Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens

Hi ,

I have downloaded visual web developer express edition to a CD. When I clicked the setup.exe file I got the message that installation is already running. However the setup is not happening. The task manager shows the process vwdsetup.exe running, but I havent been able to setup the express edition.

I had a similar problem when i tried the installation by direct download from the web.

wHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

0
docsridhar

Did you turn off the computer and turn it back on?  Stop the process and try again?  Anything other than run setup and then post a message here?

Jeff

jeff
8/30/2006 8:47:30 AM

Tried re-starting computer, and stopping the process and tried again. No use.

Previously I had installed the Visual studio 2005 trial edition and the time period of 3 months got over. I have uninstalled that. I allso downloaded the autouninstaller from the setup site, but it gave the message that there are no files to be uninstalled.

Presently the following programs are present on my pc:

SQL server native client

Visual J# redistributable package

SQL server  native client

.NET compact framework 2.0

.NET  framework 1.1

.NET framework 2.0

Device emulator version 1.0

Microsoft Away mode

Microsoft Document explorer 2005

Do I need to uninstall any of these files??

Please help.

0
docsridhar

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Web Developer Express Edition vs. Visual Studio Express Edition
Can someon summzrize the difference between these two tools and why I should use one versus the other? My goal is to learn ASP.NET with VB Hi, Visual Web Developer Express edition is the tool for starting with ASP.NET. Visual Studio Express Editions are for developing desktop applications and component libraries. You'll get a good start at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU well that is easy Visual web Developer is asp.net and is what you will want to use to learn asp.net with VB. the visual studio Express Editions are just the VB ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?
The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition, when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below: //--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application. Pr...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Web Matrix
Hello, I am using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to build web sites in ASP.NET 1.1 / VB. I need to keep using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000. Can I install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express? I would use Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to work as I usually do. At same time I would get used to Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Thank You, Miguel VWD can coexists with Web Matrix. I am not sure, however, if SQL 2005 can run on the same box with SQL 2000. You do can, however, use VWD with SQL 2000.Thanks------...

Error when install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in Vista Home Edition
I was trying to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition downloaded from http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/ in my Windows Vista Home Edition and it failed, saying an error as: Error occurred during setup: The following component was not attempted: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU Followed with a popup window from Program Compactibility Assistant saying: This program might not have installed correctly. If the program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.Program: IExpress S...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Nylex site developer's previous work under investigation by building authority
The developer behind a proposed $1 billion redevelopment of Richmond's Nylex site is under investigation by the state building authority for ...

Maroubra home sells at auction to a developer for $2.36 million - DailyTelegraph Search Search
A MAROUBRA house sold for $2.36 million under the hammer, shattering the reserve price by $160,000.

Maroubra home sells at auction to a developer for $2.36 million
A MAROUBRA house sold for $2.36 million under the hammer, shattering the reserve price by $160,000.

Google launches Unity plugin to help developers make Chromecast-compatible games
Google has today launched the Google Cast Remote Display plugin for Unity, in hopes that developers will now be able to more easily bring their ...

Developer looks to Larkinville for Central Terminal inspiration
An emerging plan to restore and revive Buffalo Central Terminal would look to Larkinville for inspiration, according to the Canadian developer ...

An app developer says Microsoft didn't pay it for 5 months — until the company complained on Twitter
The developer of Fhotoroom, a Windows-only photo editing app, complained on Twitter that Microsoft failed to pay the company over five months. ...

Data is everything, now learn to master it as a developer [Deals]
Understanding and working with data is key to how organizations large and small make and measure their impact. Mastering data can give you new ...

Life is Strange developer Dontnod talks about its new RPG, Vampyr
If there’s one thing you can’t deny about Dontnod, it’s that it's incredibly thematically varied. If it’s not futuristic memory hunters in Remember ...