install problem 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects' in VS2005 german

Hello,

I like to install 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects' (VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe) on a german version of VS2005 professional and got an error message from windows installer which means :

"The upgradepatch can not inssalled cause the program is posible not insalle or the upgradepath has an other version as the program which shall be actulised" ( translatet from by me ;-)

Is there a possebilety to get it running ?

or to

change my vs2005 german version to an english version ?

Thank you in advance

Uwe lesta

Uwe Lesta
0
lesta

You will have to have an English version of Visual Studio 2005 installed on your localized version of Windows. You can run different localized versions of Visual Studio 2005 side-by-side.

If you don’t have the English version available you might be able to install the trail version from https://www.tryvs2005.com

Once installed set the language to “English”

  1. Under Tools/Options/International Settings in Visual Studio 2005, set the language to “English”
  2. Install the Web Application Projects GDR -- http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=63636
  3. Install the Web Application Projects Addin -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx
  4. Under Tools/Options/International Settings, set the language back to your normal language.

Hope this helps,
Brad.

0
BradleyB
5/8/2006 9:03:11 PM

Thank's for reply Brad,

Some new questions commig up from your answer:

1) Is it possible to remove the english version after it ? ( are 'Web Application Projects' still running ? can i kkep english in my visual studio ? ) what happens if the trail time is over ?

2) if not can i deinstall my version an activate the trail version with my licenze key ?

or is there any other way to change my licenze to an english version ?

thank you for your time

Uwe Lesta

Uwe Lesta
0
lesta
5/8/2006 9:23:31 PM

Yes you can remove the "English" version after Web Application Projects is successfully installed.

Hope this helps,
Brad.

0
BradleyB
5/8/2006 9:31:54 PM

Good news :-) but there is a rub in it. I can't order the trail version cause the states of the countres which need this trick are not in the list of the order form. ( e.g. germany, french ).

Is there a place to download it ?

BTW: It' seems to be no problem to get a german trail version  :-(

Thanks for quick reply

Uwe Lesta
0
lesta
5/8/2006 9:48:04 PM

Does this link work any better for you?

http://www.microsoft.com/emea/msdn/visualstudio/getthetrials/

Hope this helps,
Brad.

0
BradleyB
5/8/2006 10:10:28 PM

Yes. I just oder it ( 12 euro )

Thank you.

Uwe Lesta
0
lesta
5/8/2006 10:23:34 PM

Hi all

I have de same problem but i am in french version and when i want to change the language in international setting il have not another language

the choice that i have is : french language  or  Like windows language.

Thank you for response.

(NB: Excuse me for my bad english )

0
bartoumi
12/9/2006 10:04:54 PM

Re-Hi all

0
bartoumi

Visual Studio 2005 Install Problem
Hi all, I have just rebuilt my XP machine and installed Visual Studio 2005. When trying to open previously created projects I get the following error message: The application for project <project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. At this point I did some reading and googling and discovered that 'Web Application Projects' is not included in the base Visual Studio 2005 package. I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) expecting this to fix the problem, however I still received the same error message when trying to open the application. ...

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

Why does the .sln file of a website project get saved in 'Visual Studio 2005\Projects'
Hi all,i have a bit of a problem. I am using SourceSafe within our dev team, and I want to create a website project which will also have another project, so essentially I will end up with a solution that contains two projects. My question is, why does VS insist on placing the .sln (Solution) file in the 'Visual Studio 2005\Projects' directory, which is not in the directory I created the project and is not even in my SourceSafe tree? If I was to check in the newly created project, and then some gets it from SourceSafe, then how is someone going to open the solution that I created whic...

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

Where does Microsoft support Web Application Projects in the 'Guidance Automation Toolkit' or Extensions?
 Why isn't there any code at all in Guidance Automation Toolkit (for creating customized VS Templates for VS2005), for supporting Web Application Projects?  And if there is, why isn't it included in the GAT?  Can someone from Microsoft take responsibility for this glaring omission and supply code for creating customized template using Web Application Projects in the Guidance Automation Toolkit? Can someone from Microsoft please take responsibility for a glaring omission tell us where to access this missing code? Anyone?  How are we architects supposed to build ...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

Application for project 'http://localhost/project' is not installed.
Hi all, Our team has recently moved from VS2003 to VS2005 (Team Edition for developers) and all our developers seem to be able to load the web project that is part of our server solution except for myself. When I attempt to load the solution I get a dialog with the folloing two lines ('project' being the name of the web project and the name of the web directory in iis): Application for project 'http://localhost/project' is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. There seem to be 2 mysteries here. What application is it talking about? Wha...

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

What is most 'elegant' way to deploy or publish web project with vs2005?
On publishing I get loads of .dll's and the occasional .resx files (that i think are not critical) as well as the other essential files. It has become quite a big task deploying a site that previously was simple with vs2003  (when I only got essential files copied).  I think I'm obviously missing something. Also... if I modify just one file can I publish or deploy just that one files essential .dll's etc. Thanks,   Geoff   Hi Geoff, If you liked the way web projects were in VS2003, you may want to try out our new Web Application Projects that's available for...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project
Hello, does anyone know how the strong typing resources retrieval is managed in a Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project (because in this type of  project the Resources class is no more generated automatically and all my previous code is not working - at least I don't know how is managed) ?   Thanks for any answers, Mihai. Hi Mihai, You should be able to just add a .resx file to your project and mark it to be compiled with the assembly.  That way you can use it from your code-behind as well as from the .aspx page itself. Hope this helps, Scott...

Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects --Installation fails
Whenever i tried to install Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects it ask me to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 – Update to Support Web Application Projects. I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 – Update to Support Web Application Projects 4 times and tried rebooting and running it with admin privleges, each time the installation was successful. But i am still not able to install Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects  as it keep asking for Update to Support web Application project. I was wondering if any body has solved or seen this problem. I am using Vista OS....

Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects
Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects - Install fails! with "An exception occured in the OnAfterInstall event handler of Microsoft Visual Studio Web Application.WAInstaller. --> Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Anyone got any ideas what might be causing this ? .net 2 already installed and also Visual Web Developer Express.is installed. Thanks  for your help  ...

Web resources about - install problem 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects' in VS2005 german - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects