Problem: Web Deployment Projects and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express

I can't get Web Deployment Projects to work in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. I've tried to reinstall/repair both WDP and VWD, but I still not get Add Web Deployment Project command in the Build menu.

What I'm doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

Please help me...

0
Mr

Web Deployment projects are only supported in VS Standard and above. The reason is that Express editions do not have extensibility mechanisms that full version of VS has.

Mikhail
1/20/2006 5:39:57 PM

What I do to deploy the projects is to manually compile the website using the aspnet_compile.exe from the 2.0 framework. I've made a simple program so I don't have to type everything all the time. give it a try.

adpnet_compile.exe -v /virtualpath /deploypath

0
jcakec

using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition
can we use Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition?Regards,God Bless India NEVER FORGET TO MARK THIS AS ANSWER IF HELPFUL, THUS IT WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO. Hi, junaidsherief: can we use Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition? Web Deployment Projects are not supported in Visual Web Developer Express Edition. To use it, we need to have Standard Edition, Professional Edition, etc.   Thanks.Thomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unm...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Deploying a web site from Visual Web developer 2005 Express edition
Does anyone know how to deploy a web site from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition?...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Deploying web developed with Visual Web Developer Express & SQL Server Express?
I'm working with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and SQL Server Express Edition to create a website.  I read recently that the express edition does not have deployment capability.  Is that correct or did I mis-read something?  If it does not have this capability, is there a tutorial somewhere showing how to deploy with all the proper security elements and connection strings intact?I'm new at this, so need lots of hand-holding.  Thanks!Bruce I'm not sure what you read or what in any way would indicate any database having or not having "deployment capability".&n...

Web site with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I am very new to .NET so please bare with me.  I am in a web development college course and we are doing are web application in ASP.NET using C#.  One of my group members came across Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and showed us how easy it makes making a web page with login features. I was looking at the FAQ for VWD 2005 Express here: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/faq/default.aspx#vwd and it has this question: Can I build and deploy applications using the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 1? No. During the Beta 1 timeframe we want customers...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Web Matrix vs Visual Web Developer Express 2005
I recently applied to a job and without knowing it it turned out to be a ASP job but my background is Java. The interviewer mentioned Web Matrix as to how she learned ASP which is great but it seems everything is ASP.net which is fine but Web Matrix apparently isn't compatible with ASP.net 2.0. If I'm trying to learn ASP.net should I used Web Matrix or Visual Web Developer Express? ASP.NET 1.1 -> Web MatrixASP.NET 2.0 -> Web DeveloperRegards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP www.msdeveloper.info ...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Web Matrix
Hello, I am using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to build web sites in ASP.NET 1.1 / VB. I need to keep using Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000. Can I install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express? I would use Web Matrix with Microsoft SQL 2000 to work as I usually do. At same time I would get used to Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Thank You, Miguel VWD can coexists with Web Matrix. I am not sure, however, if SQL 2005 can run on the same box with SQL 2000. You do can, however, use VWD with SQL 2000.Thanks------...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

Web resources about - Problem: Web Deployment Projects and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Rosetta: close orbits to lander deployment (annotated) - YouTube
Animation showing Rosetta’s orbit in the lead up to, during and after lander separation. The animation begins on 1 October 2014, when Rosetta ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

South China Sea: US agrees to spy plane deployment in Singapore
The United States has agreed with Singapore on a first deployment of the US P8 Poseidon spy plane in Singapore this month, in a fresh response ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...