Building: only debug. Why not release?

I've installed the beta 2. I've opened an old project and built it. No problems here. Building succeded and the page works correctly. However i can only build in debug mode. Configuration manager doesn't allow me to set release mode. Is this a limit of this version?

(Excuse my bad english)

Thanx

-Diego (Atos)-

-Diego (Atos)-
0
diego_atos

Are you building a web site?  You can specify Debug either in web.config like this:

   <system.web>

      <compilation debug="false" />

   </system.web>

or in the @Page directive of each web form like this

   <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" Debug="false" %>

-Dan
danmor
6/14/2005 10:52:08 PM
 danmor wrote:
Are you building a web site?  You can specify Debug either in web.config like this:

 <compilation debug="false" />
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" Debug="false" %>

I know these tags, however i didn't know they would bypass assembly configuration. Thanx a lot
-Diego (Atos)-
0
diego_atos

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Web Matrix vs Vis Web Dev 2005 Express
Hi - i'm looking to upsize MS Access DBs to SQL Server and also migrate to web vs LAN- Yesterday downloaded SQL Server 2005 express and Vis web Debveloper Express as learning tools (haven't yet installed) Today ran across Web Matrix - which appears to be for earlier versions of .Net Are Matrix and Web Developer express similar? Can someone fill me in - which should i be learning? thanks  Just to make sure you're clear, Web Matrix is for ASP.NET 1.1 and VWD is for ASP.NET 2.0.While Web Matrix met a need, Visual Web Developer is by far the superior tool.  If you have the op...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Build the web application in release mode and set debug ="false" in web.config?
Hi,  I have developed an intranet application .I have to build the SetUp Project in Release mode for releasing in the production server.So before I do the build of the SetupProject, I made sure that the configuration was set in Release mode by going to Build-ConfigurationManager in Visual Studio 2008. But I would like to know that in the web.config file the debug is set to true (i.e debug-"true"). So before I build the setupproject do  I need to set in Release mode and also set the debug to false in the web.config. (Or) Can I build the setup project in release mode...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

How to Create a Simple Web Form for Go Daddy hosted site from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Edition
I have spent all weekend trying to make my simple form mail WORK.  And now, much forum hunting and Go Daddy calling later, I want to post what I have learned, hoping to save another newbie a loooooong weekend.  So here goes:1) If you don't have one already, create an e-mail account at Go Daddy.  It will take about 15 minutes to become active.  Write down your user id and password, then forge ahead with the rest of this.  It will take you less than an hour, depending on how detailed your form is.2) Create your form in MS VWD 2005 X ed using the Wizard tool...

Turn off Debug
Every time I run a page Debug keeps running after the page has rendered. Is there a way to turn that off so I don't have to stop it after each page?   Thanks  You can start your application using Ctrl-F5 instead of F5 (or the green arrow button) to avoid debugging.Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

ODP.NET with Visual Web Dev Express?
Hi, Does the odp.net for oracle work with Visual Web Dev Express or do you need VS 2005 full version?  I get the following error in VWD when i add the reference to the Oracle.Data Assembly files.   Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess'.............. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. Also when installing the ODP i got the following:  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Why don't you want to use the built-in OracleClient provided with Visual Web Developer? ...

Building WEB Pages for VS.NET 2005
Hi,I am a team memeber which is developing VS.NET 2005 business aplications for various customers. We have now a heap of more than 100 graphical layoust of web pages we have to build and integrate into a VS.NET application (business logic). Most of the pages are forms with a common layout (Templates?), but need client side logic (Java?) What is the best way to build these templates and web pages (Microsoft way) plain HTML + Java? Are there (MS) tools to help and accilerate the proccess? ThanksADH Hi,    is Master page what you want?    http://aspnet101.c...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

Web resources about - Building: only debug. Why not release? - asp.net.web-dev-2005-express