Cannot editing data in a data Control

I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps:

1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page.

2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1.

3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source.

4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard.

5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements check box, but this box is unable/disable.

I try to connect with both SQL Server 2005 full edition and Express edition, neither works.

Is it because it's Express edition?

Can any help please.

Thanks,

yabing

0
yabing

The table you are trying to access must have a primary key defined.

It is needed by the Update and Delete logic.

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
11/8/2008 3:04:41 PM

All the tables of SQL Server from the Sage Group plc have unique index, but keys.

cheers,

yabing

0
ybc