using AJAX controls with a non AJAX enabled website?

I am using VWD 2005, and have just installed ASP.NET AJAX 1.0/Toolkit. I have an existing website which is not obviously AJAX enabled (because I have only just installed AJAX). If I want to use AJAX controls with this website do I first need to 'upgrade' the website to AJAX enabled? and if so how do I do this?

Cheers MArco

Marco Gwiliani

0
marco

http://www.asp.net/LEARN/webcasts/webcast-141.aspx
Thanks and Regards

S.K.Vignesh
----------------------
Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue
0
skvignesh
1/1/2009 1:15:25 PM
This

http://ishwarnataraj.blogspot.com/2008/06/ajaxify-aspnet-20-apps-with-ajax-10.html

Can help if you have a slow connection and video is not downloadable
Thanks and Regards

S.K.Vignesh
----------------------
Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue
0
skvignesh
1/1/2009 1:18:12 PM

This is the video, just requires some updates to the web.config and a ScriptManager adding to any page with an AJAX control:

http://www.asp.net/LEARN/ajax-videos/video-81.aspx

Marco Gwiliani

0
marco

Concerns about using AJAX controls in a Non AJAX enabled Website
Platform VS 2005, VB.net  I created my existing asp.net Website without AJAX controls and today I ran into a situation where I need to use an AJAX control.  I download the AJAX Extensions and AJAX Control ToolKit.  I would like to add a calendar extension control to one of my existing webpages that has a Formview1 control. I thinking just like the example, add a script manager control to the page and the calendar extension and everything should work without me have to redo the whole web application or page in a AJAX enabled website.  I not su...

How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project
I have VS2005 with Ajax extended controls.   i have created a Web Control Library project, but i want to use ajax controls. is it possible.   I do not want to create a ajax enabled web site, but looking if any possible in my web control library project.   Please let me know and thanks in advance. D Hi, Yes. If you want to create User Control which contains a lot of web controls and Ajax control, you can create an User Control with Ajax Control to achieve it. If you want to create a Custom Control with Ajax, I suggest you build a new Extender. Please check the...

Configure AJAX extensions to enable AJAX controls ***WITHOUT*** using web.config file
I've inherited a legacy application that has many issues.  I'm not going to get into specifics or debates about what *should* be done; I know what *should* be done, but right now I have to <sigh> 'get 'er done'.So here's what I need to do:I need to get the AJAX controls working WITHOUT using the configuration file.  Of course things work great if I update the configuration file declaritively, but that's not option.Now with WF I can set my managers (such as adding the persistence service or adding the manual scheduler service) declaritively or in co...

Use of Ajax in WebSite which is not Ajax enabled.
How to use Ajax in a web site which is not Ajax enabled. When i tried to implemet the same i recieved an error saying "Sys" not defined. What should i do now.  "Sys is not defined" error - ASP.NET Forumsdid you try to just copy web.config file of a Ajax Enabled Application to your Web Application  which is not Ajax Enabled ??Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that memb...

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

Is it possible to host AJax enabled and non Ajax enabled websites on the same production server
I have Non Ajax enabled websites hosted on our server and i want to my next web application to be Ajax enabled. Iam just not sure if i will be able to host both sites on the same server i.e Ajax enabled and non Ajax enabled on the same production server.  Iam using ASP.net 2.0 and Visual web developer 2005 express along side sql server 2005 express edition with advanced services.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi Nick Asiimwe, It is possible to host Ajax enabled and non Ajax enabled website...

Ajax-Enabled Web Site vs Ajax Control Toolkit Web Site
I just start to use Ajax and noticed when I create a new web site from command menu, I have two options, ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site from "Visual Studio installed templates" and AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site from "My templates". The first option created prefix like <ajaxToolkit:###> while the second created prefix with <cc1:#####>. Can you point me the differences between those two templates.  Thanks! The Ajax Control Toolkit has around 40 controls which works on top of Core Ajax Framework. Starting with the Control Toolkit template will ensur...

