I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?

 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help

Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)

The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help

I have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"?
I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank!

To create a membership user

1. From the Website menu, click ASP.NET Configuration.

2. Select the Security tab, click the link to use the Security Setup Wizard, and then click Next.

3. Proceed to Step 2 of the wizard and select the From the Internet option.

The wizard displays a page where you can select the authentication method that your Web site will use.

This option specifies that your application will use Forms authentication, where users will log into the application using a login page that you will create later in this walkthrough.

4. Click Next.

The wizard displays the current default provider (data access component) that will be used to store membership information. For this walkthrough, it is sufficient to use the default provider, which stores membership information in a data file in the Application_Data folder of your Web site.

Note:
In production applications that will support a substantial number of users, it is preferable to store membership information in a SQL Server using the AspNetSqlProvider. For more information, see Web Site Administration Tool Provider Tab and Installing the SQL Server Provider Database.

5. Click Next.

The wizard displays an option to create roles. You will perform this step separately later in the walkthrough. Therefore, do not select the Enable roles for this web site check box.

6. Click Next.

The wizard displays a page where you can create new users.

7. Enter information that defines a user of your application. Use the following values as guidelines. You can use any values that you like, but be sure to note your entries for later in the walkthrough.

User Name   Your name (with no spaces), or a sample name.

Password   A password. A strong password is recommended (one that includes uppercase and lowercase letters, punctuation, and that is at least eight characters long).

E-mail   Your personal e-mail address. Later in the walkthrough you will send yourself an e-mail message, so you need a legitimate e-mail address.

Security Question and Security Answer   Type a question and answer that can be used later if you need to recover your password.

Click Create User.

The wizard displays a confirmation page.

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr

The membership tool will reject passwords that are not considered strong passwords. I am not sure of the exact rules but typically they require:
1) Minimum of 7 characters
2) Must include at least one non-alphanumeric character.

The RTM version of the Web Administration Tool was changed to display the password requirements rather than just "Re-enter Password".
Bill Hiebert

Visual Studio Web Tools
0
billhie
8/18/2005 7:09:19 PM

I've just been battling with the same problem for ages and initailly reinstalled everything to make sure I had correct versions. I had tried passwords with numbers but it seems you need a symbol as well. Maybe the tutorial could mention this!

0
aeia
9/5/2005 6:07:59 PM
You can also configure your web.config file to remove the alphanumeric requirement:

<membership defaultProvider="MyMembershipProvider">

<providers>

<add connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" passwordAttemptWindow="10"

enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"

applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed"

minRequiredPasswordLength="4" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" name="MyMembershipProvider"

type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />

</providers>

</membership>

0
toleph
9/6/2005 9:14:41 AM
I found that the file that needs changed is the machine.config file located in the \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\CONFIG folder.

all I had to do was add the "minRequiredPasswordLength" & "minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters" lines of codes to the file.
0
GregMalenky

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

I really Need Help with " Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" with Password Recovery !
I created a Database type in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition that users can register them selves and create pass and store their email....etc..  And I made an Option for them to Recover their Password but after that it asks their Username then Secure Question and then after that instead of sending the password to their entered email it Give me an error...Could anyone Please! Help me..... I really need to know how to let it send the password automatically to their saved email address...And another thing which is very important " How should i upload my files to the Ser...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Can I develop our company's internal application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
Dear All, Can I develop our company's internal WEB application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? Any constraint or strict if using "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? For example, user connections / database size (we are going to use mdb not sql server express). We are going to develop a simple Job Request management system for our department, are there any template download for reference (IT help desk).  Regards, Owen   Visual Web Dev 2005 does not have any limitations that it imposes that I know of.  It's actually quite fully featured-...

Visual web developer 2005 express crashes on "save all"
Hi all,after a few minutes of working with vwd, and saving my site by clicking the "save all" icon in the toolbar (or on auto-save), vwd often crashes.My system:AMD 1400+ Athlon320 MB ram40 GB HarddriveWindows XP SP2The following message is shown in the event log:Faulting application vwdexpress.exe, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333d0c3, faulting module vswebdesign.dll, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333ec87, debug? 0, fault address 0x001708ac.I already tried replacing my memory, but it didn't help.Does somebody know what's up?TIA,Bram  The first thing to determine is, ...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

ERROR: "Visual Web Developer does not support opening Sharepoint web sites." HELP
Hi all, I am having trouble opening/creating a web site on a server running sharepoint services.I am opening/creating an ASP.Net website using Visual Studio 2005. I'm on my development machine running Windows XP.The server I am trying to open/create it on is a Windows 2003 server.It is always give me this error: "Visual Web Developer does not support opening Sharepoint web sites. See help for more details".I have read read very old posts about this error, but none of the info was about to solve the problem for me.Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with th...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Web resources about - I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express