox. ...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

MV Colombo Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
a title it held until the Emma Mærsk was launched in 2006. Colombo Express holds 8,749 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU), 730 refrigerated ...

Civil rights groups and tech companies express support for Apple’s stand against the FBI
Civil rights organizations have expressed strong support for Apple’s resistance to a court order instructing it to create special firmware that ...

Panda Express Taps Havas Formula to Help Tell Values-Based Stories
Panda Express has hired Havas Formula as its PR and social media agency as the family-owned American Chinese food chain looks to build emotional ...

Facebook is ready to let you express more emotions now
Citizens of Facebook, you will now be permitted to express these six feelings. All other emotions are forbidden. (credit: Facebook) "We know ...

Cubs' Kris Bryant named EXPRESS brand ambassador
Kris Bryant was&amp;nbsp;named a brand ambassador for EXPRESS Thursday. The brand teased&amp;nbsp;Bryant's involvement on their social media&amp;nbsp;accounts ...

Facebook wants to help you better express your feelings
Social network announces global availability of Reactions, a collection of emojis designed to convey more nuanced emotions than a "like" button ...