merging web application project with website project

Hi

 I have a web site project hosted on the main domain, say www.mydomain.com, and a small web application project hosted on a subdomain, say wap.mydomain.com.

I now need to scrap that structure and put the wap as a subfolder of the web site project.  Say:  www.mydomain.com/wap/

My problem is that I cannot get the wap web forms to compile in the new structure.  They seem to 'know' that they have been part of a wap and won't play ball with the website project compilation.

 What do I have to do??

Thanks any help (tah)

Andrew

Andrew Wrigley
wingspan.info
Sharp Design, Smart Data
0
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

It seems this post has the same discussion on http://forums.asp.net/t/1404613.aspx.

If you want to convert ASP.NET web application to ASP.NET website, please refer to that one.

From your description, I understand that you want to convert ASP.NET web application to ASP.NET website, right?

If so, as far as I know, there is not build-in function to implement this. But we can do it manually.

We can create a blank ASP.NET website project and use "Add Existing Item..." to only add .aspx and .aspx.cs for C# project (exclude .aspx.designer.cs files). After this, we also need to modify "CodeBehind" to "CodeFile" in Page Directive. The following is add reference if it has and build website to fix error.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

Website Project and Web Application Project
Hello,I am creating a new application. I will have the project with many components and want them to have as plug and play kinds. Say I have a project ABC and contains different modules like event management, education management etc. etc. Now as in web application project i can have them as sub projects. How can i achieve the same in Website Projects? What factors i will need to consider? I believe it is a new way of doing things and read at few places that it gives more flexible approach but did get that information clarified "HOW?" How will it make my life in this case easier? I read th...

Website Project to Web Application Project
Is there an easy way to convert a Website Project in Visual Studio 2005 to a Web Application Project? Check this link out http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

vb.net and c# files in one web application projects and website project
hi,I got a bunch of files which is the source code of the application I am working on, it did not have any solution or project files. They appear to be asp.net 2.0 files, as partial classes are used.I initially added these files to a website project and I was able to run app in VS2005. My problem starts when I try and deploy application. msbuild is used to compile dependent projects, but it does not generate a dll for my web project which contains an APP_CODE folder. So my web app files cannot find the dll it needs. Precompiling is not an option my our process. Does anyone has any suggestion...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

web application project vs website project
I recently upgraded to VS 2005's SP1 and besides fixing a lot of bugs it introduces this new web application project as another option for us ASP.NET folks. So I read this MSDN article about it but I find I am coming up short as far as knowing where exactly to use each still. Here is the MSDN article.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.aspIn the article there is a chart and where it says "Need to migrate large Visual Studio .NET 2003 applications" it has an "X" in the web application project column. That word "large" is pretty arbitrary. ...

convert a web application project to a website project
Visual Studio 2008 makes it easy to convert from a website to a web application with the wizard. However, what if you want to go the other way to convert a web application to a website? I couldn't find a post asking this question nor an answer to it. I find myself in a situation where I have built a website on the web application model, but I think I would prefer the website model mainly for the convenience of not having to manually recompile whenever a small change is requested. My website has 2000+ pages of static content, but it does have some webforms and database applications. I al...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Web Application Project/Web Site Project
Hello, I have some couple of questions... 1) How do I know a particular application already built in asp.net is "Web Application Project" or "Web Site Project" ?2) Also I have a application built in ASP.NET and If I open the source code in VS2005, Its giving a message saying this application is built in old version and it should be converted into new version before even using. So should I migrate the application to "Web Application Project" or "Web Site Project" ? . kindly advise..(Note: This application is NOT very big or complex.) Thanks in Advance..Renil. 1)A web application pro...

Web Site Project and Web Application Project
I hope someone can help me out with this question.I have been using Web Application Projects and like what it can offer because I am so used to how VS 2003 was structured. I am trying to teach someone the difference between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects, but haven't been able to figure out how to create a new solution that is specific to the Web Site Project structure anymore. I thought when I installed Web Application Projects, I would have the option to switch back and forth between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects. Is there something I am overlooking when I ...

Web Application Project and Web Deployment Project
I went to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx and downloaded the web deployment project. Installed it and tried to create a deployment project for my web application project. However, I do not get the menu item. I've tried this with existing WAP's, new WAP's, but no luck. I have VS 2005 team developer, with SP1 and Team Explorer installed.I've tried the steps mentioned through out this post: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1502324.aspx but still have no luck in getting the menu item.Any help would be appreciatedWayne...

Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?
I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005. Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work o...

Web Site Project or Web Application Project?
Hi all, I have a situation here.  My team's project has window and web clients, and we used Team System to control Source Code. We have a contract company that develop the generated codes for some of the web pages that being used in the web client.  They built it using Web Site Project.  We still need to develop some other web pages that has different functionalities than the code generator and one of our team member created a project which is a Web Application Project.  Now, the code generator doesn't work because it won't compile in our Web Application Pro...

Web resources about - merging web application project with website project - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...