How do I use AJAX controls when my site was not created with AJAX enabled?
My site is not originally created with AJAX Conotrol Toolkit Web Site. How do I use the TabContainer and TabPanel? Step 1 - Add the following references to your project... .NET: System.Web.Extensions .NET: System.Web.Extensions.Design PROJECT / BROWSE: AjaxControlToolkit Step 2 - Modify your web.config (add in the bits you don't have)   <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"> <s...

Making a non-ajax web application ajax enabled
How do you make a non-ajax web application ajax enabled?  Thanks. Heres a good article: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! var ajax = true;No, seriously though, what is it you want to do?Happily, part of the answer is "start off with an application that doesn't depend on Javascript". Douglas Greenshields"Mark-up first, frameworks second!" bullpit: Heres a good article: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx   thanks...

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

Moving from non-Ajax to Ajax-enabled web-application
Hi there I was so far developing web-application without AJAX. But now i want to move to developing Ajax-enabled web-application. However, in my existing non-Ajax web-application i don't find the AJAX controls such as Update Panel and all other........ Am I missing adding anything?? Would I need to do any additional work in order to make my existing non-Ajax application AJAX-enabled?? Is it a simple process to make non-Ajax application Ajax-enabled? Your early replies will be appreciated. Thanks, Zulfiqar Dhuka If you are using .net 2.0 framework you have to install the ...

Enabling ajax to a non-ajax-enabled site
I REALLY dont want to start over with all i've done just to enable ajax... i understand that it's a matter of editing my web.config, but i've tried it several times and all i've gotten was build errors.... any chance someone can post an ajax enabled web.config with my parameters in there? I'd sooooooooo appreciate it!! Thanks!     <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=*removed...

Ajax Control Toolkit vs. Ajax Enabled Web Site Template
Hi, After installed the Ajax extension, we have Ajax Enabled Web Site template in our Visual Studio, after installed the Control Toolkit extension, we have another Control Toolkit template, what is the difference of these two template? I can't figure out the different since both works for me. I believe the only difference is that the toolkit template automatically references the toolkit.  Both should have made the web.config changes needed to make the site ASP.NET AJAX enabled.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… co...

Web resources about - using AJAX controls with a non AJAX enabled website? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

WA fires: Harvey set for evacuation as Waroona fires burn out-of-control
The WA town of Harvey is set to be evacuated as a bushfire that already destroyed Yarloop continues to rage out-of-control.

Chipotle Sued For Not Disclosing Food Quality Control Problems To Stockholders
... afternoon . According to Reuters , the lawsuit claims that the burrito chain hurt investors by failing to let them know that “quality controls ...

Lyin' Ryan Shoots Blanks At Gun Control Policies
When President Barack Obama issued the executive order for reasonable gun control policies by closing the loophole regarding background checks, ...

Former Football Star Trashes Obama’s Gun Control Plan
Former Football Star Trashes Obama’s Gun Control Plan

Hollywood Backs Obama On Gun Control, NRA Has “Blood On Their Hands”
... one conservative leaning producer told Deadline today of the President's executive orders of earlier this week for "common sense" gun control ...

Volvo Updates Its Car Control App With Voice Commands
Volvo owners will be able to turn on the heat, lock the car and other tasks using voice commands through a smartband for the first time.

DEBATING GUNS Obama takes aim at NRA, defends gun control push
DEBATING GUNS Obama takes aim at NRA, defends gun control push

Obama to Dems: Back my gun-control play or I won’t campaign for you
It turns out that Barack Obama wants to play hardball on gun control with everyone . The President penned an essay for the New York Times which ...

Implant That Controls Sperm With On/Off Switch Could Become A Thing
... out of the pages of a sci-fi novel. A German carpenter named Clemens Bimek has invented a form of male contraception meant to let men control ...