Cannot uninstall Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Beta 2

Hi,

I am trying to uninstall Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Beta 2 and I see this
problem:

"Setup is unable to determine a valid ordering for the installation. See the
error log for futher details."

But in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Visual Web Developer
2005 Express Edition Beta 2- English\Logs there are no logs, where are them?

thanks

Lorenzo
John 3:16
0
lorenzosjb

Look in your temp directory under the current user

example

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp\
0
Octurus

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

New to 2.0
I've been developing in Visual Studio .Net 2002/3 for a few years now. Because of obvious reasons, I installed VWD2005Exp to familiarize myself with .Net 2.0 and when I use this code in the body of my page, I get different results. Basically, it seems that there is a small break between the table rows (<tr>) within the main table (<table id="main">). I'm not sure why, but I believe it is the 2005 environment (W3C standards, etc.). Is there a css file referenced somewhere by default that I need to alter? (I really want to get away from using tables and cells and use more css, but ...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?
The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition, when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below: //--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application. Pr...

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

How to Create a Simple Web Form for Go Daddy hosted site from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Edition
I have spent all weekend trying to make my simple form mail WORK.  And now, much forum hunting and Go Daddy calling later, I want to post what I have learned, hoping to save another newbie a loooooong weekend.  So here goes:1) If you don't have one already, create an e-mail account at Go Daddy.  It will take about 15 minutes to become active.  Write down your user id and password, then forge ahead with the rest of this.  It will take you less than an hour, depending on how detailed your form is.2) Create your form in MS VWD 2005 X ed using the Wizard tool...

Please help me: How do I UNinstall Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2?
I am trying to find out how to uninstall this software from my computer could you help me please?Many many thanks      Frognovice Same as any other program. Open Control Panel, open Add Or Remove Programs, click on Visual Web Developer..., then click the Change/Remove button and follow the instructions on the screen. Control Panel - Add Remove Programs - Visual Web Developer Express Edition Beta2.-- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web Matrix vs Vis Web Dev 2005 Express
Hi - i'm looking to upsize MS Access DBs to SQL Server and also migrate to web vs LAN- Yesterday downloaded SQL Server 2005 express and Vis web Debveloper Express as learning tools (haven't yet installed) Today ran across Web Matrix - which appears to be for earlier versions of .Net Are Matrix and Web Developer express similar? Can someone fill me in - which should i be learning? thanks  Just to make sure you're clear, Web Matrix is for ASP.NET 1.1 and VWD is for ASP.NET 2.0.While Web Matrix met a need, Visual Web Developer is by far the superior tool.  If you have the op...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

Web resources about - Cannot uninstall Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Beta 2 - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express

Developers See Surge of Negative Reviews with New App Uninstall Flow
... made a small but significant tweak to the way applications are reviewed: now, Facebook is prompting users to review applications in the uninstall ...

Why you should uninstall Adobe Flash Player
Comment: Security holes, major or minor, pop up in Flash all the time. Adobe should finally retire it for good.

Microsoft tells Windows 10 users to uninstall Office
Microsoft today took the unusual step of telling users running Windows 10's Technical Preview to uninstall Office before applying one of December's ...

Microsoft urges customers to uninstall 'Blue Screen of Death' update
Microsoft is quietly recommending that customers uninstall one of last week's security updates after users reported that it crippled their computers ...

VIDEO: John McAfee teaches you how to uninstall Antivirus
... salts’ and taking his clothes off Antivirus software pioneer and mentalist John McAfee has released a new YouTube video entitled ‘How To Uninstall ...

Apple releases new Java update, uninstalls Apple-provided Java applet plug-ins
... improved security, reliability, and compatibility for Java SE 6″. The update is available in the Mac App Store. Of note, the updates “uninstalls ...

AppJolt Releases Solution for Monetizing App Uninstalls
... and create additional revenue opportunities, has announced the release of its new SDK, which allows Android developers to monetize their uninstall ...

Uninstall Real Player NOW
What a piece of crap that software is. It just took over my computer tonight. Ate up 100% of my processor, all on its won, without warning. I ...

New Android apps worth downloading: Uninstall Master (Uninstaller), avast! Mobile Backup, Re-Mission ...
Take care of your Android device with a great pair of apps leading today’s Apps Worth Downloading column. Up first is Uninstall Master, which ...

Diving into M: Launcher lets you uninstall from homescreen, lockscreen gets minor change too
... happened through the app drawer, but no longer. Now dragging on icons on the home screen gives you the option of simply removing them or uninstalling ...