Importing Individual Web Forms and User Controls from a Web Site

Is there a best practice for importing individual web forms and user  controls from a web site to a web application project (i.e., to ensure the .designer file is generated and all that)?

On the new version of an existing web site, we're moving the WAP, but we're changing the project enough that I don't want to just upgrade the whole thing--I just want to import select forms and controls.

So far, the best thought I've got is to do a fake upgrade and copy over files from that, but that's a bit heavy for my needs, so if there's an easier or better way to just grab the ones I want, please let me know.

--
Ambrose Little
Infragistics, Inc.

Looks like you can just add the files individually and run the conversion tool individually rather than the whole project.  Never mind. :)
--
Ambrose Little
Infragistics, Inc.

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Web Project import, class base removed from user web controls
I do have a problem after importing a 1.1 web project (c#) to 2.0 visual studio 2005 beta1, all the web user controls we have (.ascx) do not compile anymore since the base class / implements class is removed from the class declaration. See: New 2.0 : public partial class ucAddress_enGB Was 1.1 public class ucAddress_enGB : ParkMobile.UI.Mediator.UserControls.AddressMediator Since we have around 75 web user controls which implements base functionality from implemented in a class lib project. Is this as desgined or just not yet implemented in the proj...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

Is it possible to migrate VS2005 Web Application Project to VS2005 Web Site.
Good afternoon.On my first project using VS2005, it was a brand new project so we didn't have to face the migration issue.  As we were developing right after VS2005 was released, we created the code using File | New | Web Site.I have now moved onto my second project and this one is a migration from a previously existing .NET 1.1 codebase to .NET 2.0.   We are currently investigating the best approach for migrating this code from VS2003 to VS2005.  We are thinking that at least initially, we might convert the code into a VS2005 Web Application Project using the steps located at...

Is it possible to have a web custom control( not a user control) in the app_code folder of a web project?
Or must it be inside a class library by itself? Do you compile the web site to get the dll then add that to the toolbar? Yes you can find the info here:http://alpascual.com/blog/al/archive/2006/06/19/The-power-of-CompositeControl.-Another-skeleton-class-.aspxCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Sorry, I'm not following. What does extending a composite control illustrate about creating a custom web control inside the appcode folder of web project....

custom web user control and web form

Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form
I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.     Thanks In Advance Hi, Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example: TestControl.ascx:<%@ Control ...

UpdatePanel & Form View in Web Site Project vs. Web Application Project
I am seeing two different behavour patters when using the UpdatePanel in a Web Application Project (File > Add New Project > ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Application) vs a Web Site Project (File > New Website > ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site) The exact same code will complie in one project type but not in another. The code is: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server">   <EditItemTemplate>     <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">       <ContentTemplate>        ...

web controls and web user control

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

Web resources about - Importing Individual Web Forms and User Controls from a Web Site - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Gymnastics at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's artistic individual all-around - Wikipedia, the free ...
... go through to the Team final, where three team members compete on each apparatus. Teams are ranked on their total score. The best 24 individual ...

Review: He Named me Malala shows campaigner for female education as a remarkable individual
Pashtun teenager, who has become a symbol of collective feelings much bigger than herself, has paid great price for beliefs.

Tax man to hit SMEs and individuals with random audits
The Australian Taxation Office is on a mission to identify the amount of revenue not collected because of tax evasion.

Egypt’s individual candidates lose out to parties in run-offs
Egypt’s individual candidates lose out to parties in run-offs

Individual Risk Adjustment payments
... are sub-optimal unless they get lucky. Switching providers is expensive in time, mental attention, energy and care coordination. If an individual ...

I was excited about another Democratic candidates debate, but then I saw it was just a "forum," that ...
Why is that called a forum? Candidates sit for interviews all the time, so what's interesting about a sequence of interviews? That it was in ...

Tarantino: Problems With Policing Not ‘Issue of Individuals,’ They’re ‘Inside of the Institution Itself’ ...
Tarantino: Problems With Policing Not 'Issue of Individuals,' They're 'Inside of the Institution Itself'

FAA drone task force recommends registration for pilots, not individual drones
If the FAA accepts the task force recommendations, registration will be mandatory prior to the operation of any UAS weighing more than half a ...

Public University Bans ‘Treating Individuals Differently,’ Quickly Backtracks
Public University Bans ‘Treating Individuals Differently,’ Quickly Backtracks

Culture: at the intersection of organizations, individuals, and the broader environmental context
... misconception about culture is that culture is determined either by the organization’s beliefs, values, and assumptions, or by the individual ...