Visual web developer 2005 express crashes on "save all"

Hi all,

after a few minutes of working with vwd, and saving my site by clicking the "save all" icon in the toolbar (or on auto-save), vwd often crashes.

My system:

AMD 1400+ Athlon
320 MB ram
40 GB Harddrive
Windows XP SP2

The following message is shown in the event log:

Faulting application vwdexpress.exe, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333d0c3, faulting module vswebdesign.dll, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333ec87, debug? 0, fault address 0x001708ac.

I already tried replacing my memory, but it didn't help.

Does somebody know what's up?

TIA,

Bram

0
Bram23

The first thing to determine is, does this happen with every new site you create or only with one particular site.  If it is every new site, then try a differnet location (http://localhost if you have IIS installed, or a different location on your local drive).

Follow the steps in the 1-March-2006 post in this thread: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1236980.aspx on how to install Windows debugging tools and how to generate a call stack.  If the call stack is less than 1K you could post it here which would give more info.

-Dan
danmor

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Can I develop our company's internal application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
Dear All, Can I develop our company's internal WEB application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? Any constraint or strict if using "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? For example, user connections / database size (we are going to use mdb not sql server express). We are going to develop a simple Job Request management system for our department, are there any template download for reference (IT help desk).  Regards, Owen   Visual Web Dev 2005 does not have any limitations that it imposes that I know of.  It's actually quite fully featured-...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

I really Need Help with " Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" with Password Recovery !
I created a Database type in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition that users can register them selves and create pass and store their email....etc..  And I made an Option for them to Recover their Password but after that it asks their Username then Secure Question and then after that instead of sending the password to their entered email it Give me an error...Could anyone Please! Help me..... I really need to know how to let it send the password automatically to their saved email address...And another thing which is very important " How should i upload my files to the Ser...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?
 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)URL:     ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.NETFramework.v20.chs/dv_VWDcon/html/296c0be6-9ad5-4104-9a1b-a853986fa1a3.htm The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express helpI have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"? I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank! To create a member...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Web resources about - Visual web developer 2005 express crashes on "save all" - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express