Can I develop our company's internal application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"

Dear All,

Can I develop our company's internal WEB application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? Any constraint or strict if using "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"? For example, user connections / database size (we are going to use mdb not sql server express).

We are going to develop a simple Job Request management system for our department, are there any template download for reference (IT help desk).

 Regards,

Owen

0
OWEN

Visual Web Dev 2005 does not have any limitations that it imposes that I know of.  It's actually quite fully featured--I've used it twice so far for whole sites when I did not have access to Visual Studio.

This site has a starter kits' section that may be useful to you: http://www.asp.net/downloads/starterkits/default.aspx?tabid=62

Picky
0
pickyh3d

This one would give you more ideas! hope it helps.

Visual Studio Product Feature Comparisons

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx

0
GeorgeZ
12/29/2006 6:25:10 AM
That's good, Thanks a lot!
0
OWEN
12/29/2006 7:37:10 AM
Have also look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx

Mikhail
12/29/2006 6:06:22 PM

That's good. Thanks a lot!

I still be able to develop a simple website with VWD Express, Right? Of course, We will assign only one programmer to complete it. Could you recommend which database should be better as the WebSite datastore, Sql Express 2005 or Access database? We have the license for Access database.

0
OWEN

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

I really Need Help with " Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" with Password Recovery !
I created a Database type in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition that users can register them selves and create pass and store their email....etc..  And I made an Option for them to Recover their Password but after that it asks their Username then Secure Question and then after that instead of sending the password to their entered email it Give me an error...Could anyone Please! Help me..... I really need to know how to let it send the password automatically to their saved email address...And another thing which is very important " How should i upload my files to the Ser...

Visual web developer 2005 express crashes on "save all"
Hi all,after a few minutes of working with vwd, and saving my site by clicking the "save all" icon in the toolbar (or on auto-save), vwd often crashes.My system:AMD 1400+ Athlon320 MB ram40 GB HarddriveWindows XP SP2The following message is shown in the event log:Faulting application vwdexpress.exe, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333d0c3, faulting module vswebdesign.dll, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333ec87, debug? 0, fault address 0x001708ac.I already tried replacing my memory, but it didn't help.Does somebody know what's up?TIA,Bram  The first thing to determine is, ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

can't download Visual Web Developer 2005 beta
I tried installing the downloads and I get the message "not a valid Win32 app" for all of them.  Can't install directly from the site either.   Any suggestions - tia really strange...i've downloaded it several times (at home and at work) and I've managed to install them without any problems. are you downloading the beta 1 version or the february ctp?-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu following Luis reply, I made another attempt and it worked ok - thanks...

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?
The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition, when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below: //--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application. Pr...

Why can't i compile and make a *.dll file with my visual web developer 2005 express edition?
I  downloaded Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. But it doesn't seem to put the *.dll file into the bin folder after compiling. And it does not make out a *.dll file. Could anybody tell me how to config it so that it is able to put *.dll files into bin folder like VS 2003 does?Any helps would be appreciated. Hello will98, with ASP.NET 2 some things have changed. One of them is the compilation model. This version uses a concept called Dynamic Compilation, which uses Special Folders to support it. Now, you don't need a compilation step to generate your assem...

I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?
 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)URL:     ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.NETFramework.v20.chs/dv_VWDcon/html/296c0be6-9ad5-4104-9a1b-a853986fa1a3.htm The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express helpI have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"? I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank! To create a member...

Web resources about - Can I develop our company's internal application with "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express