no "enable editing" "enable deleting" "enable updating"

In my visual studio 2005 beta1,there is no "enable editing", "enable deleting", "enable updating"options. why? is the vision wrong??thanks!
0
caiter999

Which control are you talking about?
/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
8/30/2004 3:18:49 PM
"gridview" control!!
0
caiter999
8/30/2004 3:39:27 PM
I have, so you should also have it if you create a data source for the GridView control in the design view and make sure you have specified the Insert and Update Command for the DataSource.

You can also add a CommandField to the GridView columns
<asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True" ShowDeleteButton="True" ShowEditButton="True"></asp:CommandField>
to display commands button, or create a button control with a CommadName attrbiute set to either "Update", "Edit" or "Delete"

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
8/30/2004 4:48:05 PM
In vs2003,my odbc data source(sybase database) works correct.But in VWD2005,it reports

"Schema could not be retrieved for this table. Please make sure the connection settings are correct and that the database is online".i think the reason perhaps is it .do you think?
0
caiter999

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Difference between "Read Only" and "Enable"
Hi there!!! I just want to ask one question about property box If i have a textBox.... i have a property "Read Only" and "Enable" I can not see crucial difference an in both cases and users will not be allowd to type on them so can you explain to me what is the difference and what if i choose one or the other how the behaviour will be changed Thank you for reading this message !!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com To behaviour there is no difference ... But how it is displayed in your browser will be di...

No "Update" or "Delete"!
Hi,I am using the dataset wizard to connect to a SQL database. The wizard creates my dataset and generates  "Select" and "Insert" statements but no "Update" or "delete". What can be the reason? By the way, this happens only on certain tables and not on others. I just can't figure out what the difference between these tables is. And, they all have a primary key. Actually I found this error before, running the configuration for the table again gives me that, sometimes I had to delete the table and start again. Hope this helps, let me...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

replace the "." with a ","

"Me" is better than "You"

Using "+" or "||"

double quote

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Using" or "With"

"To" and "From" missing

Web resources about - no "enable editing" "enable deleting" "enable updating" - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